“Some good, some bad”

Ranked #53 of 722 Restaurants in Patong
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We have eaten at Sweet Restaurant a few times but to be honest the food has been good and bad. Our last meal there the omelet and chicken Massaman was probably one of the worst we have ever had.

I think they must have upended a sugar container into both as they were so sweet. The potatoes were half cooked, and I am sure there were more peanuts in the curry than chicken.

So we are in two minds of what we really think of this restaurant, maybe we will try one more time. Beers are cheap here as well with a small Singha costing 65baht.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Decided to see what all the talk was about after reading the reviews on here....and it absolutely lived up to the hype! Very easy to find but upon first approach, there was nothing about it that would make it stand out. I'm not sure about other travelers, but unlike majority of the other restaurants in Patong, there was no one outside trying to get you to come in. I honestly would not have stopped there if I just happened to be walking by....the food was GREATTTTTT and the staff is super polite and helpful! Best spring rolls I've had in a really long time. Easily one of the top 5 restaurants I had while in Phuket. If I ever get a chance to go back, I'll be sure to stop by again for more food. Thank you guys so much for your hospitality! :) :) :)

1  Thank cg1217
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Situated in main Patong area, though a little difficult to find in smaller lane way. Place clean and tidy and food was of good quality for a very reasonable price. Offered a cool towlette on arrival at lunch time which was much appreciated. Wait staff able to identify gluten free options for my wife and she was fine. We would have eaten there a lot more often if we were staying in this area.

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

The fact that this restaurant is hidden deep in a street and still managed to attract such good reviews on TripAdvisor and Google speaks volumes about its quality. Hidden gem of a restaurant. A lot of options to choose from and every item is reasonably priced. Friendly staff and delicious food

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by someone staying at our hotel.
The food was ok, if you like Thai food not too authentic but still has Thai flavours I would recommend this place. Leave room for the banana fritters.

Been to The Sweet Restaurant? Share your experiences!