“Honestly, don't bother- over hyped”
Review of Acqua Restaurant

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 615 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was expecting great things from Acqua after other reviews etc. Felt very let down, service was the worst I have ever experienced in Thailand- started with a surly welcome from the hostess and hit a crescendo when we were asked to leave our table after less than an hour even though we hadn't finished. They wanted us to move to where people sit and smoke! I complained and asked to speak to the manager and was told "he not come". No idea why they wanted us to move as when I went to use the bathroom when we were having a drink in the bar (while waiting for taxi) the table was still sat empty. Many better places on Phuket

2  Thank petersitges

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have just eaten at the restaurant and I had a Nice meal but I had my expectations high. I must admit that I wasnt satisfied the food tasted ok but it was far from a gourmet experience.

The service / design of the restaurant was awesome - very good indeed.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited because of the reviews on Trip Advisor.
Very stylish restaurant with a very professional staff.
Being a european with a taste for italian food I was lookin forward to this visit but cant help being a little disappointed.
The menu is interessting and beyond what the traditional italian cuisine.
First we were served some bread: the olive oil and the balsamico was very, very good. Unfortunately the bread itself was pretty trivial and plain.
The first course (as the main course) was fish. Big servings and nicely put on the plate.
I cant put my finger on exactly what was mising, but in my opinion the food was a little anonymous.
The same is true about the main course.
But after eating I felt full in a good way, so the food is definately worth eating.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had the pleasure to be in Phuket for second time and of course if you go to Phuket you must go to Acqua Restaurant which it's defenetly the best in the area.
We've been welcomed in from Hostess Michela, she was so kind to arranged a table in front of the open kitchen and she made sure trough the evening that everything was perfect....and was defenetly another amazing experience !
Michela suggested few new entires in the menu so we tried the spicy octopus and the black ink risotto with Sicilian prawns and sea urchin and I must admit I never tried anything so tasty and delicious !
Was amazing to see in action chef Alessandro and his well trained team, we defenetly love this restaurant and the kind staff!
Michela suggested us to go and visit Bocconcino their new Italian Restaurant and supermarket. Looks like you entering A little Italy!
They bake fresh pastries and bread every day and it's simply amazing the way they work! We buy some fresh Panini to take to the beach and we defenetly loved it and decided we'll come back every day ! I really suggest anyone going to Phuket to visit Acqua and Bocconcino

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Make no mistake, this is one of Phuket's 5 most expensive restaurants. But other than the hotel eateries around, this is owner/chef operated and he takes his job seriously. Modern mediterranean cuisine, perfect presentation and fresh ingredients only. They also own a deli called Boconchino and import their own food from Italy, which helps. Drawback is the arrogant European waitress and - well - the feact that per person you pay around 5,000 baht (well over 100 Euro). For special occasions.