“Nice location, annoying staff”
Review of Moser Guesthouse

Moser Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patong
Moser Guesthouse
Ranked #332 of 415 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2010

At the start it seemed like a really nice place, clean, affordable, and a good spot nice and close to everthing but not so close where the noise keeps you up all night but then after a couple of days the staff really get on your nerves. In the evening you cant have a drink without them asking you to buy them oneor asking for a smoke. Thats ok but every time!! I had a pro kitchen knife taken out of my friends room by the cleaner, after we'd checked out I realised it was missing and went back. After she repeatedly told me it wasnt there and offered me an old butter knife to replace it she suddenly found it and even pointed out that it was german(as if she'd seen it before?). I had a running bill for drinks etc and was asked to pay for it late at night while I was drunk so I didnt really know what I'd payed for (my mistake I suppose).
So if they changed ALL the staff this would be a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyKel

Reviewed January 22, 2010

When you first arrive at Moser the staff is friendly and outgoing, and because the rooms are clean and airconditioned as well as reasonably priced if you take the time to negotiate it seemed like a good pick.

As time goes by though, the staff starts playing games to get more money out of you in multiple ways. When I came back after a short tour in the surrounding they wanted to almost double the room rate (high season had started, so I could understand an increase, but not double the price). Before my first visit they responded to each e-mail the same day, but when I mailed that I would arrive a day late for my second visit they did not respond and then wanted to keep the deposit I had left, not counting it to the room rate. I did not accept this, and made sure that the deposit was paid back.

Then they charged 'bleaching costs' several hundreds of bath for a sheet that had gotten dirty, and I found out that one of the emploeyees had written his own name as the referral name despite the fact a friend of mine had given me the name address, thereby taking the referral fee my friend was due.

On the second visit there was a leak in the roof of the room I stayed in, meaning the room was soaked, and the bed was wet, which was not remedied either in the moment, not after the fact. Although I was not too concered to get a discount, the fact that they did not want to give back the deposit had already aggrevated me, so made me more grumpy about the situation.

You have to ask for basic things like toilet paper and soap once it runs out in your room as cleaning staff is not very thorough in rooms where clients are not checking out on that day. Lastly they write room numbers in your clothing with permanent ink when you give laundry, and one of the female employees (the loudest one there) constantly tries to entice you to make her your girlfriend, which gets to be annoying if you are not at all interested in that.

There are a lot of hotels and guesthouses in Patong, stay clear of this one, even if it looks like a good one at first.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BokitoC
Reviewed January 14, 2010

As a favor to a friend who knew the 'owner/manager' I stayed at the 'guesthouse' for a total of 7 weeks between September and December 2009 . Every day was an adventure, some of the highlights included... no cleaning or housekeeping staff, night security staff alseep with room keys left in the open so they would not be awakened, constant water and power failures, customers being charged different rates depending on the amount the staff could scam and worst of all the constant lies being told by staff to justify poor and dishonest practices.

Look around the same area, there are plenty of new hotels opening that offer great facilities at honest and reasonable rates.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AsianDreamer
Reviewed April 24, 2009

just love the place quiet low traffic close to the beach comfortable walk to the night life large clean rooms great friendly staff friendly it was like a small family extra thanks to noi helpfull and smiling alvays happy many tanks for a lovely time hope to come back meny times

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Brand new guest house only 5 mins walk from the beach and 10 mins to nightlife. The owners are very friendly and helpfull. We are backpacking and its the best accomodation in this price range we have stayed in so far (4 month), clean, big, AC, fridge, TV, safety box at reception.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple