“It would be a 5...”
Review of Amici Miei Hotel

Amici Miei Hotel
Ranked #30 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It would be a 5 if it was based solely on the service we received from Yin Min Ei. She was so helpful throughout our stay at the hotel. Unfortunately, my traveling companion was struck ill and she worked with us to get us connected to the WiFi (it was down for MANY hours upon checkin), transfer our ferry tickets to a later date, hail a taxi and get us the information we needed for a clinic. The room we stayed in was large and the bathroom, clean. There is a cafe located on the ground level from which you can order room service - convenient, but the quality was not that great. If you aren't too picky and just want somewhere clean to stay with excellent customer service, this is your spot!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2BHonestNYC

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Amici Miei is conveniently located within walking distance of Bangla Road, Beach Road, Patong Beach, Jungceylon Mall and Thai Boxing. The staff are just amazing, very friendly and helpful. It is located across from quite a few tour agencies so accessing tour information is not a problem. The rooms are very clean and kept tidy, though quite small. The bedding is just a sheet which is also weird but otherwise it is very good value for money. How the staff treated me there is a far cry from how i was treated Chaydon Hotel in Bangkok where I currently am. You can refer to my other review for more information. I almost wish Amici Miei had another hotel in Bangkok. I should have probably asked them to recommend something. So far the best budget hotel I have stayed in. Another downside is the breakfast which is not very good. Otherwise this hotel is awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TheDarkLady
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Amici Miei Hotel provided everything I could have hoped for during my stay! I originally found the hotel on Trip Advisor and then emailed them an accommodation query. The reply was quick and very friendly. The hotel were even able to organise a taxi to pick me up from the airport.
Originally I only booked 5 days but later extended my stay to cover the duration of my trip in Phuket. The room was well presented - very nice, clean and had all the basics expected for a hotel (fridge, fantastic air-con and own bathroom). The room was cleaned daily and bed sheets/towels were changed daily also without fail.
Perhaps the only thing that worried me initially was that the hotel did not have a pool. However I found that this reduced the price per night quite considerably. My friends and I also found it was quite easy to wonder down towards Patong Beach and just walk into a resort swimming pool without any hassles.
The location is great (no noise whatsoever from the Bangala Road night life). Plenty of taxis/tuk tuks around but It is very easy to walk anywhere. Down the end of the street you will find Bangala Boxing Stadium, some markets in the evening and Jungceylon Mall with a vareity of shops/restaruants. Bangala Road + Patong Beach is also just a short stroll away. The hotel also offers a great scooter rental service and is able to assist you with organising day trips around Phuket.
All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Myself and a friend also experienced bad food poisoning from a Western Restaurant near Bangala Road during our stay. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful and supportive during this period. The restaurant within the hotel itself is fantastic!
Amici Miei Hotel is definitely value for money and their service was outstanding! I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tony_Bones7
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic value for money, the hotel was ideal, me and my friend stayed here in June for 3nights. The room was very clean, the shower was prefect. Had a lovely balcony. When we were jet lagged and slept in, the staff left clean towels and toilet roll outside, we didn't have to ask for anything. The room had a hair dryer and well stocked mini bar. the staff were very helpful, friendly and smiley. Would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JANICE21_10
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our room was very nice and had a small balcony perfect for a relaxing cigarette before you head back into the busy life of Patong. The room got cleaned every morning.The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.The hotel is located in a more quiet area but still in walking distance to all the major tourist areas. For all that the hotel offers it is quite affordable at a rate of 600 Baht for a room with two beds, an AC, a fridge and a TV.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

For what you pay at this hotel, you will not find anywhere better! Great value for money and the girl that works in reception could not be more helpful, organising trips, transport etc. Rooms are basic but have everything you need, cleaned daily. Walking distance from all the attractions in Patong but not in the middle of the nightlife so its quieter at nights. We came back here on our last day after spending 4 nights on Phi Phi, waiting on transport to airport, and they let us use the shower and store our luggage for no cost.
Occasionally there are noisy chickens roaming about out the back that wake you up at the crack of dawn - at least i think they were chickens. But thats nothing to do with the hotel.
If we come back to Patong we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ian H
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We rocked up here to have a coffee and enjoy the atmosphere generated by the amazing management and clientele. If you are looking for a happy convivial place to stay - then this is it and it is not expensive. Very close to Jungceylon and in a great area for shopping, you can't go wrong. Good language skills is helpful and the staff here understand english and are procactive with their service. Cheers.

Room Tip: Take management advice with respect to rooms / cost.