“Awesome”

Finnegan's Wake
Ranked #370 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a wonderful time everytime we visited this pub! Thanks particularly to Watcharee and the gorgeous people that she works with. They drinks were spot on and they even had Bundy Rum (which made my friend extremely happy) as it was very hard to find in other pubs in Phuket. The staff happily chatted to us and helped us work out what was good to do around town. Watcharee even recommended us to a fantastic hairdresser too!

We are really looking forward to having the opportunity to go back when we can

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Well overpriced for quality of food”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My partner, baby daughter and I are living in Thailand and my parents came over for a visit so for a bit of fun we decided to spend a couple of nights in Patong and show them just how sleazy it is! Normally we always eat Thai food as overall for taste and value it is far better than any Western food we have tried over here but for a change and a little bit of what we fancied we thought we'd have a go at something else.

We ordered the Steak & Ale pie at just under 400 baht each. We waited, and waited and waited and then....there was a power cut....obviously these things can't be helped but they decided to serve us the pies with what can only be described as uncooked pastry on the top. I think they may have panicked that we may leave if the lights didn't come back on so brought it out to us regardless of the state of it. To be fair, the filling was pretty good but the pastry and 5 chips that came with it were disappointing.

When paying I did tell them that it was bad and they just nodded....didn't give a toss. I guess in a place like Patong where people are used to shoddy food and service they can get away with this kind of attitude.

I certainly won't be making the mistake of trying this place out again, shame really as it could have been really good had they not fobbed us off with inedible fayre.

• Visited December 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice Pub Food but the music is heavy rock and very loud so you might want to sit outside”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Good UK pub style food, pies, burgers, chips and a good breakfast but i was always a bit put off at night by the Thai band and the heavy rock music played way too laoud for such a small place.

It is on a good location next to the north end of Patong beach so it is ideal for a bite to eat in the day time and it is air conditioned and there are very few places like that in that area so i would visit more in the day than the night.

However if you like very very load heavy rock music then this may be the place for you

• Visited July 2011
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fabulous”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

we ate out alot @ different places,were in phuket 2wks,after awhile just wanted something other than thai\chinese crusine,.found the taste to my liking @ finnegans which was right @ the back of our hotel.the serves per different meals that each of us ordered were more then enough & good value for money.I had shepheards pie just like I used to make @ home,another time I had baked potato everyone in the group were satisfied with their choice of meal.We always ended up there every nite for drinks & entertainment,whom the artist there with his boys were very entertaining playing music from blues ,r\b,rock n roll,also wide variety songs on request.I like 2 add this band is still playing @ finnegans yeah we all recommend this venue .

1 Thank jetsetter054
Melbourne, Australia
“Night of nights”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Just wondering if anyone out there could possibly inform me of the actual address or email of finnegans wake, i have just recently been there and loved everything about it, the atmosphere, drinks and food were fantastic...i thoroughly enjoyed the live band, i purchased a CD however lost in in my travels so trying to find another copy....