“Sam's steakhouse at the Holiday inn resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sam's Steaks and Grill

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #1 of 548 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
“Sam's steakhouse at the Holiday inn resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is probably the best steakhouse in Patong,the food is excellent and is a bit upmarket,if any person has a meal there they will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear "Norman C"

Thank you for sharing your wonderful and very kind review! I am really pleased that you have had such an enjoyable experience dining with us and we hope to see you back again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chester, United Kingdom
“Favourite meal of the holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Dined here with my boyfriend in July 2013 and can remember the evening like it was yesterday it was so lovely. My boyfriend and I had soup for a starter, the flavours were delicious. The scallops for my main meal were perfectly cooked, as was my boyfriend's steak. The portion sizes were just right, not too nuevo-cuisine but also not overfacing. The palette cleansers were delicious and the chocolate pot with the steam coming from it at the end of the meal was a great touch. The restaurant interior was lovely and the staff were very attentive, equivalent to the kind of service you would receive from a good restaurant in England, which we noticed was hard to come by in Thailand given the laid-back attitude of many places! I don't think I would ever return to Patong again but if I did, this would be the number 1 restaurant I would visit! Thanks for a great memory.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joanne C
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear "Joanne C"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted that this has really been a highlight of your visit to Phuket! Your description of your meal is wonderful and I will certainly share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team. If you do ever decide to visit Phuket again, we really look forward to welcoming you back to Sam's!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com
“Consistently good, one of the very best in Patong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times over the last three or four years and the service and food has been consistently good. I would recommend booking as there seems to be a steady stream of people being turned away at the door. For a resort hotel, I think the dress-code is a little stiff. Sure you don't want to be eating next to people wearing bathing costumes and singlets, but I think flip-flops/thongs are OK. Special mention to Pla-Dook, a lady who has been at Sam's for some time, and provides excellent service

Visited January 2014
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear "Blackwatchtower"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review which, as a many times returning guest, is especially valuable! I am delighted that the staff, especially Ms. Pla-Dook, has taken such good care of you and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team.

With regards the dress code, you are right that in a resort location this needs to have the right balance of formal and informal, however we do feel it is appropriate not to allow beach-wear, including thongs. However, from this week, we will have shoes and socks available in the restaurant so we will hopefully be able to keep even more guests happy and satisfied moving forward!

Darwin, Australia
“My favourite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Have had dinner at Sam's many times over the years - the food and service has consistently been very good. I go for the Steak - usually have the USDA Tenderloin - a quality steak cooked perfectly. Also a big fan of their Ceasar Salad, prepared to your liking at the table - excellent.

Friends have had various other dishes from the menu and they are all good.

My one gripe in the past has been the lack of dress standard - so very happy to hear that neat casual is now required.

Food and service of this quality does come at a price though.

My best wishes to Panom, Chai and the other staff - will see you in March...

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear "Ian K"

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am pleased that Panom and his team continue to take such good care of you when you visit. Your comments on the high quality of the food are very much appreciated and I am really pleased to see that our decision to reinforce a dress standard is well received! WE look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place - great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I've just visited Sam's and i'm pleased. It's almost like leaving Thailand for a few hours - it's a more European atmosphere.

The food was overall good. I had the foie gras terrine for starter. The fig and little perl onions complimented the dish very good - the foie gras was a bit "boring" in taste.

Then I had the "beef and reef" - filet and lobster. The lobster was cooked by the table, and i enjoyed the extra entertainment. The lobster was very good - spiced with curry. The steak was cooked perfectly - i'm pretty sure it was cooked sous vide. The homecooked fries was ok - but they weren't as crispy as I would do them. Too much starch and moist trapped in them. I'm not sure that I would serve the two dishes together - but they were each tasteful. The bearnaise though was totally off. I was not surpriced that they didn't master that, but it was homemade and that I give credit for.

For dessert I had creme brulee.... THAT WAS AWESOME. It was really good!

The wine menu wasn't that exciting. The wine was not up to standard when having a restaurant that makes that much of an effort to be "fine dining".

Overall I enjoyed celebrating my 25th birthday at Sam's, and comparing it to the standards of Thailand (Patong in specific) it was alright!

• Visited January 2014
Dear "devett"

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and constructive feedback with us. I am, of course, pleased that overall your dining experience has been very positive and that in particular you have enjoyed the quality of the beef & reef and your creme brulee. Your further comments with regards the foie gras, the hand-cut chips and the wine list are very well received and these are certainly points I will discuss further with the manager and his team. WE do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!