“Excellent Italian but pricey”
Review of Acqua Restaurant

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 662 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Chef / owner run and a bit outside Patong. Food is fresh, modern and prepared first rate. Service is also very good. If you have a special occasion to celebrate in Phuket, this is the place to go to.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

very good environment with a well service accurately.

Acqua is a real Italian fine dining

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Ignore the other reviews - ask a european.
Often when you eat Italian food outside of Europe its often cliched (tired caprese salad and overcooked pasta) and has rubbish ingredients. This place excels both in the quality of ingredients and preparation and I have been to this restaurant 3 times.
Beautiful breads,(also go to the fab deli in surin) wonderful innovative staters and homemade pasta with the lightest touch - are the highlights on a menu that leaves you spoilt for choice.
Exceptional and friendly service add a perfect backdrop to the cuisine.
I had scallops with duck liver , pumpkin ravioli (homemade pasta was just perfect and pumpkin not too sweet ) with a cream gorgonzola sauce and chocolate and gorgonzola mouse with pear sorbet ( sounds wierd but the kind of desert you dream about).
yes it is a little on the pricey side for Thailand but not for the level of cuisine you are getting (£60 for 3 courses for 2 inc beer but not wine).
The restaurant this place most reminds me of is Locanda Locatelli in London and certainly beats any Italian cuisine I have had outside Europe.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

As said this was my second time at the restaurant, been maybe 2 years since I was there.
Went to celebrate my birthday so the cause to spend a bit more for dinner than usual.

Staff was polite, but had a feeling they were not too friendly at first cos we were both not foreigners so perhaps they thought we would not spend a lot. THey got a bit more friendlier at the end when we ordered a good amount of food. But that's how it usually is in Thailand.

Food was great as usual. They had a free amuse bouche which was mozzarella cheese with tomato stuck on a very long metal skewer, interesting. THe dinner rolls were also very fresh and goes perfect with the olive oil, though I had a vague memory that they served butter too previously, but not this time.
Had the eggplant appetiser that was amazing. And the bruschetta, the mushrooms were yummy.

I had a heavenly rack of lamb which was soft and succulent. My partner ordered the beef tenderloin which was smoky and flavourful. Well worth the money.

Even though we were really stuffed, we just had to try a dessert and had the fresh berries panna cotta. I was scraping the bottom of the glass just to get every bite of it.

It was a great dinner, a lot of handicraft and work went into it.

My only gripe would be that their online booking system doesn't work. I sent an email via their website link to reserve a table 2 days before but never got an answer. Quite disappointing cos I thought they might do something special since it was my birthday. Anyway, it was good dinner and well worth the splurge.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I went there from the review of TA. it,is a nice place but you don't have view.. It is a bit pricey but the food quality is there so no problem. I had a wonderful starter, eggplant with ricotta but I was disappointed from my main course. The dessert was good but no more. This comment is according the price, I m sure they can do better after seeing the kitchen. I wish luck for them and will visit it next year but not before. Pat

1  Thank coladventure

Been to Acqua Restaurant? Share your experiences!