“Great Location unreal rooftop pool”
Review of Amata Patong

Amata Patong
Ranked #86 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I purchased a voucher that was for a different hotel, but surprise surprise they couldn't fit us in over a 12 month period so we were placed here, apart from a mix up with the room (not the hotels fault) it was great. Handy location and clean, I found the ground staff way more friendlier than the admin staff. To book a day tour I would not recommend the hotel staff, try T & Y Travel service located right next to the Amata Resort, she was fab, great deals, great service and full of info. Roof top pool was also great. We met some lovely people from WA and NSW (hi), I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a family and purchased a voucher you will be put in a twin room, ask if you can move or e...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here 1 week ago and the staff could not have been more helpful whilst getting their tips (which they made a point of coming to your room to get) however on checking out we had a very rude receptionist chase our cab over a broken bottle of water which incidently was free each day and grab 50thb out of my husband's hand. Up until this point we would definitely have returned to this hotel, however after such a rude treatment this will now not be the case. Also no hairdryer or kettle in rooms - very basic.

Room Tip: Pick the new side
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Having not been to Patong before, we soon realised we did not get the $1500 worth from Ezystays. This hotel can be booked for a fraction over $300AUD for 1 week. With a free massage and show and breakfast included, we barely got what we paid for, ie $398. The very good features are the location, the 2 swimming pools (ground and roof top) and the friendly and good service. Not so good, was the poor communication with the hotel staff (their English is lacking), no tea/coffee facilities in the room, the hard bed and the breakfast was average. They could have had more variety of fruits available at Breakfast. Overall, we were satisfied but mainly thanks to the location and the nice pools (both on ground and on roof top).

1  Thank MartinP1969
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We also bought the deal thru Spreets and after reading reviews on trip advisor I was concerned that we had made a mistake. But we were pleasantly surprised! We are a couple traveling with 2 kids 9 and 10. We have a room overlooking the pool and the rooms are basic but we have been comfortable. We are in a king bed and the kids are on 2 single beds. The room has been cleaned daily. We have not had the bathroom flooding and no blocked toilet. Great air conditioning system.
Location is brilliant as we can walk everywhere, close to Bangla Rd and the Jungceylon shopping centre so we bought our own beer and water and drinks for the kids.
The roof top pool is excellent, 360 degree veiws of Patong and you can order food and drinks if you want to.
Breakfast has been fine. We've had freshly made omellettes each day and beautiful fruit. We brought wheat bix just in case. We have eaten so much great food a light breakfast is all we have wanted.
We have found the staff to be friendly and helpful and enough English to get by.
I think if you come here with the right expectations you will be happy. I'd rate it as a 3 star based on my experience, value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Vbila1
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After staying the previous night in a noisy 'guesthouse' on a main road I decided that a better hotel was required immediately. The price was spot on and the room clean and spacious. The staff were always helpful and on hand. The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of Bangla Road for the bars etc and the beach but far enough off the main road to be quiet. I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Patong and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Paul_Bolton64
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Good pricing "out of season", and very clean room with very friendly and helpful staff. Bathroom clean with good water pressure and deep bath. Excellent range of good quality food at breakfast. Small but good range of exchange books. Free wifi with relatively fast speed.

Room Tip: If choosing a ground floor room (with garden) ensure it isn't 109 which looks into staff facilit...
3  Thank Tyretalk
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My cousin had originally purchased a spreets voucher to Baan Yuree with her friend who backed out just as the voucher was due to expire. I was lucky enough to manage time off work, so we booked this trip in literally 24hrs. Unlike her, I did a bit of research and was horrified by the reviews posted here and decided the voucher thing was a bit of a scam.
I have traveled extensively, she hasn't and I normally wouldn't book a voucher holiday. Because of all the negative reviews here I wasn't expecting much when we arrived and thank goodness I was pleasantly surprised. It was nothing like I was expecting.
The staff were very friendly, always available and spoke enough English to enable communication. We wanted to verify our checkout date about half way through our stay and they didn't need to ask our room number, or name - pretty good service one would think.
We ordered snacks by the pool on more than one occasion, and had no issue with taste or presentation and certainly didn't get sick as others had posted.
Yes, the shower flooded the bathroom, but then I'd stayed at the Sheraton in Sydney in April and so did theirs! I'd read a tip to remove the top off the drain in the shower, we did this and it helped. We also turned off the water when applying shampoo, soap etc and only turned in on when rinsing. When not washing our hair, we removed the shower head and used it as a hand held, again, this helped to minimize the flooding.
Breakfast was basic, but we always managed to find something. I'm happy with fried eggs on toast and was able to get that freshly made each day.
Both pools were clean - we spent most of our time on the roof top pool - the views are amazing. You could get drinks and food brought to you.
The beds were excruciatingly hard. We put up with them for two nights before heading to reception to see what they could do. All we did was inform reception that beds were too hard and hurting our backs. Reception were great and asked us of we needed soft beds. Housekeeping arrived with mattress toppers, re-made our beds and we were happy. I've traveled through Asia before, so again was prepared for the beds to be hard.
The location was amazing. You are right in the middle of everything, so no need for a taxi. Noise was not a problem, but we were there in the low season.
Mark at the tour desk couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating.
We did go to the Baan Yuree to collect our free massage and were glad we had been moved. I don't think I could have walked up it's hill each day. Yes it had a swim up bar, but Amata had what i like to call soul..
I'm a believer that you get what you pay for. These voucher holidays are cheap, so the skeptic in me says there has to be a catch. The Amata is a 2 star hotel and Baan Yuree is a 3 star. In saying that I did prefer the Amata. I have stayed in worse for much more dollar value.
My only gripe was that we were promised a pool view room with a balcony and we ended up with a view of a building and no balcony. When I asked to move rooms, I was told that all pool view rooms, with the balcony are double/king not twin - slightly discriminating!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family