“awsome”

Ranked #102 of 319 Hotels in Patong
El Nido, Philippines
“awsome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was very pleased with this place, the staff are great very helpful.
I would certainly recommend...It is just close to the Beach, actually perfect but not noisy.
We were a couple, but even if you are alone it is a good meeting point.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susan l

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Islamabad, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place is owned by a British expat Philips, who is very helpful, courteous, witty and a bit talkative :) He tries his level best to make stay of his guests very comfortable. His staff esp. Eric is a wonderful gentleman. Rooms and lobby are very neat and clean. Perfect location. Meters away from beach. Walking distance from Jungceylon, Bangla Road etc. Many nice shopping and eating places around. Although located centrally, yet tucked in a silent Soi. Excellent quality of sleep. Respond timely to emails and address all your queries well. He upgraded my room without any additional charges, and gave me his best room (the first one on first floor, next to the stairs). We (me & my wife) liked Phuket and extended our stay, & when we asked Philips for suggestion to spend our additional days in Patong or Kata, although he had rooms available, he gave his opinion in favor of Kat, so devoid himself of profit that he can make from us yet being honest and professional in terms of customer service (and we really liked Kata more than Patong). He lend his electric kettle to us as my wife carries her own brand of tea and tea powder. Complementary beach towels are available for guests. Giving 4 stars only because building is a bit old (but very well maintained) and during our stay clean water was not available in bathrooms (not his fault, as water pipes were being repaired by local authorities)

Room Tip: First room on first floor (superior) next to stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank accidentalsurgeon
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

A good overall place to stay if you really want to be on Patong beach - I was last here 25 years ago it is much changed and not for the better! The location is perfect location right near the beach, near the night life but not noisy. All the staff are very helpful and friendly and the free self service tea and coffee is provided in the lobby each morning, which is a nice touch. It represents excellent overall value for money, but you DO have to realise that you pay for what you get, there are no frills at this price - although wifi is included don’t expect sea view (or any view), a pool, and so on – go to a big chain and pay at least five time more it that’s what you want. If I were to go back to Patong I would definitely go back here, but I am not sure if I really want to do Patong again- it has lost its sense of Thai identify and is a massive tourist trap mainly for Russians and Arabs.

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker avoid the room on the first floor with no window, as the owner Philip acknow...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Frankston, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed several times and highly recommend this hotel. Staff great and very helpful.
Clean and tidy and super location.24 hour reception is a bonus as I found out.
A must stay location for me.
Close to all facilities and a very short stroll to the beach.
Solo traveller could not ask for better value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank steve c
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and we were very impressed by the hotel, especially considering how cheap it is! The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Great location, very close to the beach and nightlife, but not noisy at night. Room was big and very clean and the shower was great, good pressure and hot water :)

Very impressed overall. One annoying thing was that there is a parking building next to the hotel and the man working there likes to blow his whistle very loudly at about 7am. Not a big deal though, can definitely sleep through it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alix B
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked two nights here after reading about it on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The value for $$ paid is fantastic. The location is perfect- close to everything, but tucked away enough that it is not too loud at night. Phil and his staff were very,very friendly and helpful as we planned the next leg of our journey and had great suggestions for tours/trips etc. We booked for 2 nights and stayed for 3. Money very well spent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CJvan
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having been a frequent traveller to Asia over the last 15 years I generally stay in smaller hotels/B&B establishments. I usually shop around and try to find the best deal that I can as usually I'm booking rooms for between 5-10 people and I need to make sure that they enjoy there holiday as well as me.
I chose the Tatum firstly because Phil always responded to my queries in a timely manner (You have to keep it in mind that Thailand is 7 hours ahead of the UK)
Secondly because of it's location. I have previously stayed in this area but that particular Hotel/Guesthouse was more expensive) You have to remember that the days of 5* hotels for the price of a packet of cigarettes are long gone! To add further on the location I don't believe that you can get better. You have a great little restaurant just across the road. (See my other reviews) There is a 24 hour shop on the next corner that pretty much sells all your holiday essentials. You are 2 minutes from the beach and that includes a quick browse in the market stalls on the way. If you like an English Breakfast (I do after a few beers then try the 99 Baht one in the Irish Bar on the sea front. In the other direction from the hotel just before the Hard Rock Café there is a market and if you walk through it you will find about 30 smaller quieter bars which do bring some relief from Bangla Road.
Anyway, Phil sorted us out with our Limo that arrived as we left the airport with our bags. The transfer was good as was the check in. Phil explained about the hotel and we spoke to his staff. All of whom were friendly throughout. There are staff available 24 hours and the night porter always let me know who from my group was missing etc...
There were two little issues that had been resolved as soon as I mentioned them to Phil's staff and neither could have been planned for these were also resolved very quickly.
All our rooms were on the 3rd or 4th floor and were clean and large in fact mine was the smallest. One of them had a bed that looked about 8 foot wide!! Yes there is a list of dos and don'ts in the room but I would rather be forewarned than have a surprise halfway through my holiday. Not any of my party had to make any extra payments, nor were they asked to do so. Would I recommend the Tatum well I've booked another trip and a 10 night stay in November. If you want a 5* hotel then you can pay 5* prices. For me great value for money, cheerful and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends