“Not too impressed”
Review of Acqua Restaurant

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 589 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My business partner and I meet 4-5 x per year for a nice dinner with the families in Phuket. I always try to find something special and after hearing and reading so many great comments about Acqua it was about time to give it a try.
The reception with a cocktail was nice to start with, though nothing extra ordinary. A bit cramped though we were only 5 guests. The the dinner itself. Impressive menu, even more so the wine list.
I personally found it too dark inside, one can't read the menu without a little torchlight, kindly provided by the staff.
The starters were great. Classy presentation, well prepared and a feast for the eyes and the palates. Unfortunately the mains were anything near as good. Very poor presentation and average quality at best. My wife had a risotto which looked like a bowl of dog food (sorry) and my veal shank was equally careless presented. This was not what I expected at a venue of this kind, and I really don't mind to pay top $$ for top food. Definitely not convincing.
To be fair, the deserts were on par with the starters, beautifully presented and very tasty.
Service was very friendly and the wine was excellent, too. It is a pity that they did pay so little attention to the mains. I noticed that the boss wasn't in the kitchen, though present at the restaurant. I am not sure to give Acqua another try, there are plenty more restaurants on Phuket to discover.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I entered the Restaurant I was asked if I had a Reservation althought I was the only guest at the time. The Pizza I had was ok but about 3 times the Price you pay in nearby Kamala or Patong. The Restaurant is a bit out of the way and I do not see any reason to go back there again.

1  Thank canyon747
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This Restaurant is still the best by far in Phuket it is a must visit if you appreciate and love great food served with passion, as an ex Chef I'm always impressed with the quality of the produce used here , world class dinning experience and good value compered to Australia and Europe. I love it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

For what this place is it is very expensive and the outside of the restaurant looks run down and ick to be perfectly honest. The food was ok, but cost more than the same experience would be here in perth. Left very disappointed

1  Thank Sophia C
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Of course is not a cheap restaurant, but anyway the quality of food, the quality of wine and the service are really high level.
I live in Phuket, so for expat the price are very high, but people in holiday can enjoy a really Italian taste and I'm sure that they will spend less than Europe.