“Awesome Fittings, great quality material and friendly demeanor”
Review of Instyle Fashion

Instyle Fashion
Ranked #2 of 72 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover affordable elegance in Phuket. Bespoke tailors since 1985. Branches in Patong Beach and Kata Beach.
Mississauga, Canada
“Awesome Fittings, great quality material and friendly demeanor”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Manit from Instyle Fashions in Patong, Thailand visited Canada in the last week of July. My husband ordered 3pants and 4 shirts as the quality of material was very good. My daughter and son ordered 2pc suits. The following month when Niphon (Manit’s dad) came to Canada in August he brought all the clothes ready with him and that was really quick. The fittings were absolutely remarkable though I was a little apprehensive in the beginning as my children are very particular about the details in their clothing. To my surprise my daughter’s suit fitted her like a glove and not to mention my husband and son were thrilled with their fittings as well. Awesome job, well done guys you totally exceeded our expectations……….I wish you guys visited Canada more often. I highly recommend these guys and will keep on getting clothes made from them in future aswell.

Visited July 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Great service, good quality.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife & I ordered suits & shirts from Instyle. I'd heard they were good and they exceeded expectations. Manit gave good advice and great lengths were gone to ensure everything fit perfectly. All garments were ready in record time and the quality for the prices paid were fantastic. I have since put in more orders while Manit made a trip to Australia and will continue to do so. You can't beat the feel of suits & shirts that are made to measure.

Visited November 2011
Mellbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality not nearly as good as the reviews make out”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Its probably 18 months since I visited Instyle.

Firstly let me say that the service I got from the team there and Manit was first rate.

And the shirt I had made turned out well and has lasted fairly well although the fusing in the collar is starting to bubble. My only other dissapointment was that the buttons were plastic. For bespoke/MTM shirts I prefer mother of pearl buttons. Manit wasn''t able to supply these.

I wondered whether I should right this review. The guys at instyle are nice. And for the vast majority of their clientele the quality of their suits would be sufficient.

Most people don't know what goes into a good suit. Construction, styling, fit, fabric, finishing & acccessories.

here is a good primer for those new to this area:

Sadly Instyle lacked on most of these fronts. The fabrics on offer were not great. I wasn't shown anything from any suiting mills that I have heard of, and the hand of the fabric is not great when i compare it to the other suits in my wardrobe. The styling of the basic suit was pretty average. Boxy and not flattering. Partly this is my fault. I let them do their thing and didn't critique the styling. I have learnt a lot since I had the suit made by Instyle and have had a lot of suits made since then and they are much nicer. Unfortunately the suit I bought is also fused. I asked for a canvassed suit but I was told that this was a very unusual request and it would take several weeks to do as there was only one tailor on the island capable of this. That was a shame as I only had 2 weeks. The fit was also poor. Again, this falls partly to me, but I did let them do their work as expert tailors. Even while I was a bit of a newbie with suits at the time I could tell something was off and I had at east 3 or four fittings and only received my finished suit on the day I as leaving even though in my mind it still didn't feel right.

The buttons are also cheap plastic. For a bespoke suit you should definately be able to specify horn buttons but I was told they were not available.

And sadly in gerenral the sewing is not great. I can see through the seams in my jacket and pants.

So now this suit is going to goodwill. Its not a patch on anything else in my wardrobe, even though the price difference between this suit and the other high quality bespoke suits I have made is only a couple of hundred $

Sadly I wouldn't recommend Instlye for suits/pants.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank pasey
InStyleTailors, Owner at Instyle Fashion, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Pasey,

It comes as a surprise that it has taken you a full 18 months to write a review for us and that too being the only 1 you have given after recently signing up for tripadvisor. I do not want to state too much on this issue and will leave it up for our readers to decide for themselves on the genuineness of this review.

But I would like to mention a few points that you have brought up on this review.

Firstly with regards to our shirts, we do not use mother of pearl buttons as a standard, but the quality of our high grade MOP look alike buttons are second to none and similar button qualities can be seen on high end branded shirts selling for over 100USD. Our shirts start at only 35USD.We keep on trying to improve on our quality where possible and if MOP buttons become more readily available with a constant supply chain, we would definitely use them. Until then, we only use them on special request and charge extra for them.

Coming to our suits. We do offer a fully canvassed suit option, but like you have stated, it does take around 2 weeks or sometimes even more depending on our workload. I do not think it is possible to have a fully canvassed bespoke suit made anywhere in the world for any time less than at least 10 days. Since most of our clients are tourists visiting for a short period, this option does not work for them. All our suits that we are making on a daily basis are “half canvassed”. You have stated that the suit you brought from us is a fully fused suit. But since you seem to be so knowledgeable in regards to the suits fit and quality, I would suggest you have a tailor open our suits up and confirm this for yoursel. If you do have a jacket from us, you will be well surprised at the quality of the inner canvas and fusing.

Our standard suit making process requires 2-4 fittings Any reputable tailor would give no less than 2-3 fittings. In a few situations an additional fitting might be necessary but that depends on the individual’s body structure. The reason for the multiple fittings is to ensure that the suits are fitting like a glove by the time of delivery. We have a full refund policy at our store and if our clients are not happy with the fit on our clothes, we ourselves will not let them take delivery.
We have received so many thank you notes from our clients as they have received compliments at their workplace or family functions where our suits have stood out from the crowd on both the cut and stitching quality. Our suits have stood the test of time to such an extent that quite a few of our clients have met with us during our overseas trips but not ordered from us as the suits they have from us are still fitting and wearing well. This is not the best for our business, but at least we can proudly state that our suits are made to last.

Your profile on tripadvisor states that you are from Melbourne. If you are a genuine client of ours, you would have received multiple emails from us asking you for your feedback on the quality of our clothes and the service provided. You would also have received numerous emails from us regarding our visits to Melbourne. Since you state that you visited us 18 months back that would mean that we were in your city (Melbourne) on 2 separate occasions. in September 2011 and recently from the 30th September until the 3rd October. You could easily have been in touch with us and visited us when we were in Melbourne and stated your dissatisfaction with our clothes.

We take full accountability for our clothes, so for all our clients out there, if there is any issue with any of your garments, please feel free to contact us.

It is regretful that sometimes competitors have to stoop so low to ruin another’s reputation. But we are confident that if our readers read through all the bogus reviews, they will find the truth.

We welcome productive criticism by our genuine clients as it only helps us in improving our quality and service. However, this is not is a genuine review and we would request TripAdvisor to remove this bogus review and to carefully screen all future reviews before posting them.

Manit
Instyle Fashion
“Great workmanship and attention to detail”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I accompanied my sister in law to her grad dress fitting at instyle fashion in Patong - I decided to order a suit, but I had never had anything made for me before so didn't know what to expect. The jacket was completed within 24hrs and fit perfectly. The skirt was a little firm and so they took it back for altering. We were staying in Kamala beach and attending their store in Patong. I ordered another work jacket on the spot and they insisted on dropping my completed items to my hotel once completed after the shop closed (at 11pm!). When they arrived they insisted on one last fitting to be extra sure and offered to mail it home if it wasn't perfect. I bought 2 jackets and a skirt that fit perfectly. The workmanship is amazing and the staff friendly and eager to please. I plan to buy more in the future - they post to Australia. And my sister-in-law's ball gown? Absolutely stunning!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Amazing Quality and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was in Phuket towards the end of August this year and came across Instyle Fashion through Tripadvisor. I purchased a 100% wool 2-pant suit, pure cashmere sports coat, tweed sports coat and 8 shirts. I paid $1387.00 and although it was a bit more than I was expecting, the quality of material and service I received was definitely worth every cent. I took them to my drycleaners as soon as I got back to have them checked out as I've heard a lot of negatives from people who have bought suits overseas. She told me that about 1 in 5 seem to be of good quality. I picked the suits and jackets up 3 days later and she said they were the best she'd seen come out of Thailand. I had 5 fittings and all the little 'tweaks' I asked them to do were done perfectly and with no issue. I highly recommend these guys and will plan to go back next year just to buy more clothes!

Visited August 2012