“Hidden gem in Patong!”

Ranked #1 of 670 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here we decided to visit the restaurant as it was really close to our hotel. I'm really glad we did!

The restaurant is that touch of class that is needed from the hectic Patong scene. We were welcomed by the front if house staff and seated and then given menus. Once we had ordered of meals some 'amuse bouche' sorbet and breads were served to the table- delicious!

For the mains we ordered the chateaubriand for two, this was delivered on a serving trolley and cut in front of us- nothing like a bit if food theatre!

The service- amazing!

Food- great quality, perfect presentation

Value for money- not the cheapest meal, but you get what you pay for.

We wanted something special and we definitely had a special meal to remember. I recommend a visit if you're fancying some international foods. Enjoy!

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear "Kris D"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it is wonderful to note that you have had such an enjoyable experience. I am happy to read that the food, service and overall ambiance lived up to our excellent reputation and that everything was to your satisfaction.

We hope to see you back again soon at Sam's!

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Thank you Sam's Steakhouse for a truly exceptional meal! My husband and I booked a babysitter and decided to try this restaurant on a whim, am so glad we did!

The atmosphere was gorgeous, the staff were warm, professional and attentive and the food unbelievable!

Our steaks were perfect, the sides and sauces spot on! I loved the appetiser and the amazing ice cream pops were so clever and tasty!

I am surprised by the comments people make about how expensive it is. We thought it very reasonably priced for the standard and style of dining.

Our only regret is that it was our last night here and we won't be able to eat here again!

1  Thank Alison K

Dear "Alison K"

Thank you for your very kind review and positive recommendation of Sam's! I am really pleased that you have enjoyed such a wonderful dining experience with us and your comments with regards the quality of the food, the great service and the overall value of the experience are very much appreciated. We hope you will have the chance to dine with us again during your next visit!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fantastic service throughout the evening: staff ratio about three per diner, all charming. Wine list eye-wateringly expensive (who thought you could be served Jacob's Creek as if it were a Morgon?). Steaks and seafood both excellent and fairly priced. You are only reminded where you are, by the number of tattoos on your fellow diners. Air conditioning set to Ice Age levels, but all in all, my best dinner in Phuket so far.

1  Thank JON475
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear "JON457"

Thank you for your great review and very positive recommendation! I am delighted that you have enjoyed your dining experience at Sam's so much and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team! Your comments with regards the charming and attentive service and the quality of the food are very well received, thank you.

We do try to keep our wine prices as reasonable as possible, but with combined import and duty on wines in Thailand at almost 400% it has to be expected that prices will be higher than in the production countries. Your feedback on the temperature is well noted and I will investigate this further with our Chief Engineer.

I hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon for another memorable evening!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

All four of us were happy with our food. Steaks cooked the way we ordered, tender and juicy. Staff very attentive and taking care the kids as well. Great wine menu and desserts. A little more expensive than street restaurants but you pay for quality.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear "Jason L"

Thank you for your review and your very positive feedback. It is great to note that the team have taken care of you and your family so attentively and that you have enjoyed the steaks, the desserts, the wine list and the overall experience so much. I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you all back again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good:
-10% off because I was a Holiday Inn guest.
-Excellent reservation, I emailed & immediately received a reply!
-Offers a good wine list.
-Has the best oysters in Phuket, as appetizers.

Bad:
-Lighting maybe too dim, bad when taking photos inside the restaurant.
-The salad I ordered was not impressive.
-Beef was too big a portion for 1 person, I should have shared it among 2 people instead.

1  Thank singlish_sg

Dear "singlish_sg"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind review with us and I am very pleased to read that not only have the team taken very good care of you, but you have enjoyed your overall experience and, in particular, our oysters!

Your comments with regards the lighting and the overly generous portion sizes are well received, thank you, and I will be happy to review the salad selection with the chef when we next change the menu (every 2 months).

In the meantime, I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!