“Good restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 550 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is very good. Food presentation is superb. Wine selection is good. Food is tasty. Staff is not that enthusiastic, bit cool and work like a machine.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear "Tom S"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that overall you had a good dining experience at Sam's. Your feedback on the food, wine selection and atmosphere in the restaurant is very much appreciated, and I will follow up with the manager, Panom, with regards delivering a more engaging service.

We hope to see you back again soon at Sam's!

Holiday Inn Resort Phguket

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“WOW!!!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant tonight based on the reviews from trip advisor and it exceeded our expectations. Undoubtedly the best steak we ever had. The staff were so friendly and helped make the night an unforgettable one along with the setting and ambience of the restaurant. We really loved the little complimentary surprises between courses! Excellent way to end our trip in Thailand.

Dear "Anna_maree26"

Thank you for your very positive feedback. I am really pleased that you have had such an enjoyable experience at Sam's and that you enjoyed not only the food, but also the service from our wonderful team. I will be sure to share your comments with the manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon at Sam's.

French Riviera
“Feel like red meat ? search no longer ...”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our 7th trip to Phuket and I have been wanting to go to Sam's for a long time. We have been near it but never inside as I mistakenly thought it was outdoors along the sea shore. So if any of you want to try this highly recommended TA steak house it is a plush indoor restaurant right off the reception. Plush because I expected more of a typical US steakhouse in a Holiday Inn resort. Not at all. It is fancy, quite modern but comfortable and well light. The elegant setting is enhanced by wonderful smiles on the faces of all of the personnel. The Chateaubriand my wife and I shared was cooked to order, perfectly seasoned and melted in your mouth! An incredible experience not to be missed when you are in need of western food.
A slight negative is that we did not order starters which would have kept us busy while waiting for the steak. It seems a large table generated an "over-load" in the kitchen for which the waitress was apologetic. This may be occasional but if you need to take a shuttle bus back to your hotel just keep this in mind. Although the price tag is somewhat western the meat quality, service and atmosphere makes at least one visit to Sam's mandatory.

• Visited February 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear "jr_hummel"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a kind and detailed review. I am really pleased that, despite a slight delay, you enjoyed your meal so much and I thank you for your kind comments with regards the friendly service from our team. I hope to see you back at Sam's when you next visit Phuket and Patong!

“One of the finest”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have travelled the world and eaten in many top restaurants in 25yrs of globe trotting. Many establishments have boasted their excellence but sadly fallen short of expectacions. SAMs Steakhouse at the Holiday Inn in Pattaya is not one of them! This is truly one of the finest restaurants I have eaten in...totally sublime and the atmosphere and service is without second to none. Many so called world renowned establishments could learn a thing or two here. Amazing and memorable. A special thanks to Panom the manager who is world class, a real gentleman.

• Visited February 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear "matt1805"

Thank you for such a kind and positive review. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have had such an enjoyable and memorable experience dining with us at Sam's and I will be sure to share your comments with Panom and his team, who I am sure will delighted.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon at Sam's!

Ainsdale, United Kingdom
“Aon”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Been a regular visitor here over 10 years good ambience and very good staff most have been here for years, this time they have changed the bowl of bread that is served from a excellent selection and 3 choices of butters now basic finger rolls not great quality. Now the steak I usually have ribeye again thats what I ordered to be medium cooked, it arrived and was almost Rare, they took it away and pleased to say brought me a new steak so in front of the waiter I cut the steak sadly the blood was coming out it was at best medium rare, they offered me another one I refused this is a well known steak restaurant and just unacceptable that in two attempts they could not get the steak right as we know steak is Not difficult to get right. So my evening was spoiled .
I will think hard before I would go back again.

1 Thank stewart j
Dear "stewart j"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in detail and I am sincerely sorry that your experience at Sam's fell below both your expectations and the very high standards to which we normally operate. You are absolutely correct that our steaks should be cooked to perfection first time, every time and your comments with regards the quality of the miniature baguettes we now serve are well received, thank you.

I do hope that when you are next in Patong you will be willing to give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we really can "get it right" and I would appreciate if you would keep me as a direct point of contact for this, or for any other, reason.