“Best Restaurant in Thailand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acqua Restaurant

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 523 Restaurants in Patong
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Best Restaurant in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had the pleasure to be in Phuket for second time and of course if you go to Phuket you must go to Acqua Restaurant which it's defenetly the best in the area.
We've been welcomed in from Hostess Michela, she was so kind to arranged a table in front of the open kitchen and she made sure trough the evening that everything was perfect....and was defenetly another amazing experience !
Michela suggested few new entires in the menu so we tried the spicy octopus and the black ink risotto with Sicilian prawns and sea urchin and I must admit I never tried anything so tasty and delicious !
Was amazing to see in action chef Alessandro and his well trained team, we defenetly love this restaurant and the kind staff!
Michela suggested us to go and visit Bocconcino their new Italian Restaurant and supermarket. Looks like you entering A little Italy!
They bake fresh pastries and bread every day and it's simply amazing the way they work! We buy some fresh Panini to take to the beach and we defenetly loved it and decided we'll come back every day ! I really suggest anyone going to Phuket to visit Acqua and Bocconcino

• Thai first
Phuket Town, Thailand
“Suprerb but super expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Make no mistake, this is one of Phuket's 5 most expensive restaurants. But other than the hotel eateries around, this is owner/chef operated and he takes his job seriously. Modern mediterranean cuisine, perfect presentation and fresh ingredients only. They also own a deli called Boconchino and import their own food from Italy, which helps. Drawback is the arrogant European waitress and - well - the feact that per person you pay around 5,000 baht (well over 100 Euro). For special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Never disappointing. Consistently good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

You can review a meal after one visit, but it takes a few visits to really review a restaurant. We visited Acqua in Feb 2013 after a hiatus of almost a year and it was good to experience the same ambiance, service and quality as before. When the owner works in his own kitchen one expects high quality and it seems the owner, Chef Alessandro, is ever-present. Particular favorites are the mozzarella with tomatoes, the cheese and rocket risotto and the sea bass. The bread, as many reviewers have said, is very special. Not cheap but there are plenty of lower quality restaurants in Patong charging more. Give it a try

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Don't bother ordering a takeaway pizza-they even admit they can't cope”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Met by a surly Russian hostess the negative tone was set immediately. Without questioning my needs, she stated "No Chef Alessandro is very strict. No takeaway!" I explained I had called earlier querying the possibility of delivery. That was not possible but takeaway was. The surly one said pizza could take an hour or two to make. "Perfect" I said. I will return in 1 1/4 hrs. So a time was agreed to. Upon my return I was deliberately ignored for five minutes whilst watching the pizza chef make dough-aka not too busy! When I finally got the attention of a waitress and was promptly dismissed again, a few minutes later a cold pizza appeared for 589 baht. What a shocking way to end a fabulous 8 weeks in Thailand where I have eaten at so many wonderful restaurants with impeccable service. Much room for improvement including dismissing the hostess.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Aussie Bronza
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good for Patong, but could really be better!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been highly recommended to go and eat at Acqua, considered as the best food in Town. Though my expectations where high, and saddly it was a deception.
The design of the restaurant is contemporary. Rather nice, the negative point is that the material used makes it very, but very noisy.
The menu is vast with all you can expect from a good Italian restaurants. Products are imported. The wine list is great. Prices are high but seems logical.

Now what about taste.
The appetizers were simply great, very good parma ham, great buffala, good olive oil. We were happy.
But than started an almost nightmare. We had to wait more the one hour to get the main course, not because too many people, but just because the Chief and Owner was chatting and drinking a soda at the counter instead of making his kitchen run.

After several complains, he finally decided to go back to work. Was the result to the standards of the appetizers? Clearly not.
All the different pasta we've ordered where highly too salty. Probably to much salt in the water. This killed the different taste. None where able to finish their dishes.Was it on purpose because we complain for the delay???
We did got some excuses, but no discount or gestures.

So what could have been a great address is poorly managed. I will certainly not try again as I found it too noisy anyway.

• Visited January 2013