Kelly's Residency
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$86
$56
$144
Hotels.com
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$116
$85
  • Breakfast included
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$74
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$118
$86
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
$142
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park(Patong)(Great Value!)
$89
Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$82
All reviewsbangla roadpatong beachshort walkhome away from homephi phi island tourtaxi servicethe hotel managerthe hustle and bustleairportphuketactioncupboardscooterthb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We picked this hotel based on the TripAdvisor ratings and the hotels website. We liked the concept of having a 'local' recommend how to get around and order excursions. The experience was nothing like the website promise. Dan did not give options or adequately explain what he did recommend. He repeatedly mentioned that he did not want to be there. We were not comfortable around him and changed hotels as soon as we could. There was no other English speaking staff around when we arrived.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank SEAPexplorer012
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Other people writing reviews are fooling people, really.

This is one of two review by this person about the same thing, I spoke to you on arrival straight off you asked a barrage of questions, and then you say I didn't give you any options on what I told you, I gave you everything I had, how can you mark rooms down and not stay, and how many options do I have to give, I do it for free and there was no pleasing you, you wanted to go sailing, go on a phi phi Island tour, go on a city tour, go to markets, go to James bond Island want to know all prices on everything and how much is a bus to markets, how much is a taxi, I gave you answers plus to all the questions that I knew, your here for two days and got the best I had on offer and there was no pleasing you, just a barrage of questions and mind changing wants, you could have found all the information in a folder but no you wanted my personal 10 star attention and got it, and the prices were given to you by the taxi girl, a half day tour 1-600 Baht and 600 Baht to markets and wait two hours was too expensive for you, and you argued with me because I said "about" 1-500 Baht for half day tour, the taxi wisely took off she had enough, you should have argued with her it’s her business I just make it easier for tourists to find things by bringing together tours and taxi’s I do this for free, and 99% of those people thank me for saving them money and time, so you can believe all the good reviews but not this one.

For you all the prices were too expensive, to quote you "I'm not used to paying those prices" but how would you know you have never been to Phuket before an no one has ever complained about prices everyone says to cheap, I agree, I'm fast running out of things to say so I shut up to avoid an argument, and when your kids starting telling me I'm drunk and insane and to top it off "your scaring us" all because I stopped giving any more information, they had it all, and the scary stuff language, now that scary, it is to me.

And your aggression with the old clichés "what is your problem" and I'm sexist and scary, all antagonistic stuff all because I ran out of information and stopped there was no use continuing, I told you if you wanted to find cheaper tours and taxis and buses to markets you might find them down the road in the small booths, you asked how much cheaper and I told you about half price and they have cheap hotels to, you replied you don't want us here, ha, with all the abuse and the conversation was out of control I said if you’re not happy and offered to drive you to another hotel, you declined and went from talking too much to the silent treatment, It was over I lost interest is right, I told them I’ve had enough there was no pleasing these people and abuse was over the top, I walked off and went home, and when I got home I was greeted by a barrage of the foulest email I have ever read and that's saying something, and for the record I don't drink and not drunk, Yes I'm insane to do the job, and more so to do it for free.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Value for money and location considered, this is amazing. Hospitality is amongst the warmest and friendliest experiences anywhere in the world. 5-7 minutes walk from the nightlife and shopping. 12 minute walk from the beach. Dan and Tan booked all my tours and transportation. They book you nothing but the best and most reliable. This is what hospitality should be.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank alwayssuperstylin
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hi Thanks for taking the time to write a review, warm and friendly begets warm and friendly, glad you appreciated the tours, it took us years to gather that information and to sort out the scams and dud tours, and no one can get off a plane and know what we know, that is fantastic value in itself, its quick and easy for everyone, most of our information came via guests like yourself, we sell our tours at the same price as we get them, and guest often tell us what others paid on the same tours on the same boat was 2-000 Baht more, with that type of saving you get your room at Kelly’s for free, people talk and this is where most of our customers come from, word of mouth.
Thanks again for review; good reviews help others find good value.
Thanks from Dan & Tan.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly, Except for the owner. When we arrived he began to immediately stereotype and talk slander. He presented himself as poorly behaved and sexist. We had no choice but to find another hotel immediately. If you decide to stay here I surely hope that you have a better experience.

I would not recommend this place to anyone due to the very poor customer service that the owner displayed.

Room Tip: Try to decide based on the propaganda that is advertised. It was obvious that the owner had a set predisposition against people who asks questions.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Jeremiah F
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

This person has written two reviews with two different adresses, one in texas USA, and one in Indonesia, just two different IPOs same person.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

nice hotel, friendly staff away from the hustle and bustle. Dan is helpful with local knowledge hes the man to book tours through which are reliable. Overall the place needs some work, touch ups, the photos must of been taken years ago.

Room Tip: pool side was good, quiet season.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Daneo R
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just back from a stay at Kelly’s Phuket Hotel in Patong and I would highly recommend it. This was my first visit to Thailand and Phuket and I feel Kelly’s was a perfect choice. As an American traveling to Thailand for the first time, receiving the benefit of Dan and Tan’s local knowledge was extremely helpful. We stayed in a JR Suite only because the big suite was booked. The room was very nice and the views amazing. We took Dan’s suggestions for things to do to heart and are very glad we did. I also enjoyed Dan’s cooking breakfast each morning and our morning conversations. If you are looking to stay in a very comfortable hotel with excellent service, I cannot recommend Kelly’s enough.

Room Tip: The view's from Kellys are wonderful. I liked being on the 4th floor for the breezes and views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple