“Best Restaurant I have ever been to”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #3 of 652 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn resort in November 2012 and decided on one night to treat ourselves to a meal at Sam's Steakhouse. I do not know how to describe how nice this whole experience was. The staff were friendly, the food was delicious, the setting was amazing! Costs slightly more than nearby eateries but the food is so nice it is well worth the price. We have dined in quite a few fancy restaurants in Australia and Sam's Steakhouse would have to be my favourite restaurant I have ever been to. Our meals were perfect and although I was full, when i saw another diner getting dessert i just had to get one myself. I was so happy with that choice :-) Our visit to Sam's was supposed to be a treat for one night but it was so nice we couldn't resist and just had to go back a second night. And when we have another holiday to Phuket one day, we will definitely be going back to Sam's again

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear "Brad H"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased that Sam's has provided such an enjoyable and memorable experience for you. All of your comments with regards the ambiance, the food and especially the staff are very gratefully received and I will be sure to share your review with the manager, Panom, and his team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sam's when you are next in Patong!

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner there after our first tablebooking ever in Thailand. A really popular resturant placed inside the Holliday inn Hotel. The food was great, one of my best meals ever. The service was fantastic even tough we brougth two small kids who was everything but calm.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear "Frida H"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that you and your family have been so well looked after by the manager, Panom and his team. We hope to see you all back again soon at Sam's!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn resort Patong many times now but for some reason never got around to eating at Sams Steakhouse until we were recommended the place this time around.
WOW!! I cannot believe what we have been missing out on!
The place itself is elegant and peaceful. Situated just behind the hustle and bustle of beach road.
The staff here have lovely smiles on their faces and go out of their way to make your night a perfect one.
The food was absolutely tremendous.
The steak was soft and tender and full of taste. Like nothing we have ever had before. The choice of sides and sauces was fantastic.
The Caesar salad that they prepare in front of you at your table was something I'd never experienced before either.
You also receive small complimentary dishes between your courses which were super delicious and unexpected.
Portions were perfect sizes.

All in all a top class restaurant with top food and most importantly superior customer service.

Thank you all at Sams Steakhouse!!!

Dear "BohemianBeauty"

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind and positive feedback with us. I am really pleased to read that not only did you enjoy the food and the ambiance of the restaurant, but that the team have looked after you so well. I will make sure to share your comments with the manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon at Sam's!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are a young couple travelling around Thailand for a couple of weeks now. As we wrapped up our trip, we decided to stay in Patong for a couple of days to see what the hype was all about. We came across Sam's Steakhouse looking for the best rated restaurant in Patong through TA.

Pros:
The service was up there with the best we have received throughout our travels. The staff was friendly, helpful and overall, excellent.

The food was delicious, I had the steak and my girlfriend had a beef & reef. Unfortunately, the beef & reef dish was smaller in portions than expected, the steak I had ordered was of decent portion size per price paid.

The atmosphere was relaxing yet sophisticated as the restaurant has an incredible layout with nice chandeliers and fancy set-up. The jazz music playing made it feel like a restaurant back in the US with a New York to Chicago vibe.

Cons:
Despite the hype through TA, the restaurant did meet the expectations albeit a bit overpriced for the portions. Bear in mind, the quality of the meats and the way it was cooked was outstanding, therefore, the tradeoff comes from quality not quantity when dining here.

Altogether, the place is worth a visit, especially if you are looking for a break from your everyday Thai cuisine and happen to be in Patong. They did, afterall, gave us complimentary sorbet & dessert as well as an initial appetiser offering of steak. Junior, the waiter & the manager were both extremely friendly and made sure everything was going well during our dinner.

Dear "Keg0313"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of Sam's and I am pleased that overall you have had an enjoyable experience. Your comments with regards the atmosphere of the restaurant, the quality of the food and, especially, the service from our staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team. Your remark about the portion sizes is very well received, thank you, and I will look into this further with Panom and the Chef.

I do hope we will see you back again at Sam's!

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is very good. Food presentation is superb. Wine selection is good. Food is tasty. Staff is not that enthusiastic, bit cool and work like a machine.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear "Tom S"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that overall you had a good dining experience at Sam's. Your feedback on the food, wine selection and atmosphere in the restaurant is very much appreciated, and I will follow up with the manager, Panom, with regards delivering a more engaging service.

We hope to see you back again soon at Sam's!

Holiday Inn Resort Phguket