“Cheap price & good location”

Mecca Beach Front Hotel Patong Phuket
Ranked #141 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 29, 2012

6 April 2011, 4 days i stayed at this hotel, the staff is very friendly..
room are clean n look new, not old hotel..
i paid 1100 baht for 1 night.. its ok for me because the location is close to the beach & about 400m to Bangla Road.. if u want more cheap, u can stay on May - August, only 650 baht..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adeeppurity

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked a Superior Double Room with Terrace via booking.com. Somehow I was offered a room without terrace upon checking-in. I went downstairs and "reminded" hotel staff of my booking- should be a room with terrace or balcony whatever. End up I got a room with windows. Those photos of Phuttasa might fool travelers. The room was basically clean but lack of maintenance. Lucky me, I didn't see any bug or cockroaches during my stay. The clean lady was nice and friendly. However, I don't think I will return to Phuttasa for my future visit. There are lots of guesthouse much better than this place, and with better price.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, please book a room with BALCONY.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sasha L
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have stayed two times at this place. Everything was changed with years.But I feel gladden, while i staying in this residence at my second time. Thanks about for "your even more than helpfulness services of residence". The duteous guys are working politely and friendly mind at their limited times. They couldn't speak very well English, very poor.But I would like to do one proud for their dutifully worked. They were make up rooms in everyday.And I can get ideas from reception what I wanted to do with my wish. I had stayed two more different residence in Patong,Phuket,Thailand. According to my guesstimate, some residence are too careless, mindless at working and quick to go angry .I really hated that.But this residence is take careful on customers, make sure for everything.The fantastic one in the Patong. I liked this one. I"ll back to you PHUTTASA RESIDENCE..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank tamous l
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We booked there based on the pictures and the location of this residence and some reviews we read before we travel to Patong. But we were VERY disappointed and I mean VERY!

The residence was owned by a Swedish man who has rented it out lately to two young british guys and they probably has done nothing to make it any better! probably it became worse!

We were supposed to stay there for 2 weeks. Once we arrived, we saw 2 girls trying to attract tourists by selling bucket of alcoholic drinks, having 24/7 open bar! while there were actually few guys at the bar and those 2 girls were the bartenders. They have barbeque in front of the entrance of the residence and the smoke were almost eveywhere in the hotel!

The guy at the reception talked to us with while smoking a cigarette! And he wanted us to pay him in advance and Cash!.. We have travelled a lot and we always pay once we check out and to pay in cash only was very strange! So finally we had no other choice but to pay in cash!
The building is totally outdated and there were dust and dirt in the stairs and mould in the bathroom.

The walls were thin and there was noise coming from the bar until too late in the morning and an other noise started in the morning from the constructions next door!...We couldn't sleep at night or even in the day!.. The balcony is full of dust, and very wet, the bed was stiff so were the pillows and the toilet was an other story, once we looked in the toiled we found a cigarette ash on the floor! a big cockroach walking around the shower! And the shower was cold and had very low pressure from the tap water, it was almost dripping!

We took pictures of this and showed it to one of the owners whose reply was so cold saying 'Oh, that's normal, there is nothing we can do with the cockroaches, they're everywhere here!'!!!! and the cigarette ash on the floor of the toilet ' that could happen too!'!!!

And guess what, the toilet was cleand only once in a week, they just changed the towels only, and even the towels were ripped and very worn.

We were shocked!

They don't have internet connection in the room like what they mentioned on their website! There is only one guy at the reception in the day and he sleeps in the sofa most of the time and doesn't speak well English.

It is totally overpriced comparing to other residences in the say soi (street) and by experience the other residences are even better than phuttasa.

We left after six days and moved to stay with some friends instead!

Never waste your money on this residence!

Room Tip: Don't stay there! it's a waste of money!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank TravellerMan72
Phuttasa, Manager at Mecca Beach Front Hotel Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Dear TravellerMan72, as of May 1/12, Phuttasa Residence is now under new management. I understand your concerns about the condition of the building and the bar that was set up. For your information, under the new management, renovations are now underway, and the bucket bar is not more. We are returning the accomodation to a comfortable hotel atmosphere with attention to customer service. We hope that if you are ever back in Patong, that you will come for a visit to see the changes we have made. Thank you for you review, it helped us to address the problems we have found when we took over. New Management

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at this place for 10 days. Much too long!! Chose this because of the ratings I read here. First they didn't get my reservation via booking.com. Although managed to give me a room. Room very small, whole Hotel dirty and untended. Price for this is much too high, in the same street are placed some more guesthouses, more tidy and kept up for less than 1/2 to 2/3 of Phuttasa. Chaotic young managers that ran away on dec. 31 2011. My luck was, that because of the chaos I didn't pay the rest of the daylight robbery charge! Dilapidated, old bathroom inventory, no real cleaning. Toilet seat lying on the floor! Nearly no water in shower. NEVER back! Intolerable! Noisy. Dirty. WiFi didn't work in the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Marc F

Dear Marc F.... As of May 1/2012, Phuttasa Residence is under new Management. Renovations are now underway. When we took over management, we found the condition of the hotel to be well below our standards. We hope that when your next in Patong, you will stop in to see how we have improved on the hotel and it's services. Thank you for your review, it helped us to address the issues that needed to be changed. New management.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

the whole experience at phuttasa and swedenglish was amazing! met some really awesome people and so many great memories. The room was cleaned daily and i had a balcony with a terrace! Downstairs there is a bar with an all you can eat bbq. I cant thank the staff enough.. each and everyone of them enhanced my experience!! will be seeing you all on my next trip to thailand!!

Room Tip: i stayed in one of the balcony rooms, very reasonable price for the view and i had a terrace which c...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2011

im staying on 4 level, woody smell of the room makes me giddy, no hot water, when tap is open to the fullest water pressure sometime can be small till dripping.... no hair dryer, no kettle, no complementary water, no breaskfast, no wifi in the room, when i open the window blind, i only see a piece of wall outside, room service done but things used was not top up eg. toilet papers. our friends room dont have hot water problem, some room have kettles, but no hair dryer. things in this hotel is not standardise. door lock is lousy, u dont need e keys also can open.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jerry Botakq S
Alex K, Manager at Mecca Beach Front Hotel Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

We do not advertise that we provide hairdryers, due to the lifestyle that most patrons lead in Phuket, for example late nights and late mornings we advise on check in that the guests use the cleaning sign on the door if they require room service. Rooms are available to cleaned daily at the guests request.

All rooms have hot water, however considering we are a small boutique hotel problems may occur with the maintenance of the rooms and they are fixed as soon as possible.

Regarding the view, we have smaller rooms at the back of the hotel for guests on a lower budget. We do also have larger balcony suites with views, all depending on budget.

We do have free wifi and two computers in the lounge area available for use 24 hours a day at no cost to the guest. On the top level of the hotel the signal can sometimes be affected by the weather.. a problem that we cannot control.

We apologise to Mr Jerry if he was not 100% satisfied with his stay at Phuttasa and we would happily welcome him for a complimentary night to try and change his opinion on our hotel.

Regards,