“Open Water Course” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving

Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thailand Divers has been training new and experienced divers for over 10 years. Phuket is a fantastic place for new divers to take there PADI Open Water Diver course - learn to dive in 3 days. The dive centre is located on the West coast of Phuket - close by the best diving locations in Thailand. Scuba Diving Day Trips. PADI Diving courses. Liveaboards to the amazing Similan Islands - and much more.
Sydney, Australia
“Open Water Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Absolutely recommend Thailand Divers 100%. Could not of asked for a better place to start my scuba diving journey. Absolutely loved all the staff in the shop who were all very friendly people, who were nothing but patient and understanding. Would especially like to say a big thank you to my instructor Darren, who was in my opinion the best instructor. The whole course Darren was very instructive on all points of the knowledge base and helped work through all skills, very friendly and funny, kept me entertained the whole diving course and made the experience that much better. A++

Visited November 2013
ThailandDiving, Manager at Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hi Rhys, Thank you for your review.
We are always happy to get someone started with the diving journey, keep diving and we hope to see you back here sometime in the near future!

Patong, Thailand
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I got my open water and advanced open water through Thailand Divers in 2011 and it was great. The instructors were great, the boat had about 10-15 people on it depending on the day. I recommended them to any of my friends that were going to be in the area.

Fast forward to this year. I figured, I have had success in the past with these guys, might as well go there again.

I inquired about what it would take for me to become a dive master based on my current amount of diving. I was given my answer and signed up for the next class in the series. Only after I had paid $600 and started the classes did I find out that I didn't even have enough dives to start the next level of certification.

When I mentioned my frustration, I was met with blank stares and offered no recourse. In the end I did receive what I paid for, but I can't start on the next certification until I have a bunch more dives. Again I never would have gone that route had they been straight forward with me to begin with, I would have rather paid 600 bucks on 5 recreational dives, instead of being lead to believe I would be able to pursue a dive master course.

I do not believe I was purposely deceived, but I do believe there is a lot of scrambled miscommunication. This would be exactly what I would expect from a thai-owned dive shop, not from a westernized one.

That said, my instructor Michael was great.

Not a bad shop but the reasons why I loved it and chose it to begin with no longer apply.

2 years ago, I would have given a 5/5, hopefully they can turn it back around.

Visited November 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review.
We regret to hear about the miscommunication from the staff. This is not usual, and like discussed we offered a way to correct and complete the necessary dives to enroll with the Divemaster Course. For future reference, we encourage people to plan these Professional Level courses ahead of time and we can supply all information online to avoid any miscommunication with small things like this that could have a huge effect on your schedule.
Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I did a refresher course and a 3 dive day trip with a private guide - my instructor for both days was a very affable guy called Simon. I can't speak highly enough of these guys - everything went perfectly to plan. I booked via email which was very straightforward - all the options are priced seperately. I hadn't dived for 5 years so had the refresher course which was pitched at just the right level - we practiced the key skills 2 or 3 times until I was confident but it never became patronizing (I've got Advanced Open Water). Simon's explanations were always clear. The trip itself was on the best organised boats I've ever been on. More than enough food, toilets etc and the staff when out of their way to help you - proactively helping you get gear on, grabbing fins as you return to the boat etc. All in all highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review.
We are always happy to get you back in the water, hopefully you wont wait 5years again till the next one!
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Advance open water course and leisure diver one year later”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The experience was great! I did my advance open water diving course with them together with my friends in year 2012 and we went back for leisure diving in 2013. The instructors and dive masters are knowledgeable and friendly.

Visited February 2013
Hi Donny, Thank you for your review.
We look forward to see you back here again in the near future.
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“What more could i ask for?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Really, im far more than satisfied. I had speedy reply in my emails, great great people at the shop, my instructor was very very patient *cause i sucked big time*.

Although i wasn't picked up during my last 2 dives due to some miscommunication, they got me to get a cab and reimbursed me 100%, which was pricey cause my hotel got me the cab.. But most importantly was, they all waited till i got there, then we went to our destination.

Again, without them, i'd probably would have not gotten my diving license :)

Visited November 2013
Hi Magdeline, Thank you for your review.
Everyone needs to start somewhere and you did not suck at all! This is what we do, and we look forward to see you back here in the near future.