“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tiger Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
Tiger Inn Hotel
Ranked #123 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We didnt book this online and arrived and found the price that they wanted a reception was more than it was online. So we went on there wifi and booked online saving us some money, however this took forever to process. the staff were very patient and let us up to our room after paying a deposit and we sorted out the booking in the morning. I definatly recommned you book online first. The room was really nice with a huge bed and everything else you would expect. It is a 2 second walk to the nightlife, the nightlife itself is the worst in and most expensive in Thailand. If your not a middle aged man trying to get with a young Thai lady or ladyboy then its not for you. I was very disapointed and disgusted by nightlife. I do not recommend Patong to anyone unless your are looking to pay for sex with Thai girl!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachtag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Convenient location: close to the Patong Beach, all the restaurants and bars. All within 10 minutes of a walk. You're not at the beach, but it's close enough. If you're staying in Patong, you're not there for the resorty type feel anyway.

Price: Good value for a convenient location and if staying by yourself. Don't expect all the nice amenities, but there's free wifi in the hotel room.

Service: Don't really need it if you just want a place to sleep. They speak some English.

Room: only the shower/bathtub was weird. The bathroom is sizable and so is the hotel room itself. Don't expect a nice flatscreen tv. There's free bottled water in a big sized fridge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I didn't stay at the hotel so cannot comment on the hotel. I did eat at the restaurant though & I found the food quite good, I think it is served with the traveller in mind rather than being authentic Thai ( I only ordered the Tahi food )

While the food was good it was nothing special & I have had far better for far less money. I didn't like the service in the restaurant, it took me quite a while to get the waitress / waiter's attention when I wanted a drink on 3 occasions & I was shocked when I ordered a Gin & Tonic from the bar to be told "we have Gin but no Tonic" what type of bar is this???

The Tiger Inn Restaurant isn't somewhere I'd suggest people visit when in Patong. The service isn't good, the food is nothing special & I couldn't even get a Gin & Tonic from the bar!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

If you're looking for just a room to sleep in then this is perfect. The price is cheap, the rooms are clean, the staff are friendly (and English speaking) and this is a great location for the beach and shops. I would stay here again if I returned to Patong. The ground floor is also a very popular restaurant with live entertainment each night and serves great food!

The rooms are huge and decorated with a safari theme. The maids clean daily and leave extras like shampoos and clean towels. We stayed in a 4 star hotel (Royal Paradise) just down the road and actually thought higher of this hotel in comparison.

The only improvement I could recommend would be the internet floor that looks like it's under-going construction. Clean it up and the place would be perfect!

For the price this is a bargain!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C47TER
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

*Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see it clearly but at least you'll get a good view of Patong.

They have a bath tub and good, cold air condition.

It's a good location for those places you need to go. Late night massage / bangla road / bars / mall / yummy seafood restaurants.

The elevator makes me a bit claustrophobic. Maybe because it is warm / minimal ventillation. But it's alright since I'm at the 3rd floor.

If you need big western foods, you can buy at the restaurant in the first floor. But for the rest, try the Seafood shops nearby :) Eat at the No.8 shop in the Seafood market.

Enjoy Phuket.

*stayed in Sept 2010. Apparently my review was posted on the other tiger inn hotel listing.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see the street itself but at least you'll ge...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank zattaboy
Yarm, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Booked this hotel via Agoda......8 nights for £320 for a Superior room.

During these 8 nights, my air con leaked flooding the floor, the power to my room failed on 5 different occasions resulting in numerous trips to the reception from the 4th floor which got tiresome!

To top it all, I had no water on my last night, reported it to reception, was told it would be back on in 15 mins....its never came on!!

Also the TV picture quality is poor and the WI FI connection is so sloooow and frustrating!

The only saving grace is that the staff are friendly but that in itself didn't salvage my stay - never again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 77SAJ
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

We just returned from Phuket and we stayed in Tiger Inn for a night before heading to Mission Hills for Golf.

I booked the hotel based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and true to all the reviews, the place is awesome! We were given a huge room and we totally love it!! Everything in there is fantatsic, the staffs, the room, the bed, the location! 5mins to Junceylon and Bangla Road. Nothing can beat this with their good price.

The only downside is the hotel is above a restaurant and there is live band playing at night. Am curious why no one mentioned about the noise of the band before. Not that it bothers me, I slept throughout the night without any disturbance but I do hear 'base' and can 'feel' the beat of the band before I dozed off. No, you wont hear songs and music at all. So, seriously, it is really fine for me. But for my friends who are light sleepers, it actually bothers them. So if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. Other than that, this place rocks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends