Amata Patong
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Tony Resort(Patong)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolbangla roaddeluxe pool view roommin walkshopping centrebangla rdstayed nightsnight lifean upgradehotel is situatedjungceylonpoolsmassagetailoraction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Basically this hotel selling point is the location. The service here is not meeting the standard, majority of the staffs doesnt understand English, I called Housekeeping asking them whether the room provide Kettle..they just keep asking me room number and I doesnt received anything at all..very poor amenties with the rate they charge, no coffee tea making facilities, no bath foam. the most terrible is the breakfast, the guests staying here mainly are tourist and at least more than 3 nights, the daily breakfast is exactly the same, poor quality of sausage, poor quality of ham and bacon. The lady in white t-shirt in the coffee house with terrible service. no courtesy at all. the whole hotel corridor, lobby toilet was in darkness, it seems the hotel try to save energy.

Room Tip: If anyone check in, make sure request a room with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A few minutes to Jungceylon Center and Bangla Road with a lot of restaurants and coffee houses. There is also a good beauty salon near the hotel. Standart rooms are big and clean (we stayed in the new bilding), but have no hairdryer. Staff is friendly; "american breakfast" is rather poor, but enough. By the way, there was a safe box in the room.
Amata is rather far from the Patong beach but we've never swum there, only on Caron beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Svitlana S
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Location is very good. About 25min to chalong pier of you are going to another island. Only a few minutes walk to jungceylon and Bangla road nightlife. Only bad part about the hotel is it has no safe box.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Jiewei
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Our second trip to Thailand and once again stayed here! Much cheaper during low season as expected but still has the high quality of service you would expect. Friendly faces remembered us from our last trip and nothing was too hard to make our stay more enjoyable. Close to everything you would want in Patong.. Jungceylon, Bangla Road, Markets & The Beach! .. Pele once again made our stay a memorable one!... I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Eagle75au
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Customer service was bascily bad, I am an avid traveler and travel for business once a month at least and for a hotel of this standing the service was just disgraceful.

Let me elaborate, the bell boy K.Somchai was quite alright with a decent attitude and smiled when people entered. The ladies manning the front desk were ok as well.
The Ladyboy not kathoy which was in charge of the evening shift was just down right rude.
We happened to leave our keys in the hotel room and requested for him to help open it for us, not a smile not a greeting just told us to go up first. we went up waited for a few mins no one appeared.
I had to go back down to call him to open the door for us a second time before he actually came up. In the lift on the way up I thanked him. Silence. least he could do is reply it was ok or something. nothing.
After that I called down to request to have a taxi booked for the morning to the Airport. He demanded that I went down to pay the 600 batt fee immidiately before he would book the taxi for us. I mean come on do you think we would run away without paying for the taxi fare? that was just pretty demeaning. this was at 2am in the morning by the way.
In all the experiance was just not worth the effort and typical service in Thailand is much better then my experiance here.
The bed by the way are horid with you being able to feel every spring existing woke up with a sore neck both nites I was here.
They also had a safe deposit box located downstairs and that closes by 10 pm everynite. So if you need cash in a hurry at nite too bad for you.
Good points:
The room was relatively clean, they had quite a few channels on TV, The lady check in staff were pleasent. K.Somchai seemed a nice enough guy.

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple