“Definitely a place to eat good steak”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #1 of 566 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Singapore, Singapore
“Definitely a place to eat good steak”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there at 7pm and was instantly seated by the waiting staff. The place was not crowded and we didn't have reservations. The staff were very friendly and if you require suggestions for your palate, they will be more than happy to help.

The foie gras (approx 500 Baht) was done very well, not chewy nor too mushy. The flavors burst into your mouth upon slowly sinking your teeth in.

The Wellington (approx 1500 Baht) was very good, beef done medium rare and the pastry covering the beef was buttery and delicious.

Overall, a very good meal in Sam's Steakhouse, and I will definitely go back for more.

Visited July 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear "Noel C"

Thank you for your very kind praise and feedback. It is very good to note that you have enjoyed not only the food, but also the service from our great staff, and I will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Not a fine dinning establishment, Visit 23 July 2013”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I went here and the service was horrible. The staff paid little attention to my fiancé and me we has to wait over 20 minutes just to receive water, the food took way to long to bring to the table and thy cooked both steaks wrong. When confronted they said the service is this way because they can't serve alcohol today. I have eaten at many restaurants in Bangkok which are much busier and never had service like this. We only are the incorrectly cooked steaks as we didn't want to wait all night for a new meal. So if your looking for a fine dinning experience I would recommend not coming here.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Law8044
Dear "LD8044"

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your feedback. I am really very sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience and that we have failed to deliver on so many levels.

As you can see from our 200+ reviews, your experience is very much the exception rather than the rule, and I can assure you that we have taken your feedback as a welcome and serious opportunity to reflect on our service.

TripAdvisor policy prohibits me from making any offer of compensation directly on the site but I am positive that should you decide to dine with us again that you would have a most enjoyable and wonderful experience and I would appreciate greatly if you could contact me in this regard at my email morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

I do hope we have the opportunity to meet and that you will give good consideration to a return visit.

Canberra, Australia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was delicious, and the service very good. We went for my wife's birthday and we were pleasantly surprised by the attention and free cake with candles. This restaurant is as good as any I have been to. It may charge more than other restaurants in the area though in my view is worth it. Highly recommended for a special night out.

Visited July 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear "ChrisGuy280454"

Thank you for sharing your "excellent" and detailed review, I am really delighted that you have had such a positive experience with us in Sam's! It is especially good to note that your birthday celebration was well recognized and celebrated by the team and we hope to see you both back again soon!

Perth, Australia
“best 18th birthday!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wow wow wow! What an amazing place to celebrate service was A grade food was inspiring it just kept coming with little surprises, every thing cooked to perfection and they made sure the birthday boy was well attended to!

Visited June 2013
Dear "heathbb"

Thanks for ANOTHER "wow wow wow" review and it is great to note that your experience at Sam's has been every bit as memorable and enjoyable as the rest of your stay in the hotel. Looking forward to seeing you all back next year for more!

Perth, Australia
“Fantastic decor, fantastic food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Loved the décor, such a lovely change from the drab restaurants in the Patong area. Service was quick. Friendly staff. Didn't know about dress code, but they didn't turn us away. Would go back again.

Visited July 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear "Lee L"

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am very pleased that you have had a great dining experience at Sam's! Your comments on the decor and the high standard of service from our friendly staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team.

We hope to see you back again soon!