“Wonderfull holiday with excellent accomodation”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #111 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wonderfull holiday with excellent accomodation”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I was in Phuket on holiday in Feb 2011, i stayed for a week in an hotel (wouldn’t mention name) which was ok. I then stayed at Kelly for another week, what a difference - personal attention, good advice and friendly staff and of course clean room which is probably the most import to me.

It might be a bit of a walk down to the beach but for someone like me that need to bit of exercise it’s a good thing - on the way down to the beach (prob 10 min walk) there is many shops/massage spots you can stop at to enjoy. The walk back is (15min) as its slightly uphill but again if you need a drink everything is around you so no need to go look for anything.

If you the "lazy" type you can rent a bike at the hotel or they will advise where you can find a bike at a very good cost. If you choose to take tuk tuk (200B) but as a single traveller i found a motorbike taxi is just as good and 1/2 the price (100B)

To Jon and mr A thank you for a very good time and all the advise - i will definitively come stay with you again.

Wishing you and your friendly staff all of the best for the year.

J

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thanks very much for kind review.
Kelly's hill is a natural life saving heart starter for cleansing the soul the morning after the night before, beats boring gym, Good for "pom poui".

My wish for you is a safe return back to Kellys Hotel..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Dan and family and "manuel" made kelly's hotel warm and very friendly we found the staff very helpful and relaxed the hotel is situated in a quiet hillside plot which is near enough to walk to the nightlife or the beach but far enough away not to here it. The rooms were spacious and very clean i would recommend this hotel to anybody (good value for money)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Thank you from "Manuel & Basil" for your excellent review, lol.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is a great place to stay. Your far enough away from Bangla Rd to have peace and quiet at night but close enough to walk downtown if you want to join in the madness. I had one of the Penthouse suites for 3 weeks and was very pleased with the room and the service provided by all the staff. Dan makes a great breakfast and has lots of helpful adviice on all things in Phuket.

Staying at Kellys really made for a very enjoyable and hassle free vacation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
KellysOwner, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
The taxi was waiting, they are based at the airport, every taxi email I send has all their phone Nos if there is any sort of mix up at airport just call them, the email states the driver is waiting at the exit of domestic or international, just outside the door with a kelly hotel sign and your name, sorry you missed them.
Seoul
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This hotel definetely exceeded our every expectation!

STAFF: Went above and beyond to help us out in any way possible. They were very friendly, we were allowed to pay when convenient for us, and they gave us great advice about places to go/see. Felt very "at home" here. My friend got into a motorbike accident, and the staff went with her to ensure that she didn't get ripped off when paying for repairs. Amazing service!

ROOM: Clean, modern, bright, large balcony, good view of pool, lots of channels on the TV, free coffee/tea facilities in room, mini-fridge, and free water.

LOCATION: Great! 1 minute from a 7eleven, and 5 mins from a delicious and cheap night food cart market, as well as the Jungceylon Shopping Mall, and Bangla road (the party strip). Couldn't have asked for a better spot as it was quiet at the hotel -- we couldn't hear any noise at night from the clubs.

You're crazy if you don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your excellent review, glad to be of help, part of the 10 star service.
Reviewed March 2, 2011

After reading all the reviews here, me and my wife decided to stay here for our Phuket trip. We opt for budget hotel because in the day we were busy joining numbers of island excursions.

Let me start with the owner, Dan. He was so helpful to us. Plus he is knowledgeable about things in Phuket; how to go about, tips and stuffs. It gave us a 'homey' feeling and turned out to be a great personalized service.

Check-in was a breeze.

Room was clean and cozy. We opt for seaview room. The room comes with balcony. Bathroom is clean. Got mini-fridge, safe box, CRT TV, and kettle heater. In the room, there was a booklet which filled with Phuket Do & Dont's and tips.

Location is a bit further from patong beach (about 15-20 mins walking). We prefer this location as it’s quieter from all the noise (pubs & bars) and yet still near. Got numbers of mini-bar shop along this hotel's road. 7-11 convenience shop also there. Got one small spa & massage (Leelawadee, can’t remember the spelling) which is cheap and good for messaging.

I gave them 4 star out 5 because the taxi they promised us didnt turned up. But its okay, as there is a lot of taxi at the airport, we just take any of them. No sweat.

It serves our purpose; to rest peacefully after all the island excursions and tours in the days but yet close enough to the Bangla Road action for nightlife activities. With great service, makes this hotel a great place to stay in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I made my reservation (room and airport pickup) directly on its website, no deposit required. You simply tell and they will arrange and confirm to you. My flight arrived at 11pm. The driver with the hotel staff were there at the exit. I was sent to the hotel after a 40 min ride. Up to check-in, hassle free.

Mine is a seaview room on 3rd floor. Upon entering, I was very satisfied. There is a balcony for each room. Views from my room open and good. Looking down is the swimming pool. Room spacious, quiet, ok clean, with kettle, safe, decor fine, TV channels plenty, bed big and comfy.

Host and staff friendly with a smile, generous and you can feel that you are treated like home. They won't see check-out time rigid nor demand you to pay anything upon check-in. With all the above, I would have given rating 5. But taking into account of the followings, I have deducted 2 points:

1. After taking my room, I had already noticed that the ceiling of the shower area looked peculiar. It's full of water stains and swelled largely. As it's midnight and I was so tired, I ignored it, took a shower and slept, and was going to tell the staff on the next day. I could hear water dripping sound before I fell asleep. At dawn, that part of ceiling collapsed and quite large debris spread on the floor. I wonder there is no one (staff or guests) noticing AND reporting the soaking ceiling which must have formed for quite some time. Thank god I was not inside the toilet when the ceiling fell. I was then arranged to move to another room on the ground floor.

2. The air con of my first room is rather noisy while the second room's is fine. And, personally I would prefer a hotel nearer to the actions, especially as I travelled alone, I had to walk in the dark for 25 mins from the beach.

2 Thank MissHK2009
Thanks for review, plumbing can develop a slow leak, and can go unnoticed.
I'm happy you stayed at kellys and not down where the action is, far far to noisy.
The 25 min walk in the dark from the beach, you should have called us, most do it in 12-15 min.
Service at kellys is free, the points deduction don't really match your review they are a bit contradictory.
Every thing thats to be known about kellys hotel is very clearly stated on our web site, like distance from beach, position relating to all facilitys, our service is free most hotels charge for it and not a patch on our's, star rating is how a room is built not service, the two should not be confused.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2011

ive been traveling to patong for the past 6 years and have stayed in many differant types of hotels from cheap dirty guesthouses to resorts on the beach and i can honestly say that i have found my home base when im in phuket, the staff were the best ive come across for example i had a flat tyre on my scooter, i told the owner and A the maintenance/general hand had sorted it out before i had finished my breakfast, rooms were always clean one day i slipped out for about an hour when i got back it was clean also on our last day we didnt fly out until 9pm so the owner let us have one of the rooms until 6pm when we left for no extra charge they can also organise just about anything you need just ask A, the hotel is quiet and set a few streets back from the action of bangla road yet close enough to walk it in about 10 minutes, all in all i had a great stay here and will definatley be back again, i would gladly recomend it to anyone

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends