“Good value for money...for the most part” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Welcome Inn

Welcome Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patong
Welcome Inn
Ranked #288 of 396 Patong B&B and Inns
Australia
“Good value for money...for the most part”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I visited in August 2010 (can't select that far back from the TA list), so this review is a little dated being that it's now March 2012, but anyway...here goes.

Prices are great in the low season at about 500THB for a single room and shoot up considerably during the high season with the same room costing you about 800THB. I have travelled to Phuket only once during the busy time of year and won't do it again, (any time soon at least).

Rooms are very clean and tidy and well serviced with TV and plenty of channels to choose from, a mini-bar fridge and the usual, fairly ordinary Thai beds that are found throughout the island. No views to speak of at least from the back of the hotel but these rooms are quieter.

Everywhere I go in Patong there seems to be live music (which is fine if you're a night time person but I like to retire and rise early) and I find it incredibly annoying. Being a retired muso' myself, I couldn't be less interested. So...take a room at the back and up a few flights (be prepared to climb stairs as there is no elevator) and you'll get a much better night’s sleep.

Shakers Bar is directly downstairs (I've covered this place in another of my reviews), so you can't go wrong there if you want a fairly good value meal served to you by friendly staff.

The only negative of my time there was that they seemed to have daily problems with the water and I believe that this is fairly common throughout Thailand. On a few mornings I woke up to no water at all so I could not wash and I soon learned to keep a large supply of bottled water on-hand just in case. However, they always did their best to get the water up and running again so it was not a major inconvenience. I could only assume that this problem has been sorted out now. Let's hope.

In conclusion...great place, good location, clean rooms, cheap and far enough away from the rowdier part of Patong. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator so be prepared to 'leg-it' up a few flights. Good but anoying live music most we...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

I went to Phuket with a group of six other friends, and we stayed here for the duration of the trip. We took a suite room, which had two double beds and a sofa bed, for 1500 THB a night. The room was quite clean but the shower had a weak spray. Free wireless internet was provided and there were internet terminals on the ground floor. The hotel is located quite far down from Bangla Road, between Hotel Mercure and Dr. V Plastic Surgery, not as Google Maps indicates, and about a ten minute walk to the beach. There is a FamilyMart (convenience store) and many restaurants nearby. The restaurant on the ground floor also provides good and cheap food, with all-you-can-eat BBQ ribs, BBQ meat/seafood or cheap pizza on different nights.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank seeyf
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

A friend and I went (or rather, fled) here after a terrifying experience in another hotel which had been paid for in advance. As the other place had been paid for, we were on a budget but found this place really good value for money. We had a clean room, in a generally clean and well-presented building, with aircon. There was free internet in the reception and the staff were really friendly and helpful. It was near to Patong beach and a short walk away from the nightlife etc, so that it wasn't noisy but close enough to get to everything. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends