“Location and great value”
Review of Rico's Hotel

Rico's Hotel
Ranked #122 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to Phuket for the first time and didn't know what to expect.
The hotel was hidden a bit but not hard to find. It's a good hotel, clean and the rooms are good. The reception was actually very helpful and gave lots of great advice on things to do.
My room was good size and equipped with everything needed.
Outside the hotel there were a number of restaurants and a hooka place which was great. Down the alley is the famous Bangla street where everything happens.
The location was perfect and not even a one minute walk from the hotel.
Patong beach was also a 5 minute walk hence it was good in all aspects. As for value for money again it was great and I was really happy from all sides.
The hotel was good; service was good and location was great.
I highly recommend it from all sides for singles. I don't think it's a place for families but for single people its great.
Kal

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed March 16, 2013

AUD$48 to stay in the heart of Bangla road district, seemed too good to be true, but I found this place was exactly as represented on the booking site.

The room was huge, although perhaps that space is not used to its optimum, eg the bathroom had no bath, yet could easily have accomodated one.

Of course, noise is what you would expect, it is located at the end of a short lane running off Bangla Road, and so I will observe rather than complain that it was noisy. I didnt care, it comes with the territory, and I wanted the experience for one night at least, of being able to say I stayed in Bangla Road (effectively)

I give it 3 stars, which equates to 'average' but if I could, I'd rate it 3.5, as it is much better than average, but not extending as far as 'very good'....If the location appeals, its outrageously good value for money

Room Tip: not much point asking for a quiet room here. You go in to this hotel with your eyes wide open. Its B...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staffs were marvelous, friendly and helpful.
Our first night was interrupted by the loud noise from the club below.
Our room was on 1st floor as we needed triple bedroom. The room was HUGE and SPACIOUS. If only the noise were tolerable, we would have stayed in that room till our last night. Such a big regret.
We asked to the change the room for the next day and the staffs arranged it for us without much hassle. If you are a party goer and will come back to hotel after you're done with partying, then it's OK. If not, i guess you can mention to have upper floors room when you are making the reservation. The noise is barely noticeable on upper floors.

The location is smack in the middle of Bangla Road, so expect large crowds and nightlife. Near to 7-Eleven, Bangla Mall & Jungcyelon Mall.

Value for money, spacious room and friendly service. Will choose Rico's again for our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors and facing the back - 2nd & 3rd floor if you value your sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First off, Rico's is best for party animals since it is situated right on top of a popular nightclub. So don't expect a good nights rest, especially on a friday or saturday night. Secondly, as you reach the first floor and all the way to your room there is a horrible stench of dampness and it does not go away no matter how much Yardley perfume you spray. Alrighty, enough meanness.. A big plus point was that the room is quite spacious and the ladies at reception are eager to help. They called our taxi when it wouldn't show, organised our airport trip and let us use the printer. So thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

During my first trip to Phuket in May 2012, staying in Rico's hotel was heavenly bliss and less noise pollution from the popular nightlife in Bangla, but enough distance strategically located to all places we need to go (Jungceylon Mall, Patong Beach, etc).
When I came back to Phuket again in end 2012, I noticed that there are 2 brand new clubs and the tiger live band was extended facing the front location of the hotel. So, sleeping was a challenge for me.
Don't get me wrong though, I have no issue with the hotel because it has all that the essential accommodations I need (helpful staffs, good housekeeping, laundry service, elevator, airport transfer, very affordable room rates). Unless I'm a very heavy sleeper or am super wasted, I have no problem sleeping. But since I'm a very light sleeper, wearing ear plugs helps ALOT! :)
i don't mind staying there again. But, like I said earlier, due to the new clubs located right next to the hotel, earplugs are a must for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is in the heart of the Bangla Road action. Actually the location (being 100+m from the road) is okay. If you arrive after 6pm then you'll have to walk to the hotel as Bangla Rd is closed to vehicles after dark. The hotel is cheap. The rooms okay other than the big cock roach in the bathroom. The problem is that there is a massive, thumping disco on the ground floor so sleeping is difficult if not impossible. Phuket (or at least that part of Phuket) is awful ... too many blocks dressed as gals and the bars simply hustle to take your money. You'll be better to find a quieter area with nicer bars and proper gals.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Julian B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed in Rico's on different occasions since 2009 and found the hotel to be very consistent over the years. They offer clean, well equipped and spacious rooms in the heart of Patong’s Bangla Road. The prices are reasonable, and although they have increased a bit for the high season, you can still find great deals for the period outside Dec-Feb.

In my opinion, there is no reason to stay in Patong other than the nightlife. If you are planning to go to bed early or is travelling with children, there are much better places in Phuket, Krabi and in other great beaches of the Andaman coast. But if you find yourself considering a night out in Patong, Rico’s is a great place to stay. It’s located on a small Soi on Bangla Road, so you are in the middle of the action and still getting a little away from the noise when you’re done with the party. During the day you are a short walk from Patong beach, which, although not the best on the island, may help ease your hangover with a dive in the Adaman sea. Also within a few steps is the huge Jungceylon Mall, with hundreds of shops and restaurants.
Besides the rooms, the hotel does not offer much. Service is alright (rooms cleaned everyday with fresh towels if you want) and the staff, although a little bit reserved, can help you with the basics. There’s no restaurant on the premises, but again, you are in the middle of Patong, with hundreds of places to eat covering all price ranges.

I don’t know if I’m going to Patong anytime soon, but if would definitely stay at Rico’s next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Miguelitus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
P.S. Hotel
Capricorn Village
Capricorn Village
#212 of 327 in Patong
Tropica Resort and Restaurant

Been to Rico's Hotel? Share your experiences!