“Long time”

Ranked #89 of 662 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hi.We are serving Thai food ,Sea food Pizza & Pasta also.We have also Gluten Free Food as a request.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went for lunch and while my partners callamari salad was a great dish my grilled fish was steamed and it took 45 minutes to arrive after the calamari. Sadly this was a bit long seeing we were the only ones for lunch in the restaurant. The fish dish was good but not to the standard I expected and the staff were too busy on the wi-fi rather than serve or explain the delay!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here on Friday 26th April. After a considerable walk in the evening humidity it was with relief we sat down in the air conditioned restaurant. We stated with deep fried calamari with two types of dips. Which were lightly battered and delicious. The drinks order was a bit confused as the wine arrived before the gin and tonics, but no problem. We did ask if the seafood basket with lobster would be too much for 2 but were assured it was fine. When it arrived there was a lobster,3 rock lobsters,6 very large skewered prawns, a whole fish, a whole squid and 4 large muscles all of with had been grilled. They had also provided a large bowl of boiled rice and another of vegetables in oyster sauce, complimentary. The lobsters and prawns were fantastic, as was the fish. The squid and muscles a bit dry as I think they don't lend themselves to being grilled. We thoroughly enjoyed it but it was too much and could have easily fed 3 people. The bill was also very reasonable. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We sussed this place out after seeing that it was #2 in Patong. We were a little bit skeptical heading in as the restaurant is down a side street and doesn’t look particularly appealing. After we arrived we ordered 2x Seahag delight which we weren’t too fond of but its always a bit hit and miss with the house cocktails. We then proceeded to order mains, 1x Grilled lobster, 1x Mixed Seafood basket and 1x Yellow curry with prawns. I asked the waiter for a recommendation for my order (which ended up being the seafood basket) he proceeded to tell me that it would be better for two people. I quickly brushed that off as other servings in various other places have been quite small. BOY was I wrong! The mixed basket was absolutely massive containing a whole lobster that was grilled and split down the centre, 5 or 6 Tiger prawns (the big variety) on skewers, a whole grilled fish, A whole grilled squid, 4 or 5 of the rock lobsters (they are smaller and I wasn’t quite sure what they were when I first saw them. Look like little bugs Morton bay bugs). Between the three of us we still couldn’t polish of the mixed seafood basket. Seahag also bring out various side dishes of rice and noodles with your mains as a complementary gesture, I’m sure this was built in to the price but it was a nice touch. The other meals we could not fault at all the only problem we had was we could not eat it all! The seafood was not cheap but i didnt mind paying extra for something well worth eating!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Food was solid, certainly not bad, but not great. Seafood was certainly fresh, but some of the traditional Thai dishes like Tom Yum Goong and Phad thai were poor compared with a lot of other local places. Also the spice was taken out of any traditional spicey dish, I guess to allow for tourist tastebuds, but as regular visitors to Thailand we missed the taste of real Thai food.

Service was courteous, and sound (notwithstanding that a waiter did knock over my father in laws beer and whilst he brought a new bowl to replace the one that was now full of beer, he didn't replace the beer),

Location was ok, albeit not as nice as some of those on the main Patong rd.

As a family, we agreed it was nice but not as nice as some of the other similar restaurants in the same area that we will return to over this despite this having higher ratings on trip advisor

Reviewed May 3, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we went along to Sea Hag as a large family group and were not disappointed. Meals were served promptly and everyone in the group received their dishes at the same time. The presentation of the food was excellent, as was the taste and flavours of all the dishes. As previous reviews have mentioned we were also given a couple of complimentary dishes. During our ten day stay in Phuket we visited Sea Hag twice.