“Great for a break from Thai cuisine”

Sam's Steaks and Grill
Ranked #1 of 583 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are a young couple travelling around Thailand for a couple of weeks now. As we wrapped up our trip, we decided to stay in Patong for a couple of days to see what the hype was all about. We came across Sam's Steakhouse looking for the best rated restaurant in Patong through TA.

Pros:
The service was up there with the best we have received throughout our travels. The staff was friendly, helpful and overall, excellent.

The food was delicious, I had the steak and my girlfriend had a beef & reef. Unfortunately, the beef & reef dish was smaller in portions than expected, the steak I had ordered was of decent portion size per price paid.

The atmosphere was relaxing yet sophisticated as the restaurant has an incredible layout with nice chandeliers and fancy set-up. The jazz music playing made it feel like a restaurant back in the US with a New York to Chicago vibe.

Cons:
Despite the hype through TA, the restaurant did meet the expectations albeit a bit overpriced for the portions. Bear in mind, the quality of the meats and the way it was cooked was outstanding, therefore, the tradeoff comes from quality not quantity when dining here.

Altogether, the place is worth a visit, especially if you are looking for a break from your everyday Thai cuisine and happen to be in Patong. They did, afterall, gave us complimentary sorbet & dessert as well as an initial appetiser offering of steak. Junior, the waiter & the manager were both extremely friendly and made sure everything was going well during our dinner.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear "Keg0313"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of Sam's and I am pleased that overall you have had an enjoyable experience. Your comments with regards the atmosphere of the restaurant, the quality of the food and, especially, the service from our staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the manager, Panom, and his team. Your remark about the portion sizes is very well received, thank you, and I will look into this further with Panom and the Chef.

I do hope we will see you back again at Sam's!

There are newer reviews for Sam's Steaks and Grill

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is very good. Food presentation is superb. Wine selection is good. Food is tasty. Staff is not that enthusiastic, bit cool and work like a machine.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear "Tom S"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that overall you had a good dining experience at Sam's. Your feedback on the food, wine selection and atmosphere in the restaurant is very much appreciated, and I will follow up with the manager, Panom, with regards delivering a more engaging service.

We hope to see you back again soon at Sam's!

Holiday Inn Resort Phguket

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant tonight based on the reviews from trip advisor and it exceeded our expectations. Undoubtedly the best steak we ever had. The staff were so friendly and helped make the night an unforgettable one along with the setting and ambience of the restaurant. We really loved the little complimentary surprises between courses! Excellent way to end our trip in Thailand.

Dear "Anna_maree26"

Thank you for your very positive feedback. I am really pleased that you have had such an enjoyable experience at Sam's and that you enjoyed not only the food, but also the service from our wonderful team. I will be sure to share your comments with the manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon at Sam's.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our 7th trip to Phuket and I have been wanting to go to Sam's for a long time. We have been near it but never inside as I mistakenly thought it was outdoors along the sea shore. So if any of you want to try this highly recommended TA steak house it is a plush indoor restaurant right off the reception. Plush because I expected more of a typical US steakhouse in a Holiday Inn resort. Not at all. It is fancy, quite modern but comfortable and well light. The elegant setting is enhanced by wonderful smiles on the faces of all of the personnel. The Chateaubriand my wife and I shared was cooked to order, perfectly seasoned and melted in your mouth! An incredible experience not to be missed when you are in need of western food.
A slight negative is that we did not order starters which would have kept us busy while waiting for the steak. It seems a large table generated an "over-load" in the kitchen for which the waitress was apologetic. This may be occasional but if you need to take a shuttle bus back to your hotel just keep this in mind. Although the price tag is somewhat western the meat quality, service and atmosphere makes at least one visit to Sam's mandatory.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear "jr_hummel"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a kind and detailed review. I am really pleased that, despite a slight delay, you enjoyed your meal so much and I thank you for your kind comments with regards the friendly service from our team. I hope to see you back at Sam's when you next visit Phuket and Patong!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have travelled the world and eaten in many top restaurants in 25yrs of globe trotting. Many establishments have boasted their excellence but sadly fallen short of expectacions. SAMs Steakhouse at the Holiday Inn in Pattaya is not one of them! This is truly one of the finest restaurants I have eaten in...totally sublime and the atmosphere and service is without second to none. Many so called world renowned establishments could learn a thing or two here. Amazing and memorable. A special thanks to Panom the manager who is world class, a real gentleman.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear "matt1805"

Thank you for such a kind and positive review. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have had such an enjoyable and memorable experience dining with us at Sam's and I will be sure to share your comments with Panom and his team, who I am sure will delighted.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon at Sam's!