“Sensational Steak”

Ranked #1 of 565 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Sensational Steak”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sams was a great dining experiance, tucked away in the holiday inn complex patong. Must book for a table. We took our son who eats an adult meal especially his steak. It was mouthwatering and the wine list is very extensive whith plenty of choice from all over the world. Very pricy but worth spending :)

Visited July 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear "Sharon H"

Thank you for your "sensational review"! I am really pleased that you and your family have all enjoyed your dining experience and that you really appreciate the value for the quality of food and service we provide. We hope you will have the opportunity to dine with us again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Best steak on the island”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I booked a stay at The Resort I was looking forward to a great quality meal at Sam's. I was not disappointed, the meat was excellent and even though my original order was overcooked it was replaced quickly and with no fuss.
Shame about the 10% service charge which leaves one far less inclined to directly tip the staff on duty at the time.
All that said, would highly recommend this restaurant for a posh night out in Phuket (and there's not many of them!)

Visited October 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear "Daniel R"

Thank you for your excellent review! I am delighted that you have found the steak to be "the best" and that the team have taken such good care of you. I do understand that some of our guests have some concerns with regards the service charge, but this is standard practice in Phuket and I can assure you that, within our hotel, 100% of this service charge goes directly to the team and the hotel does not benefit directly in any way from this.

We hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!

USA
“Certainly Recommended!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We didn't know we needed reservations, and walked in off the street, but they seated us (at a decent table, to boot!) and we proceeded to enjoy a delicious dinner. I had surf n turf - the lobster wasnt the best I've had, but the steak was delicious. My wife had 9and shared) the rack lamb, which was possibly the star of the meal. The appetizers were delicious, well conceived, and well presented, and they served a light gelato between the appetizer and main courses to clear the palate - nice touch! They also served a 1/2 carafe of wine, which, since my wife doesnt drink wine, was well received! Next time, the only thing I would change is - I'd call ahead!

Dear "Klang01"

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and I am delighted that the staff has taken such good care of you! Your comments with regards the quality and presentation of the food, as well as the service, are very well received and I will be sure to share with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team!

We do hope to see you back again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic - one of the best steaks ever”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a gem and I would strongly recommend it for a special occasion or even for a business meeting when you want to clinch a deal (not sure many biz meetings take place in Patong, but hey, what do I know).

The restaurant is only open for dinner (at least that's the impression I got). We received a warm welcome even though we were dressed in beach wear - there were others who were in dinner casuals - and we were treated just the same. Quickly guided to a seat the people tending to us were very courteous without being sychophantic.

The menu is perfect, offers 6-8 types of steaks and then some seafood, pastas etc. The appetizers looked very appetizing, but I'm a frugal eater so couldn't justify a foie gras + a Wagyu and hence opted for the Wagyu (9 marbling). My wife being vegetarian wasn't too happy with my choice of restaurant and settled for onion rings (well, she's sweet enough to accompany). The steward was kind enough to advice that the slab I'd opted for would be fatty and recommended a wine sauce to go along. I opted for some sauteed potatoes & creamy spinach too which are part of the meal.

After the orders were placed, we were served some warm bread and a fresh chicken spring roll compliments of the house. The steak was ready in no time and boy, it sure was one of the best pieces of meat I've eaten, especially coming from S'pore where the prices are sky high and service mediocre at best. The meat was exactly how I like it, medium done, not too burnt on the outside, pink and tender on the inside, not chewy or tough at all. The juices were still visible on the steak and the sauce didn't overpower the taste of the steak. The potatoes and creamy spinach weren't the best I've eaten, but hey, that didn't matter, the piece of meat was all that I wanted! Thankfully I hadn't over-ordered as I couldn't even finish my steak! But that's no reflection of its quality, just my appetite.

To top it up we were offered complimentary desserts of a chocolate coated mint ice-cream lollypop which was presented beautifully. So even though we ordered just 1 steak (yes it was the most expensive on the menu) and onion rings we still received the same service offered to others who had polished off bottles of wine and loads more food. FANTASTIC.

I will certainly visit Sam's every time that I am Phuket. Blown away.

• Visited October 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear "Traveleator"

Thank you for taking the time to share such comprehensive and positive feedback with us. I am really delighted that Sam's has truly lived up to its reputation as the top steakhouse in Phuket and has delivered such a wonderful experience on every level. Your comments with regards the quality of the food, the helpful and knowledgeable staff and the overall ambiance are all very gratefully received and I will be sure to share with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

Yes, you are correct that we are only open for dinner and we do hope to see you back again soon. As reservation is normally advised, please feel free to contact me directly by email (as below) and I will be happy to assist in making the arrangements for your next visit.

Perth, Australia
“Top class food/restaurant !!!! Great staff!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Thanks once again to trip advisor the food was great and the service was also. Had steak and the scallops and prawns for entree top notch. Would recommend to any one .

• Visited October 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear "Tbag75"

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am very pleased that we have lived up to our reputation on TripAdvisor and have exceeded your expectations! We look forward to seeing you back again soon and, in the meantime, I will share your comments with the team at Sam's