“It's a scam.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan Yuree Resort and Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baan Yuree Resort and Spa
Ranked #161 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“It's a scam.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I bought a Groopon for my boyfriend and I to stay at this hotel. After reading reviews of Groopons not being honoured I phoned the hotel to confirm our booking. I was put on hold and after 5 minutes the line was disconnected, I phoned back immediately only to be put on hold again and to wait longer. Finally I spoke to someone and was told that I have to phone back later as there was no one there that could confirm any bookings. I phoned back later and was told that we didn't have a booking with this hotel and basically that was that. I have been in contact with Groopon who said they will look into it further. At this stage my boyfriend and I have a plane to catch next week but no hotel booked. I know we would be able to book another hotel but unfortunately we are now out of pocket and as we are both Uni students we have to save long and hard. I hate to think that anyone else has been scammed by Ezystays or this hotel but unfortunately they have.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Nothappyjan20
baanyuree, Director of Sales at Baan Yuree Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Nothappyjan20,

We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience, regarding Ezystays or Getawaydownunder company bankruptcy on December 2012, this situation did not good for any of us. (Customers, Baan Yuree Resort and Spa, Deal Companies) and beyond our control. There were not prior notices before they have gone bankrupt. We knew like everyone knew as we could not contact them at all either, phone and email so we knew that something wrong happened.

Then we tried to help the customers by contacting directly with original deals. In that time, we didn’t know how many deals and even worse that some deal companies also have gone bankrupt.

Finally, most of the deal vouchers can still use with us and Groupon (Australia , New Zealand) is one of them or some customers could get refund.

With Best Regards,

Thanadol Dammai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Thai first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Like many of u we bought a voucher off spreets who payed ezystay who has since gone bankrupt without telling anyone. We also payed for transfers and didn't get anything for our money. Payed for 2 rooms and 2 transfers and got nothing, not even a email to organise something else. Had confirmation for this hotel but they didnt accept it. So between 3 adults and an infant who have never been to Phuket we had to get a different transfer to the hotel then to be told we had no where to stay. Hotel staff were helpful ringing other hotels for us but we used their Internet to search for other hotels and then finally got free transport to our new hotel and finally got to the new hotel at 2am, discusting with an infant right before Christmas, absolutely devistating. Lucky our new hotel Swaddi was amazing and best place to stay. However I will NOT be leaving this here as I EXPECT some compensation as this experience was just torture and we have lost a lot of money which is NOT acceptable!!!

• Stayed December 2012
12 Thank Rokama01

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked a holiday through Ezystays and emailed the hotel to confirm my reservation. I received an email back saying that they would not be honouring the booking because Ezystays had gone bust. The holiday was booked in November and confirmed at the time by the Baan Yuree Resort. I was dumfounded that we had not been contacted. I can only assume we would have fronted up at the hotel and told we no longer had a booking...having read previous reviews, this seems to be common practice at this resort. Several emails later and no offer of help or an offer of alternative accommodation...I was happy to accept that Ezystays was no longer going to help me, but I couldn't understand the lack of interest in securing a booking from the resort. I was willing to pay! This rates as the worst experience with an accommodation provider I have ever had. I would definitely steer clear of the Baan Yuree Resort

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MelbourneRod1960
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We purchased a "deal" from scoopon to stay at the bann yuree resort in December 2012 for our honeymoon we were picked up from the airport as organized thru Ezystays arrive at the resort to be told there was a issue with our booking to sit in the hotel foyer for 1hr being told nothing to then be told we were being moved to another hotel at their cost as our stay wasn't confirmed by the hotel (I did have 4 emails on hand printed off replies from the hotel discussing our stay) we were then moved to the blue ocean where we were to we would have to stay in a budget room and pay extra $ to stay there after hours of back and forth arguments it was then told to us Ezystays has gone into foreclosure and is not paying out any coupons so we have paid scoopon who paid Ezystays who then did not pass on the $ to the hotels we were them left with no room no help at 4am worst experience of my life the bann yuree staff were discusting blue ocean terrible and Ezystays what a terrible terrible company we still have had not refunds and there phone number has been disconnected..... Go figure DO NOT buy anything thru Ezystays

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank Lenarhys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

a good family hotel a bit from centrum. As a mater off fact the hotel is a situated up in the hill so you must "climb" the road to get there. it is impossible with small children and even dangerous for grownups.
We stayed here only 5 nights because Patong is not for a family with small children (7mounth, 3.5 years)
The pool area is great if you have smal children. 3 pools in line with bar. You can buy a beer for you and a juice for the small ones.
The rooms are neat and mostly clean. We had lots of ants/termites in our bathroom.
Because it´s impossible to walk with children to some other restaurant (steep hill) you´ll have to it in. The restaurant is fair but you get tired off the food in 5 days.
They have a shuttle service to the town, with a minibus and a converted pick up and you have to fight with the other guests if you don’t want to transport your baby on a pick up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked with Baan Yuree in April this year for our stay in November. We had confirmation sent to us by Baan Yuree however when we arrived we were told they had no knowledge of our booking. There were 6 others in the same boat. We were taken to another hotel and told we had to stay there. A representative of Ezystays did come to see us at our alternative lodging the following day and said he couldnt do anything about it as his boss was in Switzerland. He told us Ezystays had paid our money from the groupon vouchers a day late and Baan Yuree had therefore cancelled all our bookings and re-booked others. He said since the first of December there had been many people arrive at Baan Yuree and had their bookings cancelled with the hotel claiming no knowledge. Basically the outcome is that Ezystays and/or Baan Yuree are keeping the money we paid for the groupon vouchers and then sending people to 2 star hotels. People beware that your vouchers may not be redeemed at Baan Yuree anymore. There was also some indication that the company is going bust and there is little chance of getting your money back.

Room Tip: Dont count on redeeming your groupon vouchers there.
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 70Rachel70
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I purchased my stay at Baan Yuree Resort and Spa through Ezystay, purchased off Groupon. Not only was this deal fantastic, the service from the ezystay staff was excellent. They went out of their way above and beyond to make sure our stay in Phuket was the best. The staff at the hotel were fantastic, super friendly and helpful also. The rooms were pretty good for the price we paid. So if you see a deal online for the Baan Yuree or any other ezystay deal I suggest you take advantage of it because I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you get for the price you pay. I plan to purchase more deals in the near future through them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Erin C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Andakira Hotel
#115 of 319 in Patong
Baan Veerakit
Baan Veerakit
#214 of 319 in Patong

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!