“Nice staff”

Ranked #2 of 550 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Phuket, Thailand
“Nice staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

When you think about a steakhouse, you don’t usually associate them to a fine dining experience. Tucked away near Holiday Inn Patong’s lobby area, Sam’s Steak & Grill is an exception to the rule, with décor, service and menu which can easily be compared to some of Europe’s top fine dining restaurants.

• Visited July 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear "AU_PHUKETINDEX"

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind and positive feedback with us and I am delighted that your visit to Sam's has met and exceeded your expectations! I will certainly share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
“Wow”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Came here for dinner with a small party of 3.

First of all will say that the decor and ambience rivals anything I've experienced in Perth when it comes to fine dining. Wait staff extremely professional from the get-go.

Huge selection of wines if you're into that, I'm not but hey its there if you want it.

We ordered 3 mains, beef and pork and they were phenomenal in taste and presentation, we also ordered 3 desserts, 2 crem brulees and a chocolate sponge with marshmallow which were to die for as well. Finished off with a couple of glasses of xo, perfect.

Once the meal was over they bought out a small glass set-up with dry ince which caused mist to cascade out over the table and inside contained 3 ice cream lollipops, in a seperate glass of course. Magic way to finish off a fantastic meal.

All up cost 150 aud but well worth it, you woudn't eat here everyday so its an excellent treat. Would not bring children here, more mature clientele. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Morgan J
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear "Morgan J"

Thank you for your "WOW" review! I am delighted that your first visit to Sam's has been so memorable for all the right reasons and your feedback with regards the ambiance, the quality of the food and the service from our wonderful team is all very well received, thank you. I will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon for another great dining experience!

Holiday Inn resort Phuket
Los Angeles, California
“My first trip to Heaven”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the immense pleasure to eat at Sam's last night with my friends. We all had an amazing time. We tried several appetizers like the Ceviche, Shrimp Cocktail and Ceasar's Salad (dressed at the table). All of them were really excellent. Fresh, tasty and the presentation was just beautiful.

As of the main course goes...it was just Heaven. The Chateaubriand with Bearnaise or Gorgonzola sauce was out of this world, tender, juicy and big enough. The sides dishes like spinach, mashed potatoes and gratin were breathtaking. The service is superb as all the waiters are very attentive and pleasant. Always a nice smile whenever they come to your table.
The decor and atmosphere is really perfect for a night out in Patong. I really love that place and as I come to Phuket twice a year, I will make sure to stop at Sam's each time I feel to eat a good piece of beef.
Congratulations to everyone there. It's an amazing team running this restaurant and everyone is doing his part just perfectly! Thank you for this amazing moment in Patong!

Visited October 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear "tzara"

Thank you for your "heavenly" review! I am genuinely pleased that you have had such a memorable and enjoyable dining experience at Sam's and that the staff have delivered such attentive service. Your feedback with regards the quality of the food, the excellent presentation and the general ambiance of the restaurant is very much appreciated and I will be sure to share all of your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team. We look forward to seeing you all back again on your next visit to Patong!

Bielsk Podlaski, Poland
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ate there only once and it was one of the best places in the area, but we decided to try other places as well, not that I think about it I wish we would have eaten there at least three times. The place is great and the food is great as well. The stake and side dishes were delicious, the medium rare stake just melts in your mouth. The restaurant is conveniently located. A pleasant atmosphere. Prices are not low, but they match the quality. I liked it, if you have the chance give it a try, everyone who likes a good stake will love this place.

• Visited September 2013
Dear "Carrie S"

Thank you for sharing your "great" review! I am delighted that you have had such a great dining experience at Sam's and that the service and the quality of the food have exceeded your expectations. We hope you will have the chance to visit again!

Launceston, Australia
“Fantastic Food - A great night out!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Everything about Sam's Steakhouse is excellent, from the decor of the restaurant, the friendly professional staff, the silver service and the quality of the food and wine is outstanding. A must for at least one night's dining on your holiday! I go everytime I am lucky enough to be in Patong!!

• Visited October 2013
Dear "shazpeta"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "FANTASTIC" review! It is especially great to note that as a returning guest we continue to meet and exceed your expectations and I will certainly share all of your feedback with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team. In the meantime, we do hope to see you back again soon!