“Earns it's No1 Status!”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #1 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
“Earns it's No1 Status!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A group of 3 of us ate here twice whilst in Patong just before Christmas. We chose here based on its no1 spot, and it by far & away exceeded our expectations. For the first visit we all had a starter then Fillet Steak for main & the second visit we shared a 600g Chateaubriand. We Would go as far to say it was nothing short of outstanding. The service is also impeccable and for 875 baht for a Fillet Steak with a sauce & 2 sides is more than reasonable. Sams Steaks & Grill is a must!

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear "Suttley"

Thank you for your "outstanding" review and I am delighted that you have enjoyed such a memorable dining experience with us. Your comments with regards the very highest standards of food quality and service are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team. We do hope you will have the oportunity to visit again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast, QLD
“It's a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

if you speak to any ex pats in Patong they will tell you that you MUST try a meal at Sams Steak house and they are right, when it comes to good steak in Phuket, this is the place to be, but not only do they serve steak, we had the french onion broth with fresh bread and also crepe suzette made right in front of us at our table...this is fine dining at it's best with the prices of home, so don't expect cheap, I think it worked out to be about $80 per head, but if you want to treat yourself whilst in Phuket, it's a must!

Visited January 2014
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear "HelenStilly"

Thank you for sharing another wonderful review, in addition to that already posted for our Charm Thai restaurant. Your feedback on both the quality and the variety of the food at Sam's is very much appreciated and I will certainly share your review with the manager, Panom, and his team. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Aarhus, Denmark
“Always the best restaurant in Phuket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Back again in Phuket we went to Sam's, and were not disappointed.
Fantastic welcome, kind and professional staff, great food and I just love the attention for details.
The restaurant itself is very elegant but at the same time easy going and you feel at home.
Small surprises as appetizer, sorbet between starter and main course and to close delicious ice cream and all complimentary.
We usually stay in Phuket two month and go to Sam's two-three times a week. I must say, that it
is very difficult to find a restaurant where the service and quality is always perfect.
If you want to try Sam's, and you should go, it would be a good idea to make a reservation because always fully booked.

• Visited January 2014
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear "Lisbeth V"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback which, as a many times returning guest, is especially valuable! I am delighted to read that Sam's continues to delight and that you have found the service and the food to be so consistent and of such a high standard. I will certainly share your review with the manager, Panom, and his team and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Muntadgin
“Excellent food as usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I'd been to Sam's a couple of years ago and totally loved my experience. When I finally got my family to come to Thailand wewe decided we have our daughters 20th birthday dinner there. She was thrilled with her dinner there. Our meal probably averaged out at $50 a head for a 2 course meal and because it was her birthday they had made her a small cake, with candles (a lovely gesture). There is no way you would eat out in Australia, with that service and quality of food, for under $100 a head. I have given it a rating of 4/5 only because when I booked we we're told there was a dress code of good casual and collared shirts for men, and previously our male guests we're given collared shirts when they turned up in nice t–shirts, and we saw several guests turn up in jeans and t–shirts. I made a point of telling my husband and kids to pack something nice for dinner.The food an service are amazing. I would definitely recommend it as a must do when visiting Patong.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bron1968
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear "bron1968"

Thank you for sharing your very kind and positive review and I am delighted that you have had another wonderful dining experience in Sam's. I fully appreciate your comments with regards the dress code and this is something that we have recently started to enforce again more rigorously. For some time the dress code had lapsed completely, however we now strictly enforce a code of "smart casual" which does not allow flip-flops, any form of beach wear, any sports wear, sport "colours" or baseball caps. Currently, jeans are still permitted, but we aware that the atmosphere of this restaurant is critical to the overall experience of our individual diners and we will continue to work in this direction for the greater satisfaction of all of our guests. We do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!

Jeju, South Korea
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We live in South Korea now and hadn't had good American food in some time. Based on the Trip Advisor reviews we gave it a try. Very elegant, quiet restaurant with impeccable service! It was nice to get away from the crowds and noise and listen to beautiful music. Chai, our server, had a wonderful sense of humor and was always near by when we needed something. I did tease him about pouring my husband's water and not my tonic water and he took it well. He made our visit very enjoyable! We both had beef stroganoff which was amazing, and we shared a salad, which was as close to a Greek salad as we'd had since leaving the states. I highly recommend Sam's Steaks and I hope you are lucky enough to get Chai as a server!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ERDocsMom
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear "ERDocsMom"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "great" review! I am delighted that you have had such an enjoyable dining experience and that the team, especially Chai, have taken such good care of you! Your further feedback on the overall atmosphere, the quality of the food and the service is greatly appreciated and we hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon!