“Instyle - Professional & Friendly”
Review of Instyle Fashion

Instyle Fashion
Ranked #3 of 77 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover affordable elegance in Phuket. Bespoke tailors since 1985. Branches in Patong Beach and Kata Beach.
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Before going on our recent trip to Phuket we researched tailors on the internet, knowing there were heaps of tailors in Phuket and went for Instyle. We were not dissappoinment, both suites we had made up are of fine workmanship and quailty material. We took our son's measurements with us off their website and some of the measurements were a bit out, but they did not have a problem with contacting our son back in Australia and asking him. Their service is very professional and friendly. They keep your measurments on file so I have no problem ordering from the internet.

1  Thank Hippy63
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed April 26, 2010

I did a lot of research (online, over the phone and in-person) before choosing a Phuket tailor. After I weeding through more than 20 tailors, I finally chose Instyle and my experience there was excellent. Here are some of the good points:

1) Manit is able to do bespoke quality tailoring for a very competitive fixed price (price is based off of the quality of material you choose). Not once did I get the feeling that I was being "sold" anything (his shop is off the main drag and is more or less "by appointment only", as he doesn't have any touts working for him and he is always busy with repeat clients). He does quality work and has very competitive prices.

2) I was very particular about the design of my suits, and Manit was able to meet my demands. For example, I wanted a 3-piece, single breasted, 100% worsted suit in the Zegna style with peak lapels, and I wanted exactly 2 buttons of the vest showing above the jacket. Manit worked over a number of fittings to make exactly what I wanted. The suits fit me like a glove and I get tons of positive comments. I estimate that I would have to pay at least 3 times what I paid at Instyle if I were to have the same suit made in the United States.

3) Manit is reliable and quick to respond over the email or if you call him. He works well with tight deadlines and when I had my clothes mailed to me in Japan, they arrived in perfect shape.

5 Stars!

Matt Ferry
Tokyo, Japan

Reviewed April 16, 2010

Knowing we only had 5 days in Phuket, my partner and I did some research beforehand to find a good quality tailor. Trip Advisor had very good reviews for Instyle Fashion and I was impressed by their website, so we decided to make contact with Manit to arrange a visit on our first day. I had been looking for good quality business shirts at a reasonable price for over 12 months (without luck) so I was determined to end the search with Instyle, while my partner was keen to get some business shirts and a cocktail dress made. Over the course of the 5 days, we had a number of fittings with Manit and his team, and they were fantastic to deal with. Despite the short timeframe to have the items made, Manit and his team did a wonderful job. The fabrics are of a good quality, the price is great, and the workmanship was very good. I highly recommend Instyle and highly recommend you make contact with Manit prior to your trip given his schedule. And if you go into the store, make sure you pat his beautiful dog :-)

1  Thank ExcitedOz
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I recently completed a 2 week trip to Asia and knew I wanted to get a custom suit and shirts made in Thailand while I was there. I used Trip Advisor and settled on InStyle ( I was in Karon and went to the sister company Niphon Rich ) based on the positive reviews and some communications with previous posters. I can say that my experience with Manit and his team was excellent and the suit and shirts that I had made turned out great. I would recommend InStyle tailor's without hesitation based on my experience so far..

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Was planning my holiday to Thailand, and so I was very excited about getting some custom shirts and suits made up, as I find it quite hard to get clothes that fit perfectly in Melbourne.

I did some research online before I flew over, and the general reviews for Manit at Instyle Fashions on TripAdvisor were very positive...which made my decision somewhat easy.

Now I understand why everyone else is so very happy with the services from Manit at Instyle.
*********The guy is sensational. ********

- The very personalised Customer service is FANTASTIC. Manit was amazingly helpful to pick styles, make suggestions and recommend fabrics.
- There are no pushy sales tactics. Everything is relaxed, slow and at your own pace. Nice.
- There is nobody there to try force you into the store, you can simply casually walk in without being hassled - this is a very big POSITIVE!
- Nothing was ever too difficult, they made alterations and tweaked things for me endlessly.
- The quality of the suits and shirts he made is 100% SPOT ON. The lining of my suit was immaculate, and the business shirts he made for me are now the best business shirts I own.

I now need to begin the task of throwing out my old "off the shelf" business shirts, and sending mail orders to Manit to make more shirts for me to replace them with. I cant wear my old shirts anymore after I took these puppies home. Yes - they are that good,

Dont look any further, save yourself the hassle and just go straight to Manit @ Intsyle fashions. His prices are slightly more expensive than most other tailors in Phuket, but the "slight premium" is well worth it. Its still dirt cheap when comparing to Australian prices.

I'd recommend contacting him through his website first to make an appointment as they seem to get quite busy. Apparently the good word travels fast on tripadvisor!

Cheers.