La Flora Resort Patong
$123
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$88
$105
The KEE Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$67
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$66
$74
$59
$95
Marriott Hotels
All reviewsprivate poolbeachfront villagay beachfresh juice bardirect beach accessrooftop barbangla roadfree mini baregg stationboutique hotelbreakfast staffour honeymoonbangla rdamazing locationrestaurant staffduty managerfront office
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel is bound to disappoint - the rooms are way overpriced for what they are. I stayed in the 'lofted pool villa.' The room was not lofted. The 'private pool' was a tiny little pool that was literally right outside the bathroom door - nowhere to sit by it at all - step out the door and you're in the pool. Patong beach is gross - takes urban beach to an extreme I have never seen before - a whole new definition of tourist trap. The worst part of this hotel was the 'concierge.' I put concierge in quotations because, in my opinion, a concierge is a hotel employee that is familiar with the area and can set up activities based on your personal tastes. This hotel does not have that. What this hotel has is several contracts with a couple of tour groups, and a 'concierge' that sits in the front of the hotel that can set them up for you. If you are interested in ANYTHING that they do not have contracts with - restaurants, tours, massage, etc., the 'concierge' knows NOTHING and is of no help. If you absolutely insist on staying in Patong, stay at the Impiana down the street - I stayed there as well, and it was definitely better, and less expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the 'beach' will be quieter, as this hotel is smack in the middle of the chaos
7  Thank jbsf79
Management response:Responded March 3, 2014

Sawasdee Krab!!!

Thank you very much for your prompt comments you have made during your stay at La Flora Patong on 21-23 February 2014.

My associates and I were delighted to receive your constructive comments. All feedback that we received finds us very challenging as it helps us to be more accurate and maintain our daily standard of service for job satisfaction and accomplishment.

We were very sorry to learn of your disappointment due to the lack of information and services you were expecting from our employee with special mentioned to our Concierge. The issues that you have raised had definitely been addressed and reviewed for efficient services as well as the attitude which our colleagues had shown during your stay.

Unfortunately, after I had investigated those issues that you commented for our Concierge, I found it very amazing hence the complaint employee is one of our best assets at La Flora Patong. He has been working with us since the hotel opened. In fact, he got a lot of excellent praises for the job well done not only from the guest’s point of view but from the entire hotel as well.

To add more, we have also learned that you booked a room with Loft. When you arrived, our GSA greeted you with additional information that your room has been upgrade to Beach Front Pool Villa - a better and more convenient place as it is just a short step to the beach. This is one of the great demands and is one of our guest’s favorite places to stay. Finally, you accepted and agreed to stay at the Beach Front Pool Villa.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for having taken the time to bring your concerns to our attentions. We are grateful for your support and we are always had the pleasure of welcoming you back to La Flora Patong on your next visit to Phuket

Best regards,
Teera J. Nakorn

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Inside this pleasant mini-resort it's easy-ish to forget that you are in the middle of Patong Beach. Great location; walking out of the resort onto the beach on the one side or the craziness on the other was a real plus.

Access by road was bit hectic, which is worth bearing in mind when planning or waiting for transfers for trips and airport

2  Thank bill h
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent about USD 350/night to book the Deluxe Pool Access room and expected we could get a room which equaled to USD 350. But it was disappointed!
1) When we check-in, the staff reminded us to check out at 12:00 am, at the second day, the staff gave a slip of paper and reminded us we should check out at 12:00 am, at 12: 00 am of the third day, the staff called us to check out, I told him I was gathering up my things. At 12:10, he called me again, I told him I have a baby I need a 15 mins more, he said "I can give you 10 mins only!" I had never saw a 5-star hotel push a guest like this! When I checked in, the front desk of La Flora wasted my about 1 hour since the agency's mistake! But it pushed me checked out so hurry!
2) The room is old and everything (tissue, tooth brush, lotion, shampoo.etc) are not like 5-star hotels', like 3 or 4-star hotels'.
3) The room was full of mosquitoes, we used mosquito coils but we still got about 20 swellings.
4) The breakfast like 3 or 4 star hotels', worse than the Millennium Patong which I spent USD 180/night.
5) No privacy. The opposite rooms can be see clearly.
6) Once the water pipe which connacted with the toilet was turned on, the room is smelly!

I will never stay at La Flora Resort Patong again. It does not deserve the price it offers!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank AMY L
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Phuket is a great Island with amazing beaches. most of the hotel are not so great, even if they adverised as 4 or 5 stars. La Flora is a real 5 stars, and maybe even more. the location is great, just by the water, the rooms are really good, and they have an amazing pool. we also enjoyed the food there. the hotel located only 5 minutes walking from the pedestrian street where you can enjoy the special athmosphere of Phoket , the bars and the night clubs.
The price is not cheap, specially compare to the rates of the other hotels in the Island, but it worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jacob L
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed in the a pool access room and from the moment we hopped of the plane service was wonderful. rooms are big, breakfast was delicious, same goes for the cocktails up at the bar. free mini bar. close walk to all the action and staff willing to help with anything. will defiantly stay again. thank you

2  Thank Holidaybugaustralia