“Best in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acqua Restaurant

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 548 Restaurants in Patong
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hong Kong, China
“Best in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is the best meal I had in 2013, and the best (ever) meal I had in Phuket. And this is no overstatement.

The Chef is Sardinian, so I tried two typical dishes from Sardinia, both of which I HIGHLY recommend. For starters the Fregola pasta with seafood - this was simply sublime. An explosion of seafood flavour in my mouth...
Main course was the suckling pig, which was slow cooked for 25 hours then roasted in the oven. Another excellent dish.

My mother had the parmesan risotto which she also enjoyed (vegetarian).

Do try the desserts also. We had the mixed berries, also very good. After dinner, he has an impressive selection of "digestivo", including the famous Sardinian "Mirto".

You will not regret this (At least with the dishes above).

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Great food and excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Acqua is bit outside of Patong but nice design and really busy. great Italian food and very good service. The staff were around the table serving all the time. Great bread and very good wine selection. We had a small problem with one of our meals but they quickly fixed it and provided a brand new meal. Great food !

• Visited November 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“food and service are excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

The food had stunning presentation, Its taste were very good. The menu were various with a range kind of food from western to Asian. Chief's restaurant were professional so the meal was perfect cooked. The dessert were good either. I loved the taste of cocktail ( I don't remember name), very unique and delicious. and the service, just can say: excellent, they were polite and helpful. one more special thing is that decoration was modern and elegant. I had a good dinner and best service. The price were quite high, but I think It's worthy.

• Visited February 2013
Pouch Cove, Canada
“One of the best meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was a long way from where were staying in Rawai but we were later misbehaving on Bangla Road and of the boys liked their glossy magazine advertisement. Upon arrival we had a moment if doubt as the place was empty. Thank heavens we stayed as the entire meal was superb. Mojitos to start, house white to start then a medium ok Barolo and a excellent Silver Oak from California.
A wonderfully presented oversized cold seafood starter was shared before my appetizer, a large piece of gorgeous foie gras was served with a tangy marmalade. One friend said it was he ever tasted and for me it was heaven. I followed with a truffle risotto with scallops. My friends with the aged Wagyu beef perfectly done. A very good Cheese plate to close and I had a grappa Di prosecco, well two actually, excellent. The service was top notch. This is a fabulous restaurant at home in any city if the world. Definitely try Acqua if you are in Phuket. It is well worth the trip.

• Visited October 2013
Phuket
“Not too impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My business partner and I meet 4-5 x per year for a nice dinner with the families in Phuket. I always try to find something special and after hearing and reading so many great comments about Acqua it was about time to give it a try.
The reception with a cocktail was nice to start with, though nothing extra ordinary. A bit cramped though we were only 5 guests. The the dinner itself. Impressive menu, even more so the wine list.
I personally found it too dark inside, one can't read the menu without a little torchlight, kindly provided by the staff.
The starters were great. Classy presentation, well prepared and a feast for the eyes and the palates. Unfortunately the mains were anything near as good. Very poor presentation and average quality at best. My wife had a risotto which looked like a bowl of dog food (sorry) and my veal shank was equally careless presented. This was not what I expected at a venue of this kind, and I really don't mind to pay top $$ for top food. Definitely not convincing.
To be fair, the deserts were on par with the starters, beautifully presented and very tasty.
Service was very friendly and the wine was excellent, too. It is a pity that they did pay so little attention to the mains. I noticed that the boss wasn't in the kitchen, though present at the restaurant. I am not sure to give Acqua another try, there are plenty more restaurants on Phuket to discover.

• Visited August 2013