“Good Food and Drink”

Cuisines: Irish, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Good Pub Grub with a good Menu and good selection of drinks.Service fast and Efficient.Great to sit outside and people watch.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Service is absolutely terrible. There was one very sullen young woman on duty last night, servicing the outside area. She saw us sit down and calling out to her but didn't respond until by husband had no choice but to go in and almost literally drag her out to take our order. Even when she did appear, see was rude and her entire attitude reeked of I'm-doing-you-a-favor-by-standing-here.
Then the drinks took forever to arrive. I also come from the school of thought that if you have ordered hard liquor, such as a Bacardi, with coke and ice, you should be given all the components separately so you can mix per your liking; but no, here I had one premixed glass lumped on me!
The food itself came in time and tasted fine, overall. But the t-bone steak portion was very miserly. My steak and Guinness pie was a stew of 4 bits of meat, 3 bits of carrot and 2 bits of potato! And the pie crust I can only describe as resembling an Indian Malabar paratha (it had oil and was paratha like flakey) made separately and placed atop a blow of stew. And the kicker, the food has made me sick - something that didn't happen even from eating all kinds of strange street foods.

All in all, there was not an ounce of the friendly Irish charm or hospitality to this place!

1  Thank NilakshiAB
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This place is a very friendly and homely place. Everything is familiar and the prices are very good.
I actually found the fish and chips to be really nice, another review on here said that is was soggy but this wasn't the case for me.

I really liked the pub cat who often wandered around your feet being friendly and purring loudly when given some fuss.

The staff are nice and the new Turkish manager made us feel very welcome. We have found ourselves going back every few days during our stay. X

1  Thank SamanthaCoolbeans
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Moody Paul you Guys are musical geniuses, blown away by your music even after being dragged there after a big night on Bangla. Plus our boys loved your breakfasts, looking forward to coming back & sooooo hope Moody Paul & the boys will be still there... BTW if you want cheap food go local.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I never care about prices as long as I'm on holiday. However, paying more for less doesn't really make sense. At an Irish pub, I'm pretty sure that people do expect good fish & chips. Though the one I had was probably the worst fish & chips I have had so far. The fish was no where near fresh and the batter was soggy.
The service wasn't up to standard either. The waitress saw us sit down at the table but didn't come over until we beckoned to her.
The inside stank too.
The only thing I was happy about was the pint of Guinness.

1  Thank GTLaz

Been to Finnegan's Wake? Share your experiences!