I visited Baan Yuree for ten days in mid November for ten nights. I booked this after finding limited choices in my price range, and although this was on the cheaper end of my price range, I guess I was expecting a little more.
When we first arrived, we found that our Poolside room (for which we had paid extra for) was covered in mould in the bathroom. After complaining the next morning, we were moved to a standard room - which actually had a better view.
The pool area looks great online, and yes its a decent size, but on closer inspection, the pool is a little worse for wear with missing / broken tiles, and the poolside chairs are in a terrible state, Some of them are falling apart, and the mats are all torn and stained. A morning wipe down of these wouldn't go astray either - as they were often wet from overnight rain. On the plus side, the pool bar was great. Good music and very reasonable prices with a good selection of beers and cocktails.
What really lets this place down is its location. Its up the top of a VERY steep driveway, which many Tuk Tuk or Taxi drivers will try and charge you extra for. The free shuttle service provided by the hotel is really good but doesn't really run that often.
I really couldn't complain about the breakfast - there was a very good range of food available and all seemed fresh and tasty. The staff were really friendly, although the language barrier seemed to be a problem sometimes (especially when ordering room service).
This resort is a classic example of "Get what you pay for". It would be good value for families or single travellers on a budget, but for couples looking for something a little more classier - I would suggest looking elsewhere. Unless of course you get one of those groupon deals - in which case some of these seem to be a LOT less than what we paid!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa is a Contemporary-Thai Style phuket resort that is situated on a hill near the famous Patong Beach. The hotel is very well located being a few minutes from beaches and the center of Patong, yet quiet, peaceful & private. Situated on a hill , the phuket resort has a scenic Andaman sea view and Patong town view. Moreover, the area is in a beautiful natural setting and is also safe from any potential Tsunami. At Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa, all guests are treated as VIPs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan Yuree Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Yuree Resort And Hotel Patong
- Baan Yuree Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket