“Outstanding value, great location...”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #109 of 328 Hotels in Patong
“Outstanding value, great location...”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

After reading all the reviews here, me and my wife decided to stay here for our Phuket trip. We opt for budget hotel because in the day we were busy joining numbers of island excursions.

Let me start with the owner, Dan. He was so helpful to us. Plus he is knowledgeable about things in Phuket; how to go about, tips and stuffs. It gave us a 'homey' feeling and turned out to be a great personalized service.

Check-in was a breeze.

Room was clean and cozy. We opt for seaview room. The room comes with balcony. Bathroom is clean. Got mini-fridge, safe box, CRT TV, and kettle heater. In the room, there was a booklet which filled with Phuket Do & Dont's and tips.

Location is a bit further from patong beach (about 15-20 mins walking). We prefer this location as it’s quieter from all the noise (pubs & bars) and yet still near. Got numbers of mini-bar shop along this hotel's road. 7-11 convenience shop also there. Got one small spa & massage (Leelawadee, can’t remember the spelling) which is cheap and good for messaging.

I gave them 4 star out 5 because the taxi they promised us didnt turned up. But its okay, as there is a lot of taxi at the airport, we just take any of them. No sweat.

It serves our purpose; to rest peacefully after all the island excursions and tours in the days but yet close enough to the Bangla Road action for nightlife activities. With great service, makes this hotel a great place to stay in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I made my reservation (room and airport pickup) directly on its website, no deposit required. You simply tell and they will arrange and confirm to you. My flight arrived at 11pm. The driver with the hotel staff were there at the exit. I was sent to the hotel after a 40 min ride. Up to check-in, hassle free.

Mine is a seaview room on 3rd floor. Upon entering, I was very satisfied. There is a balcony for each room. Views from my room open and good. Looking down is the swimming pool. Room spacious, quiet, ok clean, with kettle, safe, decor fine, TV channels plenty, bed big and comfy.

Host and staff friendly with a smile, generous and you can feel that you are treated like home. They won't see check-out time rigid nor demand you to pay anything upon check-in. With all the above, I would have given rating 5. But taking into account of the followings, I have deducted 2 points:

1. After taking my room, I had already noticed that the ceiling of the shower area looked peculiar. It's full of water stains and swelled largely. As it's midnight and I was so tired, I ignored it, took a shower and slept, and was going to tell the staff on the next day. I could hear water dripping sound before I fell asleep. At dawn, that part of ceiling collapsed and quite large debris spread on the floor. I wonder there is no one (staff or guests) noticing AND reporting the soaking ceiling which must have formed for quite some time. Thank god I was not inside the toilet when the ceiling fell. I was then arranged to move to another room on the ground floor.

2. The air con of my first room is rather noisy while the second room's is fine. And, personally I would prefer a hotel nearer to the actions, especially as I travelled alone, I had to walk in the dark for 25 mins from the beach.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank MissHK2009
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thanks for review, plumbing can develop a slow leak, and can go unnoticed.
I'm happy you stayed at kellys and not down where the action is, far far to noisy.
The 25 min walk in the dark from the beach, you should have called us, most do it in 12-15 min.
Service at kellys is free, the points deduction don't really match your review they are a bit contradictory.
Every thing thats to be known about kellys hotel is very clearly stated on our web site, like distance from beach, position relating to all facilitys, our service is free most hotels charge for it and not a patch on our's, star rating is how a room is built not service, the two should not be confused.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2011

ive been traveling to patong for the past 6 years and have stayed in many differant types of hotels from cheap dirty guesthouses to resorts on the beach and i can honestly say that i have found my home base when im in phuket, the staff were the best ive come across for example i had a flat tyre on my scooter, i told the owner and A the maintenance/general hand had sorted it out before i had finished my breakfast, rooms were always clean one day i slipped out for about an hour when i got back it was clean also on our last day we didnt fly out until 9pm so the owner let us have one of the rooms until 6pm when we left for no extra charge they can also organise just about anything you need just ask A, the hotel is quiet and set a few streets back from the action of bangla road yet close enough to walk it in about 10 minutes, all in all i had a great stay here and will definatley be back again, i would gladly recomend it to anyone

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Our stay was fairly long, with the collective amount of days exceeding 14

From the moment we arrived to leaving the hotel, the staff was very attentive and gave our group great advise on local attractions etc.

The hotel staff organised scooter transport for our group as well as day tours for local attractions. There was minimal effort on our behalf.

Special thanks to Dan and A, who gave our lot sound advise on the local happenings and things to avoid etc. The staff was also able to find my ring which was lost during the stay. And later posted it to me! Great!!

Definitely coming back next holiday season

melbourne
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Just got back from spending more than 2 weeks at Kelly’s Hotel. After reading all the reviews on Tipadvisor, I went with quiet high expectations, all of which were not only met but easily surpassed. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The hotel is located away from the noise, yet still within easy walking distance to all the action. All transfers were organised to and from the airport and if you ever wanted to organise a day trip – the guys will ensure you get the best rate available. What can’t be underestimated is the local knowledge provided by Dan and A, especially if it is your first time in Thailand. If you ever needed anything done, ‘A’ was your man, especially in the kitchen… 5 star service with our the price tag! When I come back to Patong there is only one place I will stay from now on.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed here for one night before flying out of Phuket, booked at the last minute as a result of seeing the reviews on tripadvisor.
The hotel was clean and felt safe (no mean feat for two girls alone in Phuket), the owner and staff were super friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect - a 5 minute walk to the beach and shopping etc, but far enough away to not hear all the noise when its time to sleep.
Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelstudent3
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2011

had a great time in kellys hotel with family it feels like home

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family