“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #91 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stay 3 days for standard room in this hotel when check in they are updated my room to deluxe which got a nice balcony facing to main room. Modern design, big toilet, nice receptionist also near to patong beach. Love to stay and give me unforgettable will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
chokechai, Front Office Manager at Aspery Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Your review is highly appreciated and it is very valuable in our business for us to improve more and give our best.

Sincerely Yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2011

During my almost four weeks in Phuket I tried six different hotels at various locations which ranged from 3 star to 5 star accomodation. I stayed at the Aspery for 11 nights in late July and early August having extended my stay twice because I was very happy with the hotel overall. Lets be honest this is a very decent place for the money and it amazing to read the many petty complaints posted here - you want five star, unlock your wallet and pay for it and then you have the right to complain about the little stuff. It's clean, great location, good food, staff are friendly overall (yes some less so than others but culture comes into play sometimes), rooftop pool is great if you want a relaxing and quiet swim, free wifi, beach towels are supplied, modern rooms etc. Its all about perspective and at the price it's an incredible deal compared to most other regions of the world. Ok, ok...one complaint, hardest mattress of all the hotels so I asked for a bed liner which worked great. Hmmm...come to think of it most hotels beds in Asia have hard beds (one hotel in Ho Chi Minh was like sleeping on a piece of cardboard!) but I have figured this out to be a massive conspiracy to make you go and get a massage the next day :-). Over the past six months I have stayed in over 30 different hotels in different parts of Asia and for the money this place is great value and I am returning in late September with my three kids for 4 days - to them this place will be a gem as they look at the world through a much less critical eye than some of the sourpusses here that want perfection without having the portfolio...

Room Tip: Do not do the Phi Phi Island tour...massive dissapointment as it is incredibly busy everywhere - the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank David C

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 5 days. Location wise, no complains. 5 mins walk to the main area.

Check-in process was a breeze. Staffs' service is good and the reception area is cosy. We love the rooftop pool! (Though there wasn't a view of the beach.)

Room:
- Clean and spacious.
- Free wifi!
- The only issue I have is with the flies. Not major but irritating.

Breakfast:
- Good with a good variety of food.
- Cosy cafe to dine in but it gets a little too crowded.

Indeed a hidden gem! We would definitely stay in Aspery again if we visit Phuket again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
chokechai, Director of Sales at Aspery Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2015

Toronto
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked two nights at the Aspery to get over our jet lag after landing in Phuket. Upon arrival, we were brought to our room, which was clean and modern. The sliding door gave us a bit of trouble because it was broken and it took two of us to close the door.
The air con worked well, not noisy. The rooms smell a little musty but they seem clean. You get this smell in all tropical areas though.
The only complaint was that the lobby doesn't look as clean as in the pictures. There was clutter everywhere and it seemed really disorganized.
Location was good. Close to the action, but far enough that it was quiet at night.
I wouldn't come back here because Patong was horrible (dirty, gross, trashy), but the hotel room was a nice escape from all of that. We stayed on the first floor and we had wireless in room so that was good.

2 Thank Kurtchel
chokechai, Public Relations Manager at Aspery Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2015

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at the Aspery Hotel in July 2011 and found it a mixed bag, some good and some pretty bad.

I checked in having emailed in advance to check they had free wireless internet and no joiner fee. These are two pre-requisites very important to me and I will not compromise. On arrival I was asked to sign a piece of paper saying that any guests would incur a 500 baht joiner fee. When I questioned this I was told it was a new policy. I told the receptionist I disagreed with this charge as I had been informed in advance there was no joiner fee. I was basically told if I didn't like it then I could go elsewhere with no refund - I had paid in advance. If I am paying for a hotel room it is up to me who I invite and a joiner fee is a blatant rip-off on the part of the hotel.

On arrival in my room the wireless internet did not work. I called reception who basically said I had the wrong password. As it was an open port connection no password was required - quite simply, they were lying. They then told me work was being carried out on the network and it would be working in an hour. Two hours pssed and nothing. I went down to reception and told them the situation was unacceptable. After a long period of half-truths and lies it became apparent that the 5th floor had no wireless internet connection as it was not installed. The guy on reception called his boss and I was upgraded to a suite on the 2nd floor for no extra charge.

The suite was spacious and comfortable and the wireless internet was excellent. However, the air conditioning was next to useless and the room had a musty smell. I did tell reception but nothing was ever done. I had a small balcony overlooking the street outside. The TV had upwards of 100 channels mostly in Thai or other Asian countries. Western channels included BBC News and Fox News along with ESPN for sport.

The breakfast was excellent. It consisted of a large selection of fruit and cereals, hot Thai selection, fried rice, stir-fried vegetables, chicken, pork, beef, bread, croissants, hot coffee and tea, fruit juices and various egg dishes. Excellent food. Breakfast is open from around 6am until 10:30am.

There is a small desk in the foyer catering for excursions and also a small shop across the road catering for the same. Laundry in the shop across the road is 50 baht per kilo which is excellent value with a small surcharge for ironing.

Soi Bangla, the main drag in Patong is a 15 minute walk away or 50 baht on a motorbike taxi. The beach is only a 5 minute walk way from the hotel and there is a 7/11 and Family Mart within a couple of minutes walk.

I stayed for a week and on one night my excesses caught up with me so I decided to stay in the hotel for a quiet evening meal. I ordered some tomato soup with a cheese sandwich as a snack. I ended up with corn soup (tomato soup had run out) even though I hadn't ordered it. The cheese sandwich was just that, no garnish and reminiscent of the old British Rail fayre served years ago.

All in all Aspery Hotel is a mixed bag. Good in some parts, very bad in others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors are the ones with wireless internet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MrInfinity001
Elean62, Manager at Aspery Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We wish to thank you for staying at Aspery Hotel and for taking your time in writing your experience with us to fellow travellers. I have taken note of your feedback and have addressed it to the concern department. We strictly imposed a joiner fee for our guest protection. Thank you most sincerely for voicing your concerns as it is only through our valuable guests' comments can we properly improve our service. I am looking forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back at our lifestyle Aspery Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

The Management Team
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was in patong with my husband in februrii and we stayed in this hotel! I like very much the modern style in the room, the servis it was excellent and the stuff very friendly!!!!The location hotel is 5 min walk from baglla road!
I recommend !!!!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Tsardouba

Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Recently stayed here for two weeks and was very impressed with the facilities and service.
A smaller style hotel, but with all the attributes of a 4 star property.
The rooms were spacious, quiet and clean with great air-con and good breakfast each day.
The roof top pool is ample to enjoy the sun and cool down after a busy day of sightseeing.
Excellent value for money and close enough to be able to walk to the beach and Bangla Rd/Jungceylon shopping centre.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book online early!
1 Thank Rob P
chokechai, Guest Relations Manager at Aspery Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2015