“classiest place in phuket”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #2 of 553 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“classiest place in phuket”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

if u are looking for a classy place after getting bored with the local food, this is the perfect place.

service, ambience, design are all 1st class...the food is good, price is not too expensive.

a great place, makes me want to come back to phuket and try staying in holiday inn too :)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Caleb L
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear "Caleb L"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased that you have had enjoyed such a "classy" experience at Sam's! Your feedback on the quality of the food, the overall ambiance and the service from the team is all gratefully received and I will be sure to share with the manager, Panom, and his team. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
“If you love steaks, this restaurant could be worth the visit”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I usually avoid hotel restaurants but because I have stayed so many times at Holiday Inn, I thought that this time I have to try this restaurant at least once, because it has had so many good reviews here in Trip Advisor. The restaurant also looks very charming with nice decoration.

OK, first of all I have to admit that the starting point was not most promising to this visit: I don’t almost ever eat steak. But because this is really a steak restaurant, I didn’t even consider eating for example fish which they also offer. As opposed to me, my partner loves having a good steak so we did have very different expectations for this visit.

Our dinner with Wagyu Rib Eye and a “normal” steak (which they prepared for me as like “butterfly”) was good. It wasn’t anything mind-blowing, but still very good, as well as different side dishes we ate. We ordered a few of them and shared those as we do almost every time. (This way you can taste more different options.)

Perhaps the best part of dinner was dessert, crepes: very nice and fresh flavors. And if you decide to drink some Irish Coffee, prepare yourself to see a spectacular show when they prepared the drink next to your table. Never seen anything like that with Irish Coffee!

If you love steaks, this restaurant could be worth the visit.

• Visited March 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear "MaddeP"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased to read that we have lived up to our reputation and reviews on TripAdvisor! It is especially good to note that you have enjoyed a little theater with the crepes Suzette prepared at your table and the drama of our wonderful Irish coffees. I do hope you will have the chance to visit again soon!

Paralowie, South Australia, Australia
“You have to go”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

WOW. This had to be the best meal we had whilst in Phuket. Yes it is expensive by Phuket standards but it is 5 start in every way.
3 of us had steaks and they were cooked to perfection. The 4th person had the lamb shank and that just pulled apart and melted in her mouth.
The restaurant gives you some little taste testing things. The first was sort of like a soft spring roll filled with a crab filling and that was really good. Then to freshen the palette they brought out a tasting of orange sorbet. I thought it tasted more like mandarin but still beautiful. After desert we were given an after dinner mint ice cream ball. It was a minty ball of ice cream dipped in chocolate. I didn't eat mine because I honestly couldn't fit it in without making myself physically ill. Everyone else said it was amazing. The way they serve it was gob smacking too. There was a bowl of water with dried icein it with another bowl sittiing in that and the ice cream ball was in that bowl. The dry ice was smoking and leaking out between the 2 bowls and looked amazing.
For desert I had the creme brulee. The custard was nice and creamy and the toffee on top had a beautiful bitterness to it. Everyone else had the choc marshmallow fondant which they all loved.
If you can afford to go to only 1 great restaurant whilst on your holiday then make it Sam's at the Holiday Inn.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rebecca H
Dear "Rebecca H"

Thank you for your very kind and detailed review and I am delighted that you have had such an amazing "5 star" experience with us at Sam's! It is wonderful that everyone i your group has found the food to be of such a high standard at every course and I am pleased that you have appreciated all of the little extras we offer.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!

Jalandhar, India
“Live up to expectations”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sam's Steakhouse, Patong famous for serving excellent steaks lived up to our expectations. As it was totally sold out for weekend we had to book a table for the next day. Staff was very interactive and helpful. Four of us ordered different dishes and we enjoyed our dinner a lot. Will definitely return and would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear "ssamra"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am delighted that we have met and exceeded your expectations! It is great to note that you have all enjoyed the food so much and have been so well looked after by the staff. We hope you will have the chance to visit again soon!

Sligo, Ireland
“Amazing food and service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went here on our last night in Phuket for a treat and we were not disappointed. From the start we were highly impressed by the level of service and sheer attention to detail. The location is beautiful and we felt nicely tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Patong. Not alone were our steaks exquisitely cooked but we were also lavished with little extra touches such as fresh bread, sorbet and chocolate. Dining here was an experience neither of us are likely to forget and it really exceeded our expectations in every way. Not to be missed and worth every baht!

Visited June 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear "Caroline R"

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind and positive feedback with us. Your comments on the quality of food, the service from the staff and the generally high level of attention to detail are all very well received and I will be sure to share your review with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!