“Good budget hotel”
Review of Siam Hotel

Siam Hotel
Ranked #225 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed in 4 different hotels on this Thailand trip and this is the best room we have.
The hotel is very close to the shopping centers and the Banzaan fresh market where you can treat yourself with the delicious fresh Thai food. There's also a family mart about 10 meters away.

Our room is spacious for the price, clean, good air condition and have a small balcony. Good coverage of Free wifi in the room. The room is clean and towels, beds, etc are changed everyday.

The staff is friendly but could use some improvement on English. Fortunately Tim, the friendly owner, is always around.

They also offer the motorbike lease for 200THB a day, we got one for 100THB for half a day use. Our bike is a Honda Click which is small and easy to use.

Overall, we would stay here again the next time we go to Phuket.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LinhPham
There are newer reviews for Siam Hotel

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at Siam Hotel for 3 nights just a couple days ago. Tim, the owner, such a really nice guy. I booked the room by email. He patiently answer all of my questions. I even ask some things that are not related to the room and he still anwering nicely and been really helpful. I can't thank him enough.

They offered THB600 airport transfer, but because we want to go to Siam Niramit Theatre first, so we decided to get our own transport from the airport. Just an additional info, you can get a transport from the airport to any kind of hotels in Patong with only THB150/person (mini-bus and have to share with 10 people).

As we reached there, the staff really friendly. Oh forgot to mention, I ask them to arrange birthday cake and they grant it eventhough the staff ruined the surprise because she's asking whether I was the one that order the bday cake or not in front of my friend that having a bday. Hahaha.
They have 24h reception, so you don't need to worry about arriving on late at night.

The room is quite big. Eventhough it's quite smelly when we first open the door (it's just like the smell of old room. Probably because no one staying in that room for quite some time. But the smell is gone after we turn on the aircon for a couple minutes) They have a nice king size bed, cool aircon, a balcony, tv with lots of channel, fridge, and a bathroom with shower. The standard double bed room cost you THB600 per night, which is we think it's a really great deal.

They also offered a motorbike rent for only THB200 per day. Their location also really great. You can go to 7/11 for about 2minutes walk, Banzaan Fresh Market for about 3minutes walk (place where you can get variety of cheap delicious Thai foods at night), 5minutes walk to Jungceylon Shopping Mall and approx 10minutes walk to Bangla Road.

Tim, the owner, always around, so you always ask him if you need help because the staff sometimes didn't really understand when we speak in english.

They change the bed-sheet, towel, tissue, and everything in the room, everyday! Too bad they don't have any "don't disturb" sign for the door though. But overall it was a really nice place to stay. I definitely will stay there again just because I love their service and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor room, because they don't have elevator and it can be a little exhausting if yo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wellah H
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We only stayed here as where we were staying was full. Our room was probably the best we've had on this trip. Bathroom and bedroom clean and almost western quality which for the price and location is a surprise. Furniture and bed of good standard.
Mini bar if you want it, and downstairs breakfast (extra). Free PC and wifi.
Only "complaint" is no tea/coffe making in room. But really not a problem.
Bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front may be noisy. Ours was before we went to bed, but we still slept well
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RyanAndMel
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I spent 4 nights in this guesthouse in early September 11. Tim, the owner, w as helpful and knowledgeable, and looked after me well. The guesthouse was in a good central location and my room was much larger than I had anticipated. I know guesthouses and hotels in Thailand are low priced, but frankly what I was charged was absurdly low for the facilities that I had. Highly recommended. I will return....

Room Tip: Go for the high grade room. It's not much more and is very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Sam B
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The hotel is very nice and cosy. Tim is very helpful. The other staff are also very coordial. The property is very close to patong beach and bangla road but away from the noise and din of bangla beach. Patong beach is 10 min walk. Jungceylon a huge shopping complex is harly 500 meters. U get all sorts of shops including mcdonald. There are departmental stores vegetable shops near the property.

Only improvement required is to do away the smell which sometimes emanates from the staircase. Lots of cats inside the property

The bed sheets / towels were very clean and changed everyday. There is a computer at the reception where u can access internet free

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SUSHOVAN S
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Hello and thanks for reading my review. I always try to deliver a comprehensive review and spend quite some time when writing one, so in case you like my review, please do not hesitate to hit the “Review was useful” - button.
And whenever browsing reviews in TA, please make sure to primarily trust reputable reviewers who contribute regularly.
As usual, I took a lot of pics, so please check them out, according to the saying “a picture is word a thousand words”.

Why I decided to stay there:
this Mini-Hotel is inexpensive, relatively new, and in an area of Patong I didn't know yet, but near to Jungceylon. As I would arrive late in the evening and just needed a clean room and organize a few things the next day, I thought it would be ok for two nights.

The Facts:
this is one of numerous Mini-Hotels with around 20 rooms in what the call a “new development area”. It is a very narrow Soi behind the Jungceylon Shopping Complex and the Banzaan-Market (from which the Soi maybe got its name).
The Soi is VERY narrow and outright cramped, but in the same time sees a lot of traffic day and night. Makes it VERY noisy. Plus a lot of noise from several Bars opposite. The first night there was a screaming, shouting and yelling from females until at least 3 in the morning when I finally fell asleep. Plus a lot of noise from cars and particularly Motorbikes. The even more busy NANAI road is as well just a few meters away, so u were bombarded with noise from there too. my window and the balcony were towards the wall of the building next door just 4 Meters or so away (another Mini-Hotel), and unless you like to be watched doing silly things in your room, you would have to close the curtain at all times. The noise was much worse than when I stayed in the middle of the action in Patong at a very busy street with Bars two years ago.
The rooms are relatively new and the furniture is okay, no cheapo Plastic-junk.
Cleanliness not very good. Found PLENTY of long black hair everywhere on the floor, and even more after they cleaned my room the next morning. A lot of dust in the corners, behind the TV and so on. No “don't Disturb” - sign available, which is very annoying. Wonder why they can not spend another 20 Baht per room and buy such a thing, this is not a luxury. Annoying and embarrassing for both the guests and the housekeeping-staff, when the staff wants to enter the room to make it up, but do not know if the guest is still inside. Forget this place if u arrive with a car – there is no parking available. I was told I could park my car behind the building but there was actually no space. I then parked in front of a what I thought uninhabited concrete shack, only to find out the next morning that people lived inside that shack and I virtually blocked their entrance door. Not good. There was a fridge with not-so-cheap drinks (Singha Can 70 THB), but no price-list or a list what is stocked. NO free drinking water provided, I can not remember any other accommodation in Thailand I ever stayed in my life, where there was no free drinking water. The hotel has no elevator (I guess none of those numerous Mini-Hotels that all look the same in this Soi has one), which was not a problem for me, but is maybe bother others.
The drain in the Bathroom had no cover, which is certainly appreciated by roaches and other critters as an invitation to enter the room. I put the rubbish-bin on top of the drain to avoid unwanted guests from the world of sewers. Two out of five bulbs in my room did not work, I reported this to the owner when I saw him, hopefully they replaced it before the next guest checked in.
oh, the worst thing of all was the lousy mattress. You could feel every single spring, and it was like sleeping on raw eggs or a permanently moving jelly. They must have bought the cheapest thing available when they decorated their rooms only a few years ago.
There was no drain next to the open shower, so the water had to flow all the way to the drain under the sink, setting the entire long and narrow bathroom under water. Never seen similar anywhere in Asia.
The were a few good things too: TV had a lot of channels (but so do all hotels in Patong), there was free WIFI that had a good speed and, well, the room was cheap.
The owners were friendly albeit a little confused (they would have failed to charge the Minibar-consumption of my first night if I had not alerted them). They charge an extra 3% for payment via Credit-card, something I really HATE. If someone does not like payments to be made by credit-card, then just do not accept them. But if u do, stick to the rules and don't impose illegal fees.

Summary:
PLUS: inexpensive, relatively new, decent furniture for a budget hotel, free WiFi
MINUS: horrible mattress, very noisy environment until the wee-hours, cleanlyness “just okay” at best, no legal parking space nearby, several bulbs not working, no drain-cover to avoid roaches, and plenty of Mosquitos.

Would I stay there again:
Due to the noisy environment and the really horrible mattress, definitely not.
Plus there were quite some other issues. Patong offers a plethora of cheap and new budget-hotels. Easy to find something better for the same price. all those things mentioned were not major issues, but many small ones adding up too.

Oh, and once again: Please check my photos {~_~}

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank EurasiaVoyager
Reviewed January 5, 2011

A great no frills option for the centre of Patong without being on top of the worst excesses of the town! The rooms are clean and spacious and Tim, the English owner, is very helpful and a font of knowledge on the town and the island. The beaches, bars and restaurants are no more than 10 mins walk away and, although the hotel doesn't offer food, there are plenty of food options from breakfast to midnight feasts within minutes. Recommended if you want to stay in Patong and not pay a fortune!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple