“Good Location,Service and Price”
Review of Amata Patong

Amata Patong
Ranked #90 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My 4th trip to Phuket and this was the best hotel stay, we had a Deluxe room in the new section which overlooked the pool, the room was very large with a King size bed and had everything we needed, but we had to ask for a kettle to make a tea or coffee which was no big drama, the breakfast was very excellent with a good choice ,the biggest bonus was the location,, it was a short walk to everything but as it is not on a main road it was very quite at night.. we got a great deal through Expidia and would have no hesetation in staying here again..and yes the beds are hard but they are in every hotel I have steyed at in Phuket...

Room Tip: Send an e mail and ask for Anne, and then ask for a room in the new section overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rauchous

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here as part of our travelling in Thailand. We needed a location near the beach and all shops/bars etc. With the Amata we got this. It has two buildings with both offering a decent swimming pool. The staff were only happy to help and offer advice on were to go and arranges a taxi to the airport for us. The room was grand apart from the view but for €17 a night we weren't expecting anything out of this world! Overall of you're on a budget and you don't want to spending money on travel this is your place!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Spent 5 nights at Amata resort recently with my wife, 10 month old daughter and I. The resort is great, with two sets of swimming pools which appear to be well maintained. The infinity pool on the top of the new wing provides great views of the Patong area. We booked a Deluxe Pool View Room, and got a room on the 6th floor of the new wing. It was spacious enough, and clean. We also were able to get a cot which helped us do things during our stay. The bathroom has a wet shower - meaning that its open plan with a curtain - so the floor will get flooded after taking a shower - however we always found that it drained pretty quickly.

The hotel is located at a very convenient location, withing 10 minutes walk of Patong Beach, Bangla Road and Jungceylon mall. This really helps as you can take strolls in the area and get back to the hotel reasonably quickly. Lots of good restaurants and spas around the place which you can indulge yourself too.

The breakfast provided a good spread, with not too much and not too little food, and I found the staff to be quite engaging and helpful. Only gripe was that the room had mentioned tea/coffee facilities which appeared not to be there. We requested a kettle for our room, and was provided one, but there was no tea/coffee offered for the guests in the room. Had a great time, and really enjoyed the stay. Great value hotel which will enable you to experience the many facets of Patong.

Room Tip: Rooms in high floor with Pool view are very good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a deluxe room with pool view and breakfast for 4 nights through agoda. We checked in at about 11:45 p.m. on 19.11.2012 and were arranged to a room in the old block. I felt that there was an unpleasant smell in the room and I could only see a small part of the pool because the room was near the ground floor.

Next morning, I requested a receptionist called Arm to change a room in the new wing. He said that no room in new wing could be offered to me becaue all the rooms were full and they are only provided for the customers who booked superior room. Then I asked him to change a room at upper floor in the old block. He also said he could not do it for all the 4 nights I stayed because they were other kinds of rooms.

I said that there was no indication at your website that only superior rooms are in new wing. Moreover, when I booked the rooms in agoda, there were only standard rooms and deluxe rooms for my choice.

He called me to contact agoda. I called him to assist me to contact agoda and showed me his hotel web-site that only superior rooms are in the new wing. He refused to do so. I have talked with him about ten minutes and I have not lost my temper. However, he shouted to me, "I don't talk with you anymore, you wasted my time for one hour (I only spoke to him for only about 10 mins )".

Then I asked to talk to his manager if he had no time. He called me to find the manager by myself but I didn't know where his manager was. Later, he told me that his manageress' would come back in the afternoon.

His manageress is a polite girl and she apologized to me (actually Arm needed to apologize but he did not). She explained that she could confirm whether a room was available after the customers checked out. At last, she changed a room in the new wing to me.

The location of Amata Resort is very convenient and the staff members are nice except Arm. So I still rate the hote "Very Good". However, I have the following questions:
Does Arm see his hotel website before? (The hotel website indicates that a superior room is 32 meters and a deluxe room is 36 meters without mentioning new or old block.)
Does he have enough knowledge about the arrangement of rooms to customers?
Does Arm know what service means?
Can a receptionest lose temper and shout to the customers when the customers keep clam?
Has Arm be trained before?

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Christine201211
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the resort for 9 nights and had a amazing time! The resort was clean and extreamly close to everything in patong but not too close that you couldn't get any rest from noise. Breakfast was deffinatly good value for the amount we paid.the rooftop pool is amazing with views of the ocean and patong, Would deffinatly stay here again. I miss you Amata resort!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked this hotel with some hesitate, not knowing much about Patong area, but after reading the reviews in TA, we decided to go ahead and book. We were happy we took the advise and chose Amata.

Check in was pretty efficient, we were given rooms in the new block I think. Ours was a pool view as requested during booking. As we were there before 12noon, we were told to return after 2pm to collect the keys while they allow current guests to check out and to clean up. That being said, when we return at 4.30pm or so, 1 of our room was not cleaned yet. But overall, the daily cleaning was pretty well done, except that they tend to forget to refill this today, and forget that tomorrow..we have try spot their carts to request from them.

"Concierge" was friendly and helpful.

We find the price reasonable for the convenient location. Very near to Jungceylon (3 minutes walk again) and Bangla Road, yet, can't really hear the noise from there..not sure because we were on the 3rd floor...but it was really neglible, compared to the noise coming from the corridors outside our room.

Pool was not huge, but sufficient to chill out and not crowded during our stay..guess not guest prefer to venture to the beach which is about 7 mins stroll away.

Breakfast was basic but ok with us, with "live" cooking station for eggs and noodle soup on the Monday morning we were there (no more after that..), but everyday you get almost the same thing except for the local food, though not much changes to that as well. Oh, there was one morning that we managed to find croissant (besides the regular white and brown bread), but snatched up pretty quickly and no refill even until we left..

Check out was also easy as well.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Amata and will return when we visit Patong beach again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Victoria T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights after my other hotel stuffed up my booking. Very good value and still close to everything. Rooftop pool was very nice. We had superior room in the new building on corner facing pool and the road was nice view to sit on balcony relaxing. Very friendly staff. Really enjoyed my stay here will be coming back next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo