“Good Hotel in the right location”
Review of Amata Patong

Amata Patong
Ranked #90 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Bolton, UK
“Good Hotel in the right location”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After staying the previous night in a noisy 'guesthouse' on a main road I decided that a better hotel was required immediately. The price was spot on and the room clean and spacious. The staff were always helpful and on hand. The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of Bangla Road for the bars etc and the beach but far enough off the main road to be quiet. I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Patong and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Paul_Bolton64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Good pricing "out of season", and very clean room with very friendly and helpful staff. Bathroom clean with good water pressure and deep bath. Excellent range of good quality food at breakfast. Small but good range of exchange books. Free wifi with relatively fast speed.

Room Tip: If choosing a ground floor room (with garden) ensure it isn't 109 which looks into staff facilit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tyretalk
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My cousin had originally purchased a spreets voucher to Baan Yuree with her friend who backed out just as the voucher was due to expire. I was lucky enough to manage time off work, so we booked this trip in literally 24hrs. Unlike her, I did a bit of research and was horrified by the reviews posted here and decided the voucher thing was a bit of a scam.
I have traveled extensively, she hasn't and I normally wouldn't book a voucher holiday. Because of all the negative reviews here I wasn't expecting much when we arrived and thank goodness I was pleasantly surprised. It was nothing like I was expecting.
The staff were very friendly, always available and spoke enough English to enable communication. We wanted to verify our checkout date about half way through our stay and they didn't need to ask our room number, or name - pretty good service one would think.
We ordered snacks by the pool on more than one occasion, and had no issue with taste or presentation and certainly didn't get sick as others had posted.
Yes, the shower flooded the bathroom, but then I'd stayed at the Sheraton in Sydney in April and so did theirs! I'd read a tip to remove the top off the drain in the shower, we did this and it helped. We also turned off the water when applying shampoo, soap etc and only turned in on when rinsing. When not washing our hair, we removed the shower head and used it as a hand held, again, this helped to minimize the flooding.
Breakfast was basic, but we always managed to find something. I'm happy with fried eggs on toast and was able to get that freshly made each day.
Both pools were clean - we spent most of our time on the roof top pool - the views are amazing. You could get drinks and food brought to you.
The beds were excruciatingly hard. We put up with them for two nights before heading to reception to see what they could do. All we did was inform reception that beds were too hard and hurting our backs. Reception were great and asked us of we needed soft beds. Housekeeping arrived with mattress toppers, re-made our beds and we were happy. I've traveled through Asia before, so again was prepared for the beds to be hard.
The location was amazing. You are right in the middle of everything, so no need for a taxi. Noise was not a problem, but we were there in the low season.
Mark at the tour desk couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating.
We did go to the Baan Yuree to collect our free massage and were glad we had been moved. I don't think I could have walked up it's hill each day. Yes it had a swim up bar, but Amata had what i like to call soul..
I'm a believer that you get what you pay for. These voucher holidays are cheap, so the skeptic in me says there has to be a catch. The Amata is a 2 star hotel and Baan Yuree is a 3 star. In saying that I did prefer the Amata. I have stayed in worse for much more dollar value.
My only gripe was that we were promised a pool view room with a balcony and we ended up with a view of a building and no balcony. When I asked to move rooms, I was told that all pool view rooms, with the balcony are double/king not twin - slightly discriminating!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank traveledsolo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is not exactly what I would call a resort as there are limited grounds. There's a nice pool, but that's about it.

We got a cheap room which had a nice outlook onto potted plants - but once we settled in we realised it was also right by the staff toilets and they would sit outside our room smoking. So I would suggest not getting a room on the ground floor - it could also get a bit noisy at times

The staff were always very friendly and helpful and the location was perfect as we were there for some dental work just around the corner

The common areas of the hotel were very nice with carved wooden panels and ornaments

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank KiwiKate55
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Ended up here through a groupon nz voucher. Was in new building and the room was large clean and comfortable. Missing some basic things like coffee making but was fine. Breakfast was fine too and the new building has a great pool on top with awesome views. Staff very friendly and helpful

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Si E
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel provides great value for money, very affordable and offers the basic necessities. The new building is very clean compared to the other building. Main con was that the shower had no barrier which blocked the water from going everywhere and our balcony had a useful view. However the location is great as a walk out and you're on the main road so it offers access to everything quite easily. Some rooms we're larger than others with a better view even though we paid the same prices.

Room Tip: Stay on the 'new' building and request for a 'larger room' with balcony view of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kate V
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

The worst hotel that i ever met.the price is not suit with their services and facilities.u can find other hotel which more better with the same prices.once i had took out the mineral water that they claim as free,but i've been embrassing by their bell boy because they treat me like a thieft when roughly took out the mineral water from my backpack at the lobby...worstttttt!!!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fazilah A

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels