Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have just returned from Patong, staying at the Tri Trand Beach resort. Overall, I thought it to be a pretty comfortable and serviceable resort.

Bullet point is my thing so here we go:

Pluses:

• Clean rooms / fresh towels and linen daily
• Room always cleaned within an hour of walking out the door - plenty of staff
• Not overcrowded - due to popularity? I don't think so, just plenty of space for everyone
• Helpful staff - limited english, which made for alot of hand gestures, but aside from that, happy to help
• Great facilities, massage parlour next to gym was a winner. Everything clean and tidy
• CHEAP!!! I paid, $30 AUS per night for a twin share with ocean views.
• Quick and cheap taxi service into town if you miss the shuttle. 200BHT into town - very good
• Super relaxing, no kids screaming, more geared towards non family (see minuses)

Minuses

• Not suited to small children, lots of steps and a few dangerous ledges / low overhead concrete (well signposted though)
• Wireless is available, but found the signal was very weak in my room. had to sit under the modem in the hall to get strong reception
• My toilet blocked 3 times. Without the gross details, there wasn't much going in there. They fixed it each time quickly, but it kept happening. Annoying.
• Watch out for staff cleaning floors above the pool area, one of them just started sweeping off a balcony without checking. I copped a few leaves and stuff while laying on the deck below.
• Limited range of food at breakfast. I didn't eat any lunches or dinner so can't comment on them. Food was tasty though!
• Air con wasn't super cold, although this didn't affect my sleep

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as a good alternative to the busier Merlin across the way. Definitely more suited to younger people on a budget, or people without kids, no kids activities available that I noticed. I would stay again definitely, even with my 3 year old, although I would be careful about her running around without me close by.

First time Thai traveller.

Room tip: All rooms seem to have ocean views, so if the price varies on location, keep that in mind. Top floor is quite cool as well.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you are going here be ready to pay for everything. There will be so many things kept on the table as if they are complimentary but they will charge for every bit of it. SO, be careful before you use any of them. Location is bad in terms of shops, restaurants and connectivity from rest of the city. There is only one restaurant that belongs to another hotel with very unfriendly staff. We wanted to try another restaurant but there was nothing near by. Internet is accessible only from lobby. I don't thing after coming tired from a beach, I would like to sit in the lobby to check my mails. The only good thing is its located right beside the sea. Service wise, its not at all a 3-star restaurant, as they claim.

4  Thank sibani m
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights we really like the room (2505) one of the best sea view room we stayed. unfortunately there was are storm we did not enjoy much and this was are rainy season on phuket.
If you want to have peacefully stayed this is the place but if you’re a young couple there are no entertainment at night you have to go all the way to patong city. Hotels provide are shuttle bus during the day time. Beach is really clean we never got a change to swim. Breakfast is nice and staffs are really friendly we definitely come back to this hotel…

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from Phuket and are determined that should we ever return then we would definitely choose this hotel again. It may only be 3 star but it has the best location with a private and very clean beach with very clear water. No hawkers and no traffic noise. The restaurant and bar are adjacent to the beach and cocktails at "Happy Hour" are a must. If you don't like a beach then there are several chrystal clear pools to swim in; also adjacent to the beach is a lovely tranquil massage room, how lovely to relax being pampered to the gentle sound of the waves. Staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful and although all do not speak English they will find somebody who does when necessary. If you are looking for a hotel with a shopping arcade then this is not for you, there is a mini mart and a tailor only. The hotel operates a shuttle bus to and from Patong three times daily, and taxis charge a fixed rate of 22 baht if you need such transport.
All rooms face the ocean and we found all types to be as per the hotel photos. We chose a superior room and were very pleased. Breakfast was included in the room price and was perfectly adequate with choices of fruit drinks, fresh fruit, cereals, egg dishes of your choice, salads, thai food etc.etc.

There are three restaurants nearby if you want a change and we found all of them to provide good food at good prices as does the hotel restaurant.

We would and already have recommended this hotel to friends.

perthcheap

1  Thank perthcheap
Reviewed August 27, 2012

tri-trang beach resort is a nice and big hotel .

reception : the are always smilling and wishing to help , they gave us map and showed us several beaches to go to , they are always a sleep in the night and u have to wake them up ..but overall it is a nice reception ..!!

rooms : are spacious and comfy but make sure to book rooms close to each-other because the hotel is like on a hill and is really big !! the beds are clean , the air-con is ok , the bathrooms were nice but not very clean i once found a Cockroach , the put a woody thing in the bathroom with really nice smell . one bad thing is they dont provide extra towels or pillows !!! the room service are average but the rooms are really good !!

the beach and restaurant : the private beach is nice and long and calm ...but not a good place for swimming , just great for relaxing . the restaurant is good , the breakfast was really nice and the prices were reasonable .

the beach-bar : is a really good one ..the have great cocktails ..loved the sex on the beach and whiskey sour ..!! wait for the happy hour everyday to get one drink for free for every drink u order ..a great DEAL to use ;)

THE BEST THING IN THE HOTEL ( THE MASSAGE CENTER ) : the thing you cant miss in thailand is the massage and let me tell you , TRI-TRANG have one of the best massage centers in phuket !!! just go to the center beside the fitness gym , the prices are nice and the massage is AWESOME !! do the full body massage or the oil massage !!

Dislikes about the hotel : -alittle bit away from Patong main streets / some people in the restaurant are not so nice

IN GENERAL ...AS A 3-STAR HOTEL , I THINK THIS WILL BE THE BEST CHOICE YOU CAN MAKE !!!

Room tip: -if u r booking more than one room , ask for the rooms close to each-other -its way much better to ask for a SEA-VIEW room !! -ask for the room in a high floor so u will get a great view !!
Date of stay: February 2012