“Great 5D4N stay in a superb hotel”

Baan Yuree Resort and Spa
Ranked #150 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Great 5D4N stay in a superb hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and my sis had a great stay at this hotel from 8th July to 11th July 2013...Front desk ladies were very frenly and great help when needed assistance..Rooms were clean and super spacious, we chose the Deluxe one...With a view of the Patong beach. I will choose this hotel when i go back phuket...Its swimming pool is maintain every morning...the cleaners will clear the pools of the leaves and flowers.....We did not take the breakfast there so we do not know the quality....It is about 15mins away from Patong beach / city...they have the shuttle bus till 10pm to and back from city....timing of the bus shuttle got to see properly as we tot it was 2hr once but actually there are 1hr intervals to @ certain timing...they have good Wifi access!!! Our stay was great with Wifi....

Overall this resort is great! Taking a tuk tuk is standard 300Baht as it is located in a slope hill....Worth the stay and money spent!!
Most importantly, they dun take deposit of 3,000 Baht like other hotels...they only request for credit card number as a 'deposit'...

Frankly, this is the first hotel true to its website picture n description....

We stayed in room 1607!

Jas

Room Tip: Rooms on level 6 has beach view and almost the view of the whole city! Swimming pool is clean!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jasmine S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We bought the Super Coupon vouchers $398 for 7 nights, we were a bit concerned after reading some reveiws, but were pleasantly surprised, the staff were very friendly, the pool was great, breakfast was ok, the place was far enough away from the kaos of the main city which suited us
The hill up to the Hotel was steep, I hear people complaining about it, get over it Princesses work of the huge breakfast you just ate, if you dont want to walk it get the free shuttle or a tuk tuk
The only complaint I have about this place is at our back verandah had a smell like sewarage
But I guess you get that eveywhere you walk around Phuket

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AAusmarty
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had them set up the room for a surprise to my partner for our 5th anniversary together. They did an amazing job it was beautiful and he was very surprised to.... Bed was hard as the floor. They did try to make it more soft for me but I ended up getting the air mattress from the pool and using that... slept on the couch for the first 2 nights anyway I sorted that and worked out if you didn't have a shower around 5/6pm it was not going to be a warm one. Nice and refreshing anyway... didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Didn't have a problem at the pool bar, the guy was there the whole time serving my hubby. I thought it was great we had scooters so the hill didn't bother us, we walked down it a few times but paid no more than 200 baht for a taxi/tuk tuk back to hotel. All in all we had a great stay at this place and found the staff very friendly. Thanks Baan Yuree you were great to us... ;-)

Room Tip: We chose the pool side room. Not a great view from the balcony but all greenery and we didn't g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I bought a Groupon Voucher and stayed there in the periods 8 June - 11 June. To be honest after reading all the 'horrible' reviews here I was afraid and prepared to face the worst. To our pleasant surprise it was nothing at all like that!
The hotel staff was friendly - from the lobby desk staff to the shuttle drivers, and the waiters in their restaurant. The rooms were clean enough for us and best of all, the room was huge! Plenty of room to chuck our dirty clothes and junk food..hehe.
The breakfast food was decent, you get the standard fried eggs, sausages, ham, fried noodles, porridge, or pasta (they change one of these items per day). Best thing is that you get to eat in comfort in the fully air conditioned restaurant (coz when you're in Thailand you probably spend the rest of the day sweating anyway so it's a refreshing change).
We even had dinner in the hotel restaurant on our final night, their Pad Thai comes highly recommended, and the prices aren't much different from eating in Patong anyway.

After checking out and arriving home in Malaysia, we realized we left a batik skirt in the room's balcony! My wife had been wearing that for years, feeling sad due to it's sentimental value. I quickly emailed Baan Yu Ree if I could get back the batik skirt. They replied not long after, saying that they had found the skirt and would courier it to me. True enough, I got the skirt back, thankfully. I'm really impressed with this extra service that they had provided me.

If I ever return to Patong, Phuket I would definitely stay in Baan Yuree again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TekoChan
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms were ok- for the price paid (discounted) at that I would expect the rooms more luxurious and at least clean. I agree with previous reviewer with comments on the hill- it's quite step. The shuttle bus pick up time a bit variable from the shopping mall. There is not much bar service by pool, each drink takes about 15 mins to make. The prices (1200 baht) for the spa are expensive given the experience- you would expect for that price better service. The breakfast is not really exciting -though does suffice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hill to get to the location is a joke! They don't tell you about that!! ..
The morning breakfast is not fresh just stuck with toast. And the second it starts getting close to breakfast finish time they all stand staring at you (so uncomfortable) and cleaning up around you as if to tell you to get out now.

First room we was in has no exhaust fans in bathroom aircon didn't work and leaked everywhere won't even go into detail on how disgusting the bathroom was!, complained and they sent someone to look at the aircon he spoke no English walked in turned aircon on walked out then nothing happened?? Had to then AGAIN go back downstairs to ask what the go was and it was basically oh forgot about you .. After a frustrating long discussion we finally got moved rooms with a working aircon!! ...
And all the aircons leak we found out.
Went to lobby to book day trip and seems that all the deals advertised on the website and on the desk its not up to date they said 'cannot do this price' what a joke! Why advertise it then!

Then also when we went to book late check out which all details are in the book that you find in your room saying till 6pm 900baht we ask for late check out and get told yes we charge 1200 baht (which is what we have paid for each 10 nights ATM through deal we got) was told that the book is not up to date and they have to charge under new policy... When I told the girl I was not happy yet again something not being updated she thought it was funny and was laughing! .. What great customer service, they just didn't give a s@#t!

I could go on but this says the main stuff.

Just so dissapointed over all with this resort! .. We stayed at the banthai a few nights before staying at baan yuree and coming from that to baan yuree was just a shock. Would recommend banthai but as for baan yuree got nothing nice to say whatsoever!.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Beck1991

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Taichung, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a Groupon voucher, which our parents paid for via an Australian tour company called Ezystays. When we arrived in Bangkok a few days before our Phuket stay, we emailed Baan Yuree to confirm our booking. They politely informed us that Ezystays had gone bankrupt and that as such they didn't have our (7 night) booking! However, the hotel said that they were still honouring Groupon vouchers, so we hunted our original voucher down and emailed it to them. After a minor panic on our side, everything turned out fine. The hotel staff member that we emailed (and spoke with on the phone) was helpful and reassuring.

We used the airport pickup service and had a very friendly driver (both on the way there and the way back to the airport when we went home). When we arrived, we were checked in quickly to our room on the 5th floor of the hotel (Room 1508), which had nice views of the ocean and mountains. The room itself was a bit dated, but it was very clean. The bathroom was a bit of a surprise, as the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor and even out into the room a wee bit through the unsealed windows inset into the bathroom wall. We simply angled the shower head away from the wall, but if I was paying for the stay I would definitely have complained. This is something that the hotel really needs to fix. AC in the room was good, but the TV channels kept changing and most were fuzzy.

The pool was lovely - clean and relaxing. Even though the pool bar decor was pretty dated (it was named Billabong!), the two or so drinks that I had were well mixed and the bartender was friendly. He also changed the music at the request of the guests, which was great, although the selection was limited. Breakfast was fine. It was included in the package, so again, we weren't paying for it. If I were paying for it, I might go elsewhere, unless it was offered at a cheaper price than other nearby cafes. The rooms were made up daily and overall the service was good. We ordered room service a couple of times and it wasn't too expensive, fast and OK. The free 60 minute massage was great.

The hotel is located at the south end of Patong Beach, up on a steep hill road. This suited us well as Patong is a bit brash for our tastes. We really liked that cheap ($300 per day) scooter hire was available from a small hotel just down the hill. If you don't mind climbing the hill on the way home (we didn't), the hotel is also walking distance to a number of pretty OK looking bars, restaurants and cafes. Oh, and there's a 7/11 or similar at the bottom of the hill. Someone wanting a beach front hotel won't get that with this place. In saying that, they have a shuttle bus that runs very regularly to and from the beach and they have a 24 hour taxi booking service.

The staff were generally very friendly, although the desk staff seemed a bit grumpy most of the time and never said hi or good morning, etc. to us when we came in and out of the foyer. This would have been a nice touch. We didn't book any tours or use the taxi service, so I can't comment on any of those services.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the rooms on the 5th or 6th floors with windows/balconies that face north, as they...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Kata Palm Resort & Spa
PJ Patong Resortel
PJ Patong Resortel
#14 of 222 in Patong
Di Pantai Boutique Beach Resort

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!