“i still miss the Kelly's hotel....”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #108 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 27, 2012

AFTER so many years, i still miss the Kelly's hotel.

i been there in year 2009, now i still miss the hotel. is one of the best hotel i ever been. One of my favaourite one!!
During that time, the pool is closed for renovation.

the hotel staff is so nice and friendly...felt like home..

Next time.. if i plan to go PATHONG.. i will book the hotel in advanced...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Great to have you review again we need the support, and we need to have you back, love your review I couldn’t fault a thing, boxes all ticked that helps us. My type of guest and that deserves a beer.
Thanks from the crew.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My and my friend just stayed here for four nights and it lived up to the reviews. The rooms were very clean and I never felt like any of my belongings needed to be locked up. The location is great. You do have to walk to Bangla Road and the Beach but I would rather walk there than put up with the noise all night. The walk is short and the area is safe; again, not once did I feel uncomfortable at any point when I was within 5 miles of the hotel. Dan is a great guy, for an Aussie, and is a huge help when it comes to learning some of the local customs. He and Tham (SP?) can point you in the direction of a good tour, bar, or shop; and as a first timer to Thailand that was a huge help. There is no doubt that the next time I visit that wonderful city I will be staying at Kelly's. Thanks again for everything Dan.

Donny

Room Tip: We rented out the two penthouse rooms and they had great views and were very spacious. If it meets...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donny H

Thanks Donny H, A great review and your my type of guest well balances lots of common sense and easy to help, you’re the type of person that appreciates what we do for them, you’re the type of people we love to have back time and again, you enjoyed Phuket the way it’s supposed to be enjoyed, it’s so easy for us, and a short to the point review, not written by an amateur, much appreciated, Thanks again, Dan and Tan.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Thailand and I stayed at Kelly Hotel Jan 23-29 2012. I was meeting up with friends, who unfortunately left booking rooms too late and had to stay elsewhere, closer to Bangla Road. I was met at the airport late at night by the wonderful driver , Koice, which I had pre-arranged through the hotel. Koice was a most competent driver and I felt comfortable immediately. Coincidentally, Koice picked up my friends 3 days later and phoned me at Kelly's to tell me she had my friends in her car. This led to an easy connection with my friends, who subsequently complained about the noise at their hotel. Not the case at Kelly's. From the first morning, I felt welcomed into this "home". Dan and Tan exude warmth and hospitality. Well, Tan exudes warmth. I instantly connected with Dan. He is my kinda guy. Dan is open and honest and loves to talk about "real" people and life experiences. His many years in the hospitality field are evident. I miss my morning chats with Dan over his personally prepared breakfast. I stayed at several other hotels later on this trip that included "free" breakfast and they were worth exactly what I paid for them. I would rather pay for a decent meal than have cold eggs and warm bread for toast. Rooms were large and well maintained. The woman who took care of housekeeping was a delight, even though there was a language barrier. I enjoyed her warm smile and her lovely children. Regarding the walk to the mall, beach, Bangla Road. I walked it daily, often returning late at night. I never felt unsafe. Roads are lit and there is always some action going on. Although I did not partake of any of the hotel's organized tours, they were available and well done from comments I heard. Dan will fill you in on the "inside scoop" of Thailand, the culture and mores. This is a great hotel (more like a home) for like-minded people who want to experience an intimacy not provided at larger chains. I miss you Dan! This was the best introduction to Thailand I could possibly have had. I would return to Kelly in a heartbeat as long as Dan owns it.

Room Tip: I think most room locations are good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Beverly S

Hi It’s taken me a while to answer this review, I haven't forgotten you, but what can I say you covered everything about us, Kelly’s is our home we own it and have to look after it, your power of observation is outstanding, you and your friends know how to enjoy yourself, great fun for us and so easy to please, worldly wise and just what the doctor orders as guests go, great to have a natter to, a great start to the day, thanks for your great review, the great ones keep me in front of those impersonal money eating monoliths with the big foyers, time is so short and precious and I can only hope you can make the long journey back here again, I always miss the good people, and 90% of all people are good.
Thanks from Tan and Dan.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed in hotels a fair bit through out my life and i have never felt so comfortable and welcome until i stayed at Kelly's Hotel in Patong. Dan and his and his family are amazing and make you feel like you are staying at there house rather than a hotel which is just what i needed when i wanted to relax in phuket for 9 days.

I have also been reading through some of the reviews of Kelly's Hotel and would just like to say that although some may say Dan is rude he is fair from it in fact dan is the type of person who calls a spade a spade which is a quality that many people lack these days. If you were born with a silver spoon in your *#!! and are looking for somewhere to stay where you will have servants running around cleaning up after you and attending your every need then may i suggest you stay in new york or beverly hills as Kelly's Hotel in Patong is definitely not for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank matt s
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here with my sister in February 2012 for 7 nights. The hotel is in a good location (we walked to the beach and Bangla road every day since we're young and fairly fit, but I'm sure tuk tuk or taxi would be cheap too), and has very good amenities. We liked that we had a balcony and there was pool to relax by. Cleanliness is so important, and this place was of a very high standard. The owners and staff were friendly and it was easy to organise airport transfers. Definately recommend this for young couples and people travelling with friends. The only thing that could've improved the experience for us would be if we had free breakfast provided, as we payed a lot less for a room at some hotels in Thailand and got breakfast included, but this really wasn't a massive deal for us since there were plenty of choices around the area to eat

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jelena D
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Now that the post vacation blues are in full swing, I must recall my time at Kelly's Hotel. My friend (1st time in Thailand) and myself (2nd time) booked for 10 days based on the REAL reviews I read on Trip Advisor. So here is my contribution.
Tam arranged an airport pickup for us with all the info we needed "just in case". Everything went off without a hitch.
So we check in and Tam was there to tell us the deal with tuk-tuks, rooms etc so we were off and running,
The beds are very comfortable as advertised which is a pretty big deal if you've ever slept on a hard crappy one. The balconies were a nice touch to have a couple pops before "the Others" would show up at the poolside for our daily dose of shooting the breeze with the other guests and Dan, of course,
Coffee and breakfasts were great and plentiful and came with musings from the life and times of Dan himself. I am still laughing to myself when I think of it, My kinda guy for sure.
The family that stay on site and looked after our every need (including many, many runs to the beer cooler) were fantastic and even though there was a language barrier there, it didn't seem to matter. We couldn't dip our tie in the pool before one of the little ones would be off like a shot to get us a towel. We will miss them greatly as well.
I highly recommend this Hotel to those people with easy going personalities, who enjoy the company and kindness of others, I do not recommend this Hotel to those people who seem to enjoy there vacations nitpicking and whining about everything and anything that could puff up there own sense of self importance (as I have read in a couple of baseless, slanderish reviews I have read on trip advisor).
I would like to say to Kellys folks, keep up the good work, thanks for making our stay there unforgettable, and I hope to see you all again very soon.

Glen Deveaux (and Glenn Slade) from Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lilgeee
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Hi Glen & Glen.
Well-travelled easy going people that enjoy people are always a pleasure to have in Kelly’s, people like you love life and it shows, and you live it to the fullest, “and some”, that’s what life’s about a good balance, as you say who wants to listen to the wingers and moaners thankfully we don’t get many of those and I think the people that understand us and Kelly’s help keep them away, it’s the good people like yourselves that keep me doing the time and it’s the mixed bag of fun loving hotel guests that really get the best out of what’s on offer, that’s really what make Kelly’s amazing just people getting out and enjoying themselves, hope to see you again soon, you have make a hell of an effort to travel all the way from the ice and snow to have some fun in the sun, a feat in traveling.
Good luck and sincere thanks from Tan, Dan and the little ones.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I had stayed in Kelly's for 3 days in feb 2011. it was an amazing experience. it is a peaceful, quaint place run by a typical aussie Dan, who just charms you with his warm and friendly behavior..

the food, the room and everything about the hotel was simply fantastic..if you are looking for a nice, comfortable and affordable place, this hotel meets all the criteria.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnubhavTripathi
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thanks for kind review were please you liked Kellys, first time I've been called charming.

Thanks Dan.