“good room,nice atmosphere”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #108 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We basically srayed here in almost 3 nights. The first thing was great environment,fresh air,this makes us feel very comfotable. The second thing was nice room with good amenities, good view, bathroom worked very nice,too.The manager was friendly enough and he helped for all of things.We would recommed this hotel for 2-3 days

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sorry it took so long to write this but just wanted to say me and 4 mates stayed for 7 nights in March taking two middle rooms and the combined penthouse. It was brilliant, great value for money, clean and comfortable rooms and a nice pool to cool off in. Dan your a great bloke and host, nothing was too much trouble. We've all been to Patong many times and Kelly's will definately be our new home base. Thanks again Dan and Tan and Ay see you all at Christmas. Mick

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked at Kelly's after reading reviews posted here. This place is run by a lovely couple Tan & Dan. To book a room all you need is to provide your flight details and everything from taxi to your tours are arranged. The best thing is the honesty of Dan, he is a real gentleman. He will share all his expert knowledge with you. The rooms are very clean. Its 20mins walk from Patong beach. This place is at the dead area of Patong away from all the noise , hustle and bustle. I recommend this place for those who just want peace. If you are on a budget trip there are other cheaper options available near Bangla street at half the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After another recent visit, a quick few words. You are mad if you dont stay here.
Everything you need and more. Took the suite this time. Great value, lots of room to relax and watch the passing day
Thanks Dan and Tan again
Neil Gerrans

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent stay! Prior to arrival everything was arranged with Tan via email. Room, Tours and Taxi from the airport to hotel. They even booked our tours in advanced by their own money and allow us to pay them on our arrival.
The taxi service was very convenient thinking it was our first time in Phuket and we know nothing about the place. so scams are avoided.

I lost my iphone, I was hopeless and can't remember where I've left it so my first night was a heartbreak </3. BUT! the next morning before we headed to our PhiPhi tour (w/ uncertainty) I approached Dan & Tan and told them that I left my iphone in the taxi. The couple helped me to contact the airport taxi service while me enjoying my non profited awesome tour. when we got back to the hotel in the afternoon..TADAAAH! they've managed to get my iphone back!!! Dan & Tan mended my broken heart <3..THANK YOU!
You can never have this service in any other hotel. if you lost your phone on a vacation its lost! no turning back. who cares! but this awesome couple they really have the heart to care for their guest.

Great room w/ a nice view, very comfortable bed, spacious, hair dyer is available at the reception you can request if you need one. On our first night we've noticed that the toilet seat was broken my boyfriend had some minor accident on that but we did not bring it up cause it's just a small issue. BUT on our return from our tour same day that I had the good news about my iphone we found that they replaced the seat with a new one and fixed it! Such an initiative! :) Good job Kelly's!

Location wise, it's very convenient, near to everything. Dan will provide you all the information for free! I have a stingy part on me. I don't want to take tuktuk and pay 200 baht for each travel. we actually saved a lot on transportation because we can walk everything from the hotel.

Price is more than reasonable given its location, service quality and their half priced tours available.

Again, thank you Dan & Tan for an awesome experience!

Travelled: May 24-28 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank apolslane
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi.

Thanks for the very kind review, phones are often left in Taxis so don't feel bad, the up side of us arrangeing taxis is not getting scammed and we can track things like phones left behind, we use same taxi for day tours ect, this brings about loyalty via lots of work, street taxis can be unreliable and not traceable.

Thanks again for review.

Tan.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first stop on a tour of Asia. The hotel owner himself (Dan) and wife Tan waited up to welcome me in despite my flight not landing until 2230. Very kind, they also organised a taxi driver who spoke english and was there waiting for me for the average price of a private taxi.

They both checked in with me each day (as i was alone) to ensure I was enjoying my trip and offer tips and advice. Such as the Banzaan Night market which has AMAZING thai food really cheap and a buzzing atmosphere. They also booked a tour for me to the James Bond Island which exceeded all my expectations for the price (half that advertised).

Finally on the last day they let me keep my room despite not departing until 3pm. Lounged by the pool having cleaned out my room, where the cleaner brings me my sunglasses I'd left in the room having fixed them for me! (I'd broken the arm off and lost the screw) but I'd put them in the bin so that was totally unexpected!

Ever want a midday chat, stop by Dan to hear about his latest book!

Overall, a lovely stay with much needed advice given from them both and a good hotel out of the madness but close enough you can join in!
PS the shower was brilliant!

Room Tip: I stayed on the fourth floor so didn't hear people coming in, which had beautiful views of the s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Hi.

Thanks for taking time out to write a very kind review, small family privately owned hotels are hands on, we own or buildings and have to work hard to maintain them, what you spend with us goes into maintaining the building it doesn't go to overseas stock markets, we are not leasees, and our selling points are how much better we are with rooms, knowledge, money saving information and service you do not get this elsewhere out of corporate hotels with big flash foyers and booking clerks that don't know what we know and we give to you for free, and they don't care it's not their hotel just a job, they are not owners.

Corporate owners are not on site to save you money, their main aim is to make money, we can't charge what they do, and no hope of getting it, but we are better, we don't have big budgets to throw at adds and glossy bits, we're approachable and go the extra yards to please, with out doubt we have a room quality above average and way above anyone in our price range, we're not beach front so can't charge anywhere near those prices, this makes us very good value with better quality rooms.

Kelly's hotel is Thai owned and staffed, there is no welfare in thailand so we have to make it work and that means passing on tour commissions to you.

Thanks again for your kind review, they are appreciated.

Thanks Tan.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't think of a bad word to say about Kelly's. I'm more of a review-reader than a review-writer, but I guess hotels more than anything rely on positive feedback from customers so I decided to write one. I have no problems whatsoever giving Kelly's a great review.

Service: Anything you want to know, you just ask. I haven't received a single bad piece of advice. I think this is because there's no hidden money-making agenda behind the feedback. Plus, the folks that own the hotel make an effort to find out what types of things guests are interested in, and tells them the best way to go about it.

Price: Check the website for rates and judge for yourself. I think it's more than reasonable given that its a really nice hotel in a great part of Phuket.

Location: Walk to anywhere in Patong. Jungceylon is 5 minutes, Nightlife is 10 minutes. It's on a main road so it wouldn't take longer than 60 seconds to get to a grocery store, pharmacy, bar etc.

Sleep Quality: My bed is really comfortable and it's quiet as a mouse in my room. There is no noise from the street or from within the hotel. Walls look quite thick and the air con works great.

Cleanliness: Nothing for hygiene freaks to worry about here. It's spotless everywhere.

Overall: I'm giving it 5 stars because it's really contributing towards a great trip and finding anything wrong would just be nitpicking. If you want to laze around the pool all day whilst being waited on by 120 staff, try one of the bigger resorts. But if you want somewhere that is practical and will really enhance your holiday, then give Kelly's a go. You will not be disappointed and if you're like me you would return here in a heartbeat.

Make sure you get to know the managers, they take a lot of pride in helping people get the most out of their trip and absolutely hate watching tourists get ripped off when all they needed to do was ask. Friendliest hotel ever. Thanks for everything guys!

Room Tip: The penthouse has a great bar and lounge area for those who fancy a drink in their room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bsmit30
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi Bsmit30.

Thanks for the great review, one thing is for sure owner operators where ever they are will always give you better value than anything corporate owned, and no we don't have the fluffy bits and don't charge for them either.
With out doubt value for money Kellys is hard to beat, our rooms are far better quality and for things like tours we give a lot more bang for your bucks.
When it comes to free information and money saving no one comes close.
We are small family owned businesses, if we disappear so will the competition, and up go the prices so thanks very much for your great review..

Thanks again.