“Everything as expected - great!”

Thailand Divers - Phuket Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thailand Divers has been training new and experienced divers for over 10 years. Phuket is a fantastic place for new divers to take there PADI Open Water Diver course - learn to dive in 3 days. The dive centre is located on the West coast of Phuket - close by the best diving locations in Thailand. Scuba Diving Day Trips. PADI Diving courses. Liveaboards to the amazing Similan Islands - and much more.
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I booked my dives online with Damien and Charlie who were both very accommodating. I must have emailed them more than 10 times and they always responded promptly and clearly. My husband and I did our open water dives to finish up our referral program which we started in NYC. The dive master (Colin) was very nice and a good instructor. We completed all our skills and had plenty of time to enjoy diving as well. Will was also very nice and helpful. There were 3 dives per day and we saw plenty of beautiful marine life. The ship's crew took care of refilling the tanks after each dive and were very helpful when we were getting off and on the boat. The food (included in the price) prepared by the ship's cook was traditional Thai and DELICIOUS. The pickup and drop-off was professional and in a comfortable air conditioned van.
You might pay a little more than other places but it is well worth it.
HIGHLY RECCOMEND!!! A+

in 5 reviews
"briefing"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent day, great crew, very very good thai fod prepared by the ship's cook. Freedom to snorkel without interference from the crew. Timely pick up by comfortable minivan.
The instructors were helpful and friendly, sufficient briefing.
Overall a great day and a great service.

1  Thank charles v
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A group of four of us went scuba diving this past November. We went to the Thailand diver's office to set up an appointment. The people were very nice and explained everything. This was my first time diving and the drivers made me feel at ease. I had Oliver as my instructor and he gave me great one one one service, he even held my hand and pointed things out to me when we were under water. I would highly recommend this diving services. The whole experience was great.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have not dived in a while and the instructors at Thailand Divers make you feel comfortable and get your confidence back. In particular, I've dived with Oliver and Phil, and both were great. Our trip had a great instructor-to-diver ratio (only one or two divers per instructor); the trip was very relaxing and the food on board was plenty and very tasty. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were a group of 3 guys and this was the first time we were to do scuba diving. We were utterly disappointed with the experience.

We paid for Phi Phi islands dive trip, but in the last moment the location was changed and were taken to much closer spot. The reason was apparently bad weather, but we checked with a couple of other dive operators and they claimed that they had their Phi Phi islands dive trip that day as planned.

We communicated by mail with a person named Charlie. Once we made the advance payment, the terms offered changed. With each communication, we realized that we would be getting lesser than what we supposedly paid for. The communication was very poor and we got a lot less than we paid for by the end of it.

Our dive instructor, named Oliver, was extremely impatient and seemed to make us nervous every moment. For all the talk of PADI standards, we were taken to a spot where the water was choppy with strong undercurrents. Wonder whether PADI recommends this for first time divers!

All in all, it was a terrible day we had and we dint get to dive much either. It may be good for experienced divers, I can't possibly comment on that. But for beginners, this is the worst option. Waste of money, time and energy. Even if I am paid to go through this company I would reject it and rather have my time for other planned activities.

A lot of people might beg to differ based on what I see of the other reviews, but this is what my friends and I personally felt. And beware my friends, their commitments change by the mail exchanged, especially after making an advance payment.