“Ok....”

Ranked #157 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Brisbane, Australia
“Ok....”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have just left this resort a day early due to the filthy water coming out of the shower and bathroom taps when we arrived back there this afternoon. Yesterday we went 2 hours with no power.

It's not all bad though; the staff were lovely - especially the shuttle drivers and the pool barman. All staff doted on our daughter which was nice.

Our room was a good size and very clean. However the bathroom was quite mouldy and could do with a good scrub! The bed was awful; hard and lumpy!

As another reviewer has said, the food was actually very good from room service. I wasn't a fan of the plastic chicken sausages which came with breakfast though!

It is located up a hill and for us it was too far to walk in the heat. The free shuttle runs every two hours to two locations in town so it's good to time your trips around these (otherwise 200-250baht for a taxi or tuk tuk each way which can add up).

We wouldn't stay here again. In fact if we come to Phuket again we will choose somewhere quieter (still lively, just not crazy like Patong) -perhaps Karon or Kata. We are currently staying at Katathani in Kata Noi which is gorgeous. Watch this space for the review!

Room Tip: A pool side room is great for access to the pool. However beware of party goers breaking the 8pm poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my 7 days staying at Baan Yuree. Great facilities, two nice pools and friendly staff. The hotel is located up a bit of a hill at one end of Patong, but I treated it as a good exercise opportunity each day. 15 minute walk (I'm slow) into the centre of Patong. Alternatively they have a great free shuttle service. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Victor Harbor, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Good but terrible location even tuk tuk drivers want more money to take you home at night because of hill very inconvenient. The hardest bed we've ever slept on and you only get 1 pillow each if you want another pillow you have to pay for it. When we arrived we didn't get the room as requested we had 3 couples all in rooms with single beds and they didn't care less still charged us for pillows and no apologies. Staff didn't help take your bags to our room I was carting suit cases up stairs while staff watched on, never experienced this in Thailand before. To sum up you get what you pay for. Graceland resort is still number one and we will never stay anywhere else again.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Had a happy stay here due mostly to lovely staff and high standard of hotel. The location is quite good too but not right by the beach and partying (better for us as we prefer to be slightly away from that).

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingscliff
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first visit to Patong and Thailand I usually holiday in Hong Kong in good hotels and didn't know what to expect here. I had read both positive and negative reviews but arrived with an open mind but hot and sweating. The airport bus had left me at the bottom of the steep hill that leads up to the resort [no Tsunami worries here!] I suggest pay the few Baht extra for the resort arranged transport it was excellent on the return journey. The staff rushed to get chilled towels and juice for me immediately showing just how nice they are. My request to change from an ocean view room to a poolside room was arranged without fuss as was my request to empty the mini bar [no extra charge unlike many major hotels]. The room was spotless and remained so for the two weeks I stayed at this excellent resort. The pools were kept the same way as was the air conditioned gym [the remote control is on the counter for that complaining guest!] with staff active when most guests were still asleep. The breakfast that was part of the very reasonable deal was basic but better than many other hotels. The papaya was worth the visit to anyone starved for beautiful tropical fruit. A smile to the staff not only got 10 smiles back but positive reactions where possible for something like a different type of juice [apple instead of orange or raspberry for instance] Much of what you get from the delightful Baan Yuree Resort will depend on your attitude. If it is Thailand's National Day and the kitchen is short staffed and there are an unexpected large number of guests dining of course your meal will be delayed! In the middle of a bunch of complaining people [you know who you are! Be ashamed!] I enjoyed the best, kid you not, vegetarian curry of my life. The vegetables cooked to crunchy perfection where appropriate and not too spicy. After all the undeserved complaints [really wasn't their fault] when I said the food was beautiful the poor waitress was almost moved to tears. I must say many of the guests were a delight, the complainers a minority. You will find yourself chatting to an attractive lady from the Ukraine or a couple of Kiwis having a ball just like you. I am an active 64 [soon to be 65] and I left Baan Yuree fitter and happier than when I arrived. I thoroughly recommend this reasonably priced resort.

Room Tip: I stayed in 4203 it was large enough to practice Tai Chi without a worry and had a huge bed and big...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ElephantKingscliff
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for the first week of our two week holiday in patong.
The rooms are decent
The pool is great.
They don't charge service fees or taxes on there meals or drinks.
Service is ok they just need to smile alittle more .
Location ain't the best but they make up for it but offering a delivery service every 2 hours until 10pm. You can save lots instead of getting taxis all the time.
The hill is big but we walked it everyday.
The meals are nice and not to badly priced.
I really liked staying there and would defiantly go back. Very cheap for what you get. AAA++

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank matty9484
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We spent a long weekend at Baan Yuree hotel this past weekend to celebrate Songkran. Rooms were clean. Food at the restaurant was good, both Thai and Western food. Shuttle from the hotel to Patong runs every 2 hours. Multi-level pool is phenomenal. Excellent Thai massage in the spa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Kata Palm Resort & Spa
The AIM Patong Hotel
The AIM Patong Hotel
#205 of 322 in Patong
The ASHLEE Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!