Have just recently stayed at Tri Trang for 7 days after travelling for a month so was a great end to our holiday. I booked our room on the net only two days prior to arriving, as it was not peak season had no problems getting a room probably would not have so lucky if it was peak season. They had a special on so if you stayed 7 nights only paid for 5 with breakfast included. When we first arrived which was about 8pm they took us to a room with twin beds and we had requested a king size on the net, we asked if we could have a kingsize room there was no problem with that, they moved us straight away. The room was quite large, clean, and had a great view from the balcony. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed and complimentry water. tea and coffee and jug as well.
Breakfast was adequate for us, but if I was staying there without that included would not pay it as it would not have been worth the money 250baht per person.
Pool was smallish, but clean. The walk to the beach below is down alot of steps, coming back up is ok if you are an olympian, but feel sorry for anyone older or with young children trying to get back up those stairs. The beach at the front is truly lovely, much nicer than Patong's beach. Deck chairs and umbrella's but I think you pay about 100 baht for hire of them ( we just sat on the beach) there is a massage and restaruant as well along the beach, but I think pretty pricey in comparison to the main shopping area in Patong. The hotel offers free towels for the day for beach or the pool.
It also has a shuttle bus that runs into Patong, as tri trang is about 6-7 klms away and so would cost you a fortune to catch taxi's there and back. We caught a taxi back one night late from Patong and the cheapest we could get it for was 200 baht for a 10 min journey. We used the shuttle all the time, the only negative thing about the shuttle was because we were there off peak, the last run back from Patong was at 7.30pm so you could not stay out late unless paying for a expensive taxi. i think they run later in peak season. We were there in off peak so not many people staying at the hotel, very quiet, probably all up about a dozen people. They also have a room for internet use, but the computers there were always playing up. 50baht for an hour, we got free internet being off peak. They also have free wifi so if you have a lap top bring it much better than theirs. Overall the tri trang suited us it probably rates as a 3 star, I found all the staff very friendly and helpful, though they could not speak or understand a great deal of English which surprised me for such a touristy place. If you want something fance then tri trang is not for you. We liked it because it was away from the madness of Patong and the beach is nicer as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlook a truly unspoiled private beach, Tri Trang, here is a secret hideaway paradise. The resort can be easily accessed from Phuket Airport and its location on very own beautiful and secluded beach, and just 2 km away from lively Patong ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tri Trang Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tri Trang Beach Hotel Patong
- Tri Trang Beach Resort Patong, Phuket