“"good location & average room"”

Bayshore Resort and Spa
Ranked #202 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 5, 2014

good location near to patong area, however service was just ok, rooms were average, and consider all that fact the price is on the high side.

plenty more options available so would not be back again.

would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked a week at this “resort” through our timeshare company. The overall presentation of the resort was less than we expected for something that was offered through the timeshare organisations.

To be honest we had been warned of this place from others in Thailand and when I did some investigations on Trip Advisor prior to starting the holidays I had already started having concerns.

The room we were given was small and similar to any motel in Australia. It had two beds pushed together to make a double bed. This created a ridge in the middle of the bed that made an already uncomfortable bed extremely annoying. I know that Asian beds tend to be on the hard side and I have gotten used to this. But this was the most uncomfortable bed I had ever slept in. The bathroom had a bath with a shower over the top and a toilet and vanity basin.
The television had only a couple of English channels (this is standard) but every one of them was staticy with a fuzzy picture and was not really view able.

The pool was out of action, something that was not told to us when we booked the accommodation. Arrangements had been made with the resort next door for our use but that was a hindrance we did not want to go through. With all this in mind we decided to move to a new location the next day.

Room Tip: There are better places out there for the money and in better locations.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ozdave59
Reviewed January 24, 2012

It was good location wise, room and amenities were what was expected for the price you pay, although the WC was leaking.However they double charged me, One was for the booking and charged me again for the room on top of room service and drinks at the bar when i left. They did not cancel the booking charges. When i called to get a refund, they hung up and I couldn't get through again. As I was a walk in customer, I was charged double the price of the room than online reservation booking. How do I know this? i peeked at the reception computer with the list of guests staying, room vacancy and prices. I paid double!! never again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Travelite202
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Me and my wife booked this hotel for one night only from Bangkok. We were not sure about the quality and service thats why we booked it for minimum stay.However, we did not find the value for money and shifted to other hotel for next 3 days of our phuket stay.

Goods:
- Location was OK. Though beside traffic loaded road it was near to beach and all the happening places.
- Room was Ok with necessary amenities.

Bads:
- Did not get a helping hand while climbing through stairs with luggage during check-in and check-out.
- Breakfast was not included in our tariff and hotel breakfast seemed to be overpriced. However, good breakfast was available in the next building restaurant.

In total, I found the hotel as an avg one. With same tariff you would get a better place to stay neared to beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank war_rahman
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Decent Hotel. But not that luxurious as i expected.
Rooms were fine and clean but i faced lots of problem as far as service is concerned.
Very Small pool.
Decent resturant.
But good things about it are as follows-:
1. Great location
2. walking distance to Bangla Road
3. Walking distance to Patong Beach
4. Awsome nightlife around the hotel

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Vishal79mehta
Reviewed April 22, 2011

When I first read the reviews I was worried about "bayshore". But when I got there, the hotel was quite, and the staff very friendly. My room had a renovated bathroom, and the room was quite clean. The location is central so it is easy to get around Patong.

The Mermaid Resort and Spa was a pleasent part of my vaca in Patong.

Room Tip: ask for a room upstairs
Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Siam_Too
Reviewed April 16, 2011

management changed from Danish to Danish. 2days before arrival they cancelled our reservation and we lost 1300euro. 3days we had no toilet and they offered us the public toilet. Towels are dirty, ruined polyester and don't forget we had twice time RATS in our room and in the bathrooms are fungi everywhere if not it's only repainted. The hotel is one headquarter of bayshore group - so five days a week you have Russian's and Japanes and lot of reps around the breakfast and pool area

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family