“Value for money”

Ranked #151 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Value for money”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at Baan Yuree last December and found the resort to be good value, however, don't expect 5 star. Location was Ok, close enough to shopping, beach etc and resort offers good complimentary shuttle service. Breakfast on offer was limited, perhaps menu has improved recently? Rooms were clean with excellent house keeping service, although don't expect a reliable supply of hot water in the shower. Overall, a suitable alternative for the budget conscious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Neenzie786

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I been there already several times, every time I go back to Phuket Island I stay at least fews nights there, the staff is so friendly, all main place to be are very close and the hotel is very clean!!
I strongly suggest this beautiful resort!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Bann Yuree Resort and Spa.All staff was always welcoming and smiling, The room was clean. The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the service, the staff were so very peasant and helpful..The spa massage was very good I really love it. The pool was lovely.Would love to stay there again...am missing it already.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sanoy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel Room 1504 (Level 5) during the period 5th to 9th May 2013. I would say i really like the hotel as it was quiet, considerably clean (Except the bath tub) and ants problem (ants on the dressing table).

Good: Value for money. If you book the breakfast for the whole period of your stay, it only cost 150baht per person per day. Buffet western style breakfast (mostly) but have local delights such as fried rice and noodles. Food in Phuket is not exactly cheap, hence for a hotel price buffet breakfast, its quite reasonable.

Helpful hotel staff.

Flexible, on our final day, we have to leave the hotel at 5:30am to catch the flight home, however their breakfast only starts at 7:00am. For this, they packed up breakfast box for us to carry on our trip.

Love the massage spa!

Although it was situated at the top of steep slope, the nearest convienience store is just at the foothill (100meters away) and their prices are reasonable. You can get most essentials there.

Improvement: What could be improved is although the three level swimming pool looks great, its quite shallow for all three pool and not long enough for a person who want to swim (more for those who wants to relax by the pool than swimmers).

It's 2.4km from nearest beach (Patong beach). so if you like the beach, you got to travel a bit, by foot/ tuk tuk/ hotel van/ or rent the motobike.

The rooms can be upgraded, shower a bit old, safe box can't lock, air cond was not exactly that cold (but working), no newspapers delivery (preferable if there is).

For the deal we got for this hotel, I will definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Level 5 rooms are quiet, but you will need the lift / stairs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JiAMuN
New Zealand
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here after purchasing a Groupon, so didn't know what to expect. We were very pleased with what we got for our money.

It is in walking distance to Patong for drinks and restaurants etc, but its quite a walk and not for the unfit as the climb to the resort up their driveway is very steep, they do supply regular free shuttles however.

Breakfast was supplied as part of our deal and this was fine as we only stayed one week any longer and I feel it would get abit repetitive. The dinners we had the odd time were fine and well priced.

The rooms although a little tired, supplied a purpose and were keeped clean each day by housekeeping, the beds were a little hard but you can ask for a thicker underly which they supply. Staff were very friendly.

The spa massage was very good. the pool bar was great and much fun had there with wait-staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank meatm8
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Whilst looking for a hotel for my next upcoming trip to Thailand I came across the reviews and I thought I must share my experience at the Baan Yuree Resort. I traveled in April/May 2012 with a friend and honestly we enjoyed it! I did book through Scoopon but had no problems at all like everyone else is saying I guess we were lucky to go before the online booking company went under but that's not the hotels fault. We only stayed in a standard room and it was great they cleaned it everyday admittedly the beds were a bit hard for my liking my friend liked it but it is Asia remember. The shower did have a bit of mould in the grout and the outside chairs did a bit too but in a country where is rains every night it's kinda expected.

We had absolutely no other problems at all. The staff were all lovely and helpful we booked all our tours through the tour desk without a hitch. When we arrived they took our bags to our rooms to settle us. We went to the Wednesday night cultural dinner by the pool I highly recommend this especially letting go of the lanterns from the rooftop afterwards it was something we have never done before. The pool was lovely and we utilized the room service quite a bit as we did lots of day tours and were too tired a few nights to go into town.

The hill we managed to not have to walk it once call us lazy but we always planned our trips to town when the free shuttle was which is every hour. Many people seem shocked at the fact that it is on a hill did no one research the hotel or look at their website? It tells you this so you know before you travel!!

Overall we were very happy can't complain I would recommend it to anyone to stay there. Remember it's a cultural experience you are going to a third world country.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rubyrae007
Patong, Thailand
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything that can go wrong with going on this trip happened from trying to book, via Sccopon, to lost luggage. The Baan Yuree was a disappointment all round. It looks like its pictures and the surrounding habitat, makes it an oasis in the middle of a jungle.
Service: It took more than an hour to check in because I had copies of email and not copies of Scoopon. Trying to retrieve and print or mail Sccopon took the better half of this hour, via Resort WiFi service, only available in the lobby. The smiling staff were not sympathetic or very helpful, in this regard.
The welcoming drink was not the exotic one advertised in the voucher, but tasted like a poor quality, red cool aid.
The Resort have denied honouring anything included in the Scoopon deal and have told me to contact Scoopon directly. The manager says they will only cover bed and breakfast. Free massages and late checkout included in the package with be at my own additional expense. They stress that they have broken their business relationship with Scoopon, as the company used as an in between travel agent, Ezystays, used by Scoopon, has gone bankrupt.
Resort and quality:I did not notice the luxury or reasonable prices, mentioned in previous reviews. Average and reasonable, would be my quality. Costs around the resort, is nothing but extreme. Menu food and drink prices are about double charged in neighbouring restaurants. Spa prices are more than double, making this facility one that I choose not to use. Taxi service used, will cost about double that available outside. Power failure on first day, added to my bad experience. Little things like staying in due to rain, with no batteries in TV remote, added to everything else. Aircon not working the second day, made the humidity in the room insufferable(rain again, couldn't leave.Cost of additional night, double that that I originally paid.

I navigated the big hill(more than 45 degrees steep) on foot, to get to places more reasonably priced for food, drinks and spa experiences and to get away from the immense irritation and disappointment that I felt about my initial experience at the resort.

Room Tip: Choosing a room with a poolside view will make a difference to view and pool accesibility. My room w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DooDah_13

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Kata Palm Resort & Spa
PJ Patong Resortel
PJ Patong Resortel
#14 of 221 in Patong
Di Pantai Boutique Beach Resort

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!